• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Fliesen

God, what's going on in this show anymore? i can't even tell if i like it or if i find it super dumb.

That whole ensemble of junkyard people felt like high school drama club...

Well, at least it's not boring. Let's see where they keep taking this show.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Ugh, this junkyard group. "Show him up up up up." "Words now."
Who the fuck wrote this???

It must be something about how their society works. For a minute I thought the lack of communication was because they had lockjaw from tetanus (they live in a freaking junkyard) but that's not exactly something you could live with long term.

COMIC SPOILERS
I got the same vibe off them. Especially when their leader was talking about change and how they might have to change one day...

The fact they're ok living in garbage it wouldn't be too far to put on a skin suit. They had some really tall guys like that one right hand man. Yeah, I'm thinking this is early Whisperers.

The fact they're ok living in garbage it wouldn't be too far to put on a skin suit. They had some really tall guys like that one right hand man. Yeah, I'm thinking this is early Whisperers.
I called it earlier in the thread and was told its far to early for The Whisperers to make a appeareance. We don't know who the faction is for sure yet but I think these garbage pale people will end up being Whisperers.

Osakadon

After I realized that they all talked like cave people, I thought, what year is this? Are we 300 years into the future and they are the last remaining tribe of humans that still have a basic understanding of the workings of the English language? What a stupid idea, who the hell thinks up this shit, and then manages to get it approved?

Does anyone have a source to a Walking Dead map?

Like a map of where Alexandria is and all the other surrounding locations? Like seriously how busy is that area.

You got the trash bag collective, neegan and his many outposts, the kingdom, that group of ladies, and whatever else I forgot to mention.

Pretty crazy if you ask me. Hopefully the influx of red shirts will bring in some more self aware characters.

After I realized that they all talked like cave people, I thought, what year is this? Are we 300 years into the future and they are the last remaining tribe of humans that still have a basic understanding of the workings of the English language? What a stupid idea, who the hell thinks up this shit, and then manages to get it approved?

They spent all their budget for this episode on background music.

jett

D-Member
Putting Rick in danger. In 2017. His plot armor stats are too high for me to even pretend to imagine anything's gonna happen to the dude.

I'm not sure how I feel about the mole people. Wish they spoke like regular people instead of this weirdo-speak for weird's sake.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Putting Rick in danger. In 2017. His plot armor stats are too high for me to even pretend to imagine anything's gonna happen to the dude.

I dunno. I mean dude impaled his hand and cut his leg on that armored zombie. I think he would've been a goner if Michonne didn't go "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, STUPID! KNOCK THE JUNK DOWN!"

jett

D-Member
I dunno. I mean dude impaled his hand and cut his leg on that armored zombie. I think he would've been a goner if Michonne didn't go "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, STUPID! KNOCK THE JUNK DOWN!"

They could drop a nuke right on Rick's head and he'd survive it.

The writing was terrible. The fact that rick though a keyboard would do something against those spikes is laughable.

I mean, I know keyboards have proven to be guillotines before in this show but come on son.

Tonky

How the heck does Rick's hand not get infected from being stabbed in a dump heap? Surely bacteria still exist in the apocalypse?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

I doubt it, but I actually wouldn't mind if they went in this direction with them.

ElyrionX

How the heck does Rick's hand not get infected from being stabbed in a dump heap? Surely bacteria still exist in the apocalypse?

He took the passive that prevents him from getting poisoned/sick when he hit level 30. He's already level 95 now. Did you not notice?

I've been okay with the how it's playing out I know they're building up to this war but the carol thing is the only thing getting to me I hope this builds to like a bad ass montage of her prepping for war Rambo style if not I'm going to be bummed out

I've been okay with the howmits playing out I know they're building up to this was but the carol thing is the only thing getting to me I hope this builds to like a bad ass montage of her prepping for war Rambo style if not I'm going to be bummed out

Carol has reached a level in which only blood magic can summon her to the fight.

More sacrifices and deaths (Sasha is dead she got that star trek going).

Either that or she's going to be on.her own and captured and brutalised until activation.

I would prefer her to go on a murder spree after she's been captured and brutally assaulted and she murders a whole bunch trying to escape whilst the Saviours are distracted by the all out combined assault.

Maybe burnt face sets her free in tandem with the attack.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I don't really buy a mad max group two years after the fall of civilization... with weird talking and all that. Even though it's oddly entertaining.

j-wood

So I'm also in the camp that I think Carol is going to die, and it's going to be a catalyst to get everyone to fight.

Daryl and Morgan are going to take it the hardest because it'll be their fault for not telling Carol what happened to Glen and crew. Some Saviors are going to come by and she's going to think they aren't Saviors, because Daryl told her they got them all.

They'll take or kill her and off we go.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I think Carol will get killed tbh

That'd be sad, especially when they redeemed her from her comic counter-part. She's had an interesting arc but this slow burn of "I don't want to see another person I care for get killed" is getting old. Same Morgan. I can understand why they feel the way they do, but it's time for the writers to snap some sense into them, especially as Morgan knows Negan killed folks and Carol needs to know Negan isn't to be "fucked with" and needs to prepare to defend herself and others.

bidguy

Banned
so what happens once jadis meets one of the saviors and cuts a better deal ? because they got a hell of a lot more to offer than ricks people.

Ithil

Do you buy a guy who talks and acts like a medieval king with a pet lion to boot?

1214879.gif

Evolved1

Do you buy a guy who talks and acts like a medieval king with a pet lion to boot?
No, not really... which makes it even worse. However, Kingdom guy is taking the piss. It's not serious... they're intentionally (and the audience is in on the joke) being theatrical, as a coping mechanism or whatever. So yeah, it's silly but they aren't playing it straight like the garbage people.

The garbage people make sense in 50 years. Not two years later.

It's entertaining somewhat, but god it's getting soooooo stupid. This show fucked the shark this week, imo.

OrionX

If Carol has to go down it better be in a blaze of glory and not crying by a fireplace clutching a romance novel.

Chris1

Mr.Shrugglesツ;230661322 said:
The writing was terrible. The fact that rick though a keyboard would do something against those spikes is laughable.

I mean, I know keyboards have proven to be guillotines before in this show but come on son.
To be fair in his situation you're probably not thinking clearly and grab the first thing you see whether it makes sense or not

If Carol has to go down it better be in a blaze of glory and not crying by a fireplace clutching a romance novel.
I agree would be a horrible disservice to her character but let's be real it's the walking dead writers here. I hope she goes out like
rhoades in day of the dead
. Choke on it !!!!

Evolved1

To be fair in his situation you're probably not thinking clearly and grab the first thing you see whether it makes sense or not
Rick should've fucked up the regenerator look-alike without taking damage. Last week his plot armor pushed him through a crowd of zombies without a scratch. And all the things he's done, he gets injured by the slow-ass spike zombie? Self-inflicted no less?

Nope.

Real Rick would have torn out one of those spears and shoved it so far up that zombie's ass it'd impale its brain. And then he'd turn and epic Rick-stare queen of the trash heap until she fell to her knees and begged him to ruin their community.

Skab

I just realized something.

Comic spoilers and potential tv show spoilers here.

Theyre probably going to give Hollys fate in the comics to Sasha.

That's exactly how she should die just to change shit up, in a world where everything wants to kill you, a seemingly healthy 50 something dies of natural causes, lol.

I don't see this whole new found view of hers a way of them slowly killing her off, she's too awesome of a character to be fucked over like that, I think it's just a way for them to reintroduce her so she goes on rampages like we've never seen before.

Vagabundo

I do wish they would at least try explain the weirdness sometimes. King Ezekiel had a decent explanation.

I suppose zombie apocalypse would give people all sort of mental disorders, though.

RangerX

Banned
Ugh, this junkyard group. "Show him up up up up." "Words now."
Who the fuck wrote this???

Yeah that group are ridiculously bad. Why have these people developed these weird characteristics? It just seems so contrived. Its undergrad writing standard. Daryl and Carol reunion was cool though.

LycanXIII

Does anyone have a source to a Walking Dead map?

Like a map of where Alexandria is and all the other surrounding locations? Like seriously how busy is that area.

You got the trash bag collective, neegan and his many outposts, the kingdom, that group of ladies, and whatever else I forgot to mention.

Pretty crazy if you ask me. Hopefully the influx of red shirts will bring in some more self aware characters.
Alexandria is the burbs of DC.

Elandyll

Banned
Loved how Jadis and Rick were smiling the crap out at each other - absolutely confident they'd use the other and then discard / turn on them when need be.

Jadis - I'll take 100% of the loot, bitch, and then I'll kill whomever I don't like in your crew and make the others our slaves.

Rick - When you guys are done taking bullets in the head for us, I'll make sure you personally take a Lucille to the face, because you are one crazy m-effer. And I know crazy.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
God, what's going on in this show anymore? i can't even tell if i like it or if i find it super dumb.

That whole ensemble of junkyard people felt like high school drama club...

Well, at least it's not boring. Let's see where they keep taking this show.

The whole King Ezekiel and Kingdom thing feels very low-budget and cheesy to me, and the junkyard people felt the same way.

My little sister used to watch this terrible show called The Tribe many years ago and I'm getting flashbacks of that. Blargh.

SDCowboy

The second half of this season is seriously starting to lose me. The tone suddenly feels super goofy and stupid, IMO. It feels like a completely different show now, to me.

Top Bottom