• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger Things | Season 4 | Part 2 OUT NOW

YCoCg

Now streaming everywhere. Finale consists of two episodes totalling 3 hours and 55 minutes.

Recap of Season 4 Part 1 is here for those who want a brief recap:

Jsisto

Really enjoying it, but the inconsistent length of all this seasons episodes is an odd choice. Really could not have just made part two into 4 hour long episodes?

sol_bad

I can't believe how fast paced and well paced that last episode was. It was none stop and intense for at least 2 hours. Great editing all around if you ask me.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Well, I'm in the minority. I found these last two episodes really disappointing.

Episodes 1, 2 and 3 were bad with very exaggerated moments (the rink for example) while episodes 4, 5 & 6 were on the contrary engaging, interesting and very well made. So I was pretty stoked to see this final.

• Max saved with the power of friendship. It could have been an emotional and impactful ending, but no.
  • Will is useless and uninteresting, the writers clearly didn't know what to do with him this season.
  • Jonathan is invisible and feels downgraded compared to previous seasons.
  • Robin is uninteresting and rushed thanks to the few scenes she's in. She's just a person the other characters talk to... about love. It becomes laughable at the end.
  • Nancy, Dustin, Lucas & Mike are meh. Splitting everyone at the start of the season was not a good idea and clearly, the team is at his best when they are together.
  • Vecna... big, BIG disappointment. "Eleven you are not ready please listen" Eleven: "Watch me bro". The only great moment was when we saw One discovering the UspideDown.
  • I still liked Elf and Hopper overall.

Last edited:
Darth Vader "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

SO I WAS GOING TO START WATCHING THE FIRST EPISODE OF SEASON 4 ABOUT A WEEK BEFORE the premiere of the second part. I totally forgot I know it looks like I have to subscribe to Netflix so I can watch episode 1 to the last episode without any spoilers getting in my way.

How much is Netflix now with just very basic features? I'm talking about standard definition with no sharing or anything like that. Just me using my Android phone average or low definition?

Because I really want to watch this.

Last edited:

Jsisto

Just finished. Loved the season overall, but there were many times all the different groups kind of got overwhelming and I lost track of who was where, doing what, and why. Who was in Hawkins, who was in California, who was with who, why were they doing the thing? Only thing I didn’t lose track of was the Russia stuff. Was this just me and my aging brain?

Last edited:

Tieno

Ep 8 was good, but sometimes a bit "getting people into the starter block for the finale".
Loved the finale. They gave so many of the characters a hero moment and they pay off so very well because of all the time they could spend on them this season. It's like a marvel movie in that regard, but with misfits. Lots of heart. Very satisfying finale, those two hours flew by.

The way they expanded on the Vecna story in the upside down is amazing, it's terrifying.

yjFxqsS.jpg

Last edited:

Tieno

Just finished. Loved the season overall, but there were many times all the different groups kind of got overwhelming and I lost track of who was where, doing what, and why. Who was in Hawkins, who was in California, who was with who, why were they doing the thing? Only thing I didn’t lose track of was the Russia stuff. Was this just me and my aging brain?
I had the opposite. I had no problems following those threads, I found it very well edited and paced, because this sort of stuff is usually hard to track for me.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
just finished watching it about an hour ago. that last episode was damn long but the pacing was brilliant. it didn't drag at all and i was hooked.

overall i enjoyed the season but the whole russia thing was boring. hopper should've escaped after a few episodes and joined up with everyone else. that's probably the only complaint i have. i kept zoning out during those parts in part 1.

Darth Vader "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

SO I WAS GOING TO START WATCHING THE FIRST EPISODE OF SEASON 4 ABOUT A WEEK BEFORE the premiere of the second part. I totally forgot I know it looks like I have to subscribe to Netflix so I can watch episode 1 to the last episode without any spoilers getting in my way.

How much is Netflix now with just very basic features? I'm talking about standard definition with no sharing or anything like that. Just me using my Android phone average or low definition?

Because I really want to watch this.
cheapest netflix plan is £6.99/$9.99. you'll need to watch it in 480p though :messenger_tears_of_joy: it's £10.99/$15.49 if you want 1080p.

Last edited:

Erebus

Finished the finale last night. To be honest, there were many scenes that I felt were dragging and found them uninteresting. The whole Russia arc, for example, overstayed its welcome in my opinion.
Clearly, some characters were downgraded to just support this season.

I believe if they have kept the episodes shorter and skimmed the fat, the watching experience would have been benefitted a lot. Not arguing that it is still a great season.

I found the final showdown between Eleven and Vecna to be very lukewarm. I mean the flashback scene with him in the lab was way more interesting. Even the laboratory escape scene with the helicopter was more epic than the final battle.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Good end to the season. A time jump needs to occur in the story, in order to normalize the age of the actors with their in-show characters. They're too fucking old now, and it was probably the biggest distraction. Will in particular was way too gawky. New add Eddie was great. I wish they'd find more stuff for Lucas' sister to do. Her sassiness is one of the highlights of the show for me. But I guess it's also good in small doses. Leap forward 5 years for Season 5. I think the cast would fit better.

Also, kudos to Hopper for no-selling that broken ankle. My dude was only sweating that shit for like a few hours. I don't even think Red Guardian was that tough.

Eh I know this is the part 2 thread, but finally saw the Max scene with Kate Bush. It was just okay. Cool visuals of her looking out at herself floating. It was probably ruined by the song being played non-stop everywhere.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
What's with all the Kate Bush hype? I've heard Running Up That Hill before, it didn't make an impression on me then, and I just listened to it again and I'm still not getting it. It's like the 80s pop version of elevator music.

YCoCg

What's with all the Kate Bush hype? I've heard Running Up That Hill before, it didn't make an impression on me then, and I just listened to it again and I'm still not getting it. It's like the 80s pop version of elevator music.
Some songs you like, some you don't, that simple.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Will I enjoy this season if I liked the first one but fell asleep after 2 episodes of the second season and skipped it and the third one?

bitbydeath

Will I enjoy this season if I liked the first one but fell asleep after 2 episodes of the second season and skipped it and the third one?
If you’re a Nightmare on Elm Street fan then you should really like it, they do have some boring side stories going on but overall the story is more horror and less cheese like the first season.

Last edited:

LordCBH

I started season 4 yesterday. Intended to only watch one episode before doing other things and ended up watching 4. That bitch Angela got what she deserved in episode 2. Change my mind.

bitbydeath

I started season 4 yesterday. Intended to only watch one episode before doing other things and ended up watching 4. That bitch Angela got what she deserved in episode 2. Change my mind.
It’s a shame they drop that plot faster than Will’s dignity.

TLZ

Banned
Just finished watching all 4 seasons yesterday. Honestly, the first season got me hooked and giddy like no other. That 80s vibe got me good. But then every season after got worse. The acting felt less 80s and more modern. There was a lot of overacting later on in the seasons. A lot of cheesy stuff. Lucas' young sister is so annoying for no reason, especially for her age.

There's also a lot of unnecessary "shit shit shit shit shit shit shit". Then there's the silly cheesy elevation and hanging in the air of superhero/supervillain. Totally unnecessary. Max's character is annoying.

The show also felt like it's dragged too long. Should've been done in season 2.

Season 1 is the best. The rest weren't as interesting.

It was fun, a bit long at times. Russia felt overdrawn, but a convenient way to keep the adults out of the picture so the kids could run wild. Eddie and Murray were top notch!

Top Bottom