• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega to announce new Anime + Game collaboration project next month at AnimeJapan 2015

duckroll

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201502/24072471.html

Famitsu has a general preview of some events happening at AnimeJapan 2015 next month, the only one specifically relevant to game announcements is a Sega project announcement on March 21 at noon. It's a brand new Sega project which is a game and anime collaboration thing. Popular idol unit Nanamori-chu Goraku-bu will be part of the announcement event. They're the voice cast for the girls in Yuri Yuri.

Falk

that puzzling face
Valkyria Chronicles 4

BELIEVE

edit: Read the link. Guess not. :(

It's good to have impossible dreams though.

Lagamorph

I'm hoping it is Sonic and hoping it isn't Sonic at the same time...

With Sonic Boom currently airing though, I doubt it will be.

jonno394

A Shining Force spin off game/anime trying to capitalise on the likes of Log Horizon and Sword Art Online with a real world/game setting with high school kids playing the newest Shining Force game and getting trapped in it.

Defuser

Shining Idols the next installment to the Shining series as a idol simulator.

Sega wants the idol pie market after seeing how much mad money merchandising Love Live and Idolmaster makes.

sega x anime?
Nanamori-chu Goraku-bu will be part of the announcement

holy shit that YURU YURI pajama fighter would soon become reality

1363598262200.jpg

Nikodemos

I'm sensing a school girl / idol / panty peeking / zombie / rhythm game on mobile devices.
Zombie schoolgirl idol rhythm game with panty peeking.

You know, this doesn't even sound weird to me anymore. I may have seen far too much anime for my own sanity's good.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
54ec302836d38.jpg

Is Hetalia still hot/running/whatever? I remember that after a certain point episodes were no more that good.

openrob

It wouldn't have anything to do with Crowdrive would it? For those who don't know this is a joint venture with Sega, Fuji TV and Goopa to create a crowd funding platform based in Asia.

https://www.crowdrive.com

Initially, Crowdrive will focus on anime-focused projects, but it will expand to include video game projects in May 2015. SEGA Networks will handle the platform’s operations, while Fuji TV will serve as the primary business planner and operator.

Piers

Most likely a new franchise that will get a game to debut with the anime.
I think Sakura Wars had something similar.

Top Bottom