• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Hyped.

Everyone's been hyping the shit out of this Negan character and the second half in general. Not a comic reader so im excited.

someday

Banned
Prepare to be bombarded by commercials every 8 mins or so for this first episode back.
Yep, that's why I'm DVR'ing it and will wait about 25 minutes before beginning it. I'll finish not too long after the actual episode ends and w/o all the commercials.

never forget

b4SDdjJ.gif

#killoffmorgan

Can't believe it's come to that.

I know it's TWD but I really wish Melissa McBride would get an emmy nom :/

such bullshit....

hokahey

Lol AMC just needs to stop being such babies man. They're going to mess up one of my favorite characters cause they're scared of what might happen if he says the f word? Like come on you showed Noah getting his face practically ripped off and you can't let the actors say fuck? He doesn't even have to say it near as much as he does in the comics. Cause let's be serious no way would that fly. But an f-bomb here or there would be perfect.

Negan is beyond foul in his language and behavior. It's not just F-bombs. Even if he said fuck, they're not going to let him talk about how hard his dick is etc.

Point being, there's a 0% chance of TV Negan being remotely close to comic Negan in terms of vulgarity. Hell, look how different the governor and his arc was.

I'm not expecting to see Negan on TV. It'll be a character loosely inspired by basically.

UberTag

I know it's TWD but I really wish Melissa McBride would get an emmy nom :/

such bullshit....
If she wasn't going to get one for Seasons 4 or 5, it's not in the cards.
Season 6 hasn't given her nearly as much to work with.

Only person who really impressed with their acting in the first half of Season 6 (IMO) was Tovah Feldshuh.
I'd entertain giving Steven Yeun some props if Glenn's death fakeout arc wasn't so stupid and is now being derailed by Enid babysitting duty.

dustyherb

Negan is beyond foul in his language and behavior. It's not just F-bombs. Even if he said fuck, they're not going to let him talk about how hard his dick is etc.

Point being, there's a 0% chance of TV Negan being remotely close to comic Negan in terms of vulgarity. Hell, look how different the governor and his arc was.

I'm not expecting to see Negan on TV. It'll be a character loosely inspired by basically.
They've talked about how they wanna bring tv Negan to be as close as possible to the comic version. They're trying to do what they didn't with the governor. But ya of course your right he isn't going to say half the filthy crap he says in the comics. But by what I've heard Gimple, Kirkman, and Jeffery Dean Morgan say in interviews they're really trying to get him to be the character we see from the comics with all his characteristics intact.

It sounds like there really going to try to push this show to the limits with Negan so who knows what will actually happen. Us comic book readers might be suprised with how it all turns out. As long as they don't change him as much as they did with like tyreese then I won't have much to complain about.

bidguy

Banned
so is negan gonna appear in this episode or are they gonna introduce him last minute and end it with a cliffhanger ?

UberTag

Shut up, Sam. Carol won't bake you any more cookies if you keep whining like that.

Now let me slather you in zombie blood so we can go outside for a stroll. Just pretend to be brave even though I raised you to be a chickenshit so your dead father would be less likely to beat you. Got that?

Jerm411

Great OP...can't wait. I've become kind of jaded this season, fully expecting tonight to rope me back in though.

An episode of Walking Dead without The Artisan's commentary.

Edit: I updated my profile pic for the occasion.
lol, I'm back, man. But if you guys don't want me to post in the thread tonight I'll stay out. I'm lucky that I was allowed back the night it returns. But I probably won't be able to catch the rest of the season on time since I won't be home Sunday nights

p.s...I like that you added the digimon touch to the avy :p

edit: ah, we probably spoke in the digimon OT, cool

TheDanger

Banned
so it will be 3 am when the episode airs for me, thinking of going to sleep soon ish and then getting up to watch it, I just know the work day will seem like ages if I don't watch it before.

SamuraiX-

Rewatching Season 5 episodes, it's made me realize Aaron has become one of my all-time favorite characters on this show. Here's hoping he sticks around for all the seasons to come and that he continues getting more screentime/development.

BorganXI

Really hyped for the return of Walking Dead tonight! I'm guessing we lose 2 or 3 regulars tonight.

Episode will start with Mom?.. mom? mom?

Probably ends with
Dad...?

Rubenov

I've usually watched this show through iTunes since I don't have cable, but I don't want to wait from hours - 1 day after the show airs to watch it.

Is there any other alternative?

Can't wait for the 20 minute episode and 40 minutes of commercials.
this reminds me...did we get the conclusion to those anticlimactic fear the walking dead airplane webisodes? if not, I hope they wrap that shit up tonight.

the first one was maybe like 3 minutes, but the rest have always been like a minute or so, making them feel so insignificant.

Rewatching Season 5 episodes, it's made me realize Aaron has become one of my all-time favorite characters on this show. Here's hoping he sticks around for all the seasons to come and that he continues getting more screentime/development.
he seems like such a good guy. So damn likeable. Hope he's around for the longhaul.

this reminds me...did we get the conclusion to those anticlimactic fear the walking dead airplane webisodes? if not, I hope they wrap that shit up tonight.

the first one was maybe like 3 minutes, but the rest have always been like a minute or so, making them feel so insignificant.
Episode 9 is available on their app/youtube and they'll show it during tonight's episode, but no they still have 7 episodes left so it'll be dragged on throughout the rest of the midseason.

RangerX

Banned
Hopefully carol dies in the second half of this season. I'm in the tiny minority of people that can't stand the character. Morgan4life.

It's connected to one of the previous spoilers warned a few pages back but there's now screen caps going viral from one of the big spoilery events in this episode. I'd stay away from TWD related social media. I posted it in the spoiler thread if anyone is curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom