• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SIE Japan published list of Pro Enhanced Titles

black070

Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan has published a list of currently confirmed title enhanced with PlayStation 4 Pro. We already know about all of the western games on the list, but many of the Japanese games on the list are newly confirmed to support the platform.

Out Now
Knack (SIE) – Supported with the latest update
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X HD – Supported with the latest update
Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 (Konami) – Support planned
Utawarerumono: The Two Hakuoros (Aquaplus) – Supported with the latest update
BlazBlue: Central Fiction (Arc SYstem Works) – Supported with the latest update
The Playroom VR (SIE)
Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live (Sega)
World of Final Fantasy (Square Enix) – Supported with the latest update
Berserk and the Band of the Hawk (Koei Tecmo)
Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (Gust)
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (Marvelous)

Upcoming Games
Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru (Koei Tecmo)
Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix) – Support Planned
The Last Guardian (SIE)
Yakuza 6 (Sega)
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon (Gust)
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII with Power-Up Kit (Koei Tecmo)
SG/ZH School Girl/Zombie Hunter (D3 Publisher)
New Danganronpa V3: Everyone’s New Semester of Killing (Spike Chunsoft)
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue (Square Enix)
Gravity Rush 2 (SIE)
Valkyria: Azure Revolution (Sega)
Birthdays the Beginning (Arc System Works)
Resident Evil 7: biohazard (Capcom)
Resident Evil 7: biohazard Grotesque Ver. (Capcom)

http://gematsu.com/2016/11/list-ps4-pro-enhanced-japanese-games

Not a particularly surprising list. Lines up with the information that new games released after September will require a forwards-compatible patch, and games releasing after October must support PS4 Pro in some capacity.

With begs the question: When is Persona 5 receiving its update?

Shame about the lack of games supported that were released before September. I guess that's indicative of the smaller console market, but given how Bamco tried to charge for N3DS upgrades (anyone remember Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy+?) it's business as usual I guess.

That a fantastic list; support seems expansive. It's missing a few notable titles though:

-Persona 5
-Nier: Automata
-Dragon Quest Builders

Are these not going to be supported?

From Software don't give a fuck

D':

NieR will be supported. Would not count on Persona, but it can probably run native 4K on the PS4 Pro.

Zhao_Yun

I think they only listed games that release in December/January in the upcoming games section which is why Nier is missing.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'd like to see Persona 5 run at 60FPS or checkerboarded 4K if they have the chance.

Not like it would make a lot of difference to the kind of game it is, but a cleaner visual presentation would certainly be appreciated.

I'd like to see Persona 5 run at 60FPS or checkerboarded 4K if they have the chance.

Not like it would make a lot of difference to the kind of game it is, but a cleaner visual presentation would certainly be appreciated.

Persona 5 should be native 4K if games like Skyrim and Shadow of Mordor can do it. It's pretty much a last gen remaster.

SJRB

Gold Member
ctrl + f "Bloodborne"

TuB2Dds.gif

Don't "Ctrl F" for Bloodborne, dudes.

Literally the first thing I did, lol.

zoobzone

That list isn't complete.

There are many games such as Ratchet and Clank and COD Black Ops 3 that are also supported.

xzeldax3

This makes me wonder if any game being localized now will ever get a Pro patch that's exclusive for the localized region. I highly doubt that will happen though.

So many games on that list and additions that I'm getting or have.

Hell yes, I'm sure there will be more added and obviously more new unannounced games in development beyond the ones we already know, but that's a good start with newish and upcoming stuff.

Also, wow, didn't know even World of Final Fantasy was going to get it. Nice!

Only games needed for me was Nier automata and persona and neither showed up. The former being more important as platinum games always benefit with better frame rates while persona being an rpg would look nicer but wouldn't offer a drastic gameplay change.

Zhao_Yun

Only games needed for me was Nier automata and persona and neither showed up. The former being more important as platinum games always benefit with better frame rates while persona being an rpg would look nicer but wouldn't offer a drastic gameplay change.

This list only shows the titles that are either already released or will release in November-January in Japan, hence why Nier is not mentioned. Afaik Square has already hinted at Pro support for Nier though.

orochi91

It would seem that NieRis getting a Pro patch; it was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Atlus will likely announce a Pro patch sometime near the game's launch.

It would seem that NieRis getting a Pro patch; it was mentioned earlier in the thread.

I can't find a quote where they directly say they're supporting the Pro, but they did ask people if they'd buy a slim a Pro model Nier-themed PS4. And I doubt Sony will ever bundle a game in with the Pro that doesn't support it.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Nier won't need patching given its certain to submitted past the point where Pro support/compliance is mandatory for passing Sony's TRC.

Piccoro

BlazBlue: Central Fiction is the first fighting game that is enhanced for the Pro. That's cool.

Anyone know what are the diferences?

This list only shows the titles that are either already released or will release in November-January in Japan, hence why Nier is not mentioned. Afaik Square has already hinted at Pro support for Nier though.

I see. Well that's great news to hear. Guess that would also reaffirm that persona itself won't be getting any benefits. Ah well, Nier benefiting is a win regardless.

artsi

Persona 5 recently had a patch, I'm not expecting anything but I'll try it on Pro for funsies today.

Top Bottom