• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Game of Thrones’ Season 8: Directors Revealed (Sapochnik, Nutter, D&D)

BunnyBear

Season 6 was very good, not on the level of season 7 bad, but still didn't feel as good as the other seasons.

I agree with the way they trimmed down plot during those first 6 seasons. That was the right way to go.

But the brevity of season 7 is not a creative decision. They've admitted as much. They're just tired of working so hard, and want to wrap up. It's a time issue. That's why its so bad now.

No matter how many times you crowbar 'it's so bad' into a post, you're not going to convince anyone to change their opinion. Give up with your overwrought posts it, we get it, you think everything is terribly awful.

Good to hear Miguel is on board again.

AColdDay

No matter how many times you crowbar 'it's so bad' into a post, you're not going to convince anyone to change their opinion. Give up with your overwrought posts it, we get it, you think everything is terribly awful.

Good to hear Miguel is on board again.

I won't agree that it is "bad", but it is different than it was. Things are kind of just getting propelled forward to make the plot happen, logic be damned. So, I will say that while it isn't a bad show, its not as great as it once was.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Fuck yes Sapochnik.

Hardhome \ Battle of the Bastards \ Winds of Winter were all 10/10s.

D&D getting the finale is.. expected. I'm sure they'll put up their A game on that, and spare no expense in making it.
Hope Sapochnik is getting the 'Action pre-finale', in ep5, and hopefully 3 or 4 too.

Nutter is also good.

No Mylod is excellent news.

All in all, a good batch.

Well I agree mostly, what got us to that situation was dumb, and there was bad stuff like the spear and the redshirts and other stuff, but the actual battle, taking it on its own, was very impressive, I disagree about tension I thought for sure Tormund was gone for instance. As a setpiece it was top quality, but within the episode and the overall series it was indeed terrible.

Actually you're right about Torms, I feared Torm for a second, but then it dragged .. and I lost it shortly before he was saved. To me it was just ok overall despite its shortcomings, while every other battle is pretty damn amazing.

Aurongel

I'm willing to bet that everything past those first two episodes will be the "penultimate" episode. They were already moving in that direction already with season 7.

Top Bottom