• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boba Fett Star Gives A Disappointing Update On Season 2

Spyxos

Gold Member

a-helmeted-boba-fett-in-the-book-of-boba-fett-season-1-episode-3.jpg

• Star Temeura Morrison is unsure about the possibility of a season 2 for The Book of Boba Fett.
  • He says that fans want a season 2, but it's unclear what will happen.
  • Morrison believes the ultimate deciding factor for the fate of the show will be budget concerns.

"I don't know what's going on there. We're coming out of this downtime period so I think everyone is just settling back in and it all goes back to budgets and what they want to do and how much the thing costs. I really don't know. Judging by the fans I've met, they all want a season two, but I don't know what's going to happen."

Haemi

I don‘t understand why people are saying, that they don‘t want a new season of something, because the previous was bad. There is always the possibility that something good is made. If not, then i will just not watch it.

NickFire

I don‘t understand why people are saying, that they don‘t want a new season of something, because the previous was bad. There is always the possibility that something good is made. If not, then i will just not watch it.
The same nostalgia that kept him relevant for decades is why. Or in sports terms, it's better to walk away with dignity than play a season too long and tarnish a career.

Haemi

The same nostalgia that kept him relevant for decades is why. Or in sports terms, it's better to walk away with dignity than play a season too long and tarnish a career.
It‘s not the same. It’s the athletes fault, when he plays too long. But it’s not Boba Fetts fault when a shitty season gets made. It’s the fault of bad writers, producers and directors. A bad show is just not canon for me.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I will not leave these people.
Two seconds later
I need to get out of here

The show was eeeeehhhh

Also the moped gang just looked silly.

mitch1971

Do it, don't do it. I don't give a fuck about star wars any more.

I'll stick with the original trilogy which sadly I can't get anymore. (Maybe rogue one as well)

JayK47

I liked it better than Obi-Wan, but not that much better. If they would do more with the character and setting, it could work. But it is Disney. Honestly, what did you expect? You all had to know it was going to be bland. Also, any fans of Boba are going to hold him on such a high pedestal, I do not think anyone could satisfy them. So this series had no chance.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I didnt watch the series. But checking the cast and what clips I've seen on the net, is there a reason why Boba Fett is a 60 year old guy? Is it set in the future or is the character supposed to be this old the whole time under his mask in the SW movies?

MrMephistoX

Boba Fett simply isn't a good character. He's just a jobber who people like because he had a mystery behind him.
And the show not only ruined the mystery it turned him into something completely uninteresting. I actually liked Obi Wan but Book of Boba royally sucked aside from the mando episodes…it’s honestly just best to skip to episode 7 and forget the rest of the series exists.

Laptop1991

TBH i had forgotten about the show, Boba Fett was mediocre at best for me, but i did like Andor, now a season 2 of that i would watch if the writing stays the same

Inspector Q

Why are the writers for these shows (besides Andor) so damn terrible? How hard can it be to make a show that doesn't take a dump on all of the legacy characters?

Why is one of the greatest bounty hunters in the galaxy taking infiltration advice from Fennec Shand? He acts like he has no idea what technology she is using.

Why is this simpleton searching in the Sarlacc Pit for his armor? Even if he doesn't remember the Jawas knocking him out, does he think he crawled out of the pit completely naked? Why not send one of Fennec's amazing little infiltration drones in to scope the pit out instead of going in face-first with your whole goddamn ship?

Why does Fennec have to explain the town defense to Boba near the end of the series? How is he not aware of the plan? He was literally standing next to Fennec in the prior scene. What ELSE is he doing besides helping to devise their strategy?

Why use Grogu AGAIN to pacify the Rancor? We have already seen this shit. Why not use Boba's growing relationship with the beast to pacify it?

Why do these writers hate Star Wars?

BlackTron

Honestly this show was the death of Star Wars for me. They destroyed my favorite childhood character.

Sadly I don’t think Star Wars will ever have the same spot in my heart again. 😞

1-2 back to back punch of Boba Fett and Obi Wan completely killed it. Sequel trilogy already did, but Mando was too cool to stay away. Now SW is like that hot ex who keeps trying to flirt, but you know they're a bipolar manipulator. Never the same spot, indeed.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Why do these writers hate Star Wars?
They don't hate Star Wars, they're just writing what the higher ups have been hammering into their heads.
KIll the Soul, humiliate the Hero & add a Girl Boss.

Writing in general lately has been the product of people with no life experience outside of social media and their work suffers in consequence.

How can you write about love, regret and redemption when your only true adversity was getting the wrong coffee at Starbucks.

dorkimoe

I am not exagerating at all when I say that show ruined the entire character for me. I collect some collectibles every now and then and when I see Boba Fett armor or logo i think back to how bad that show was.

I dont like the look of the actor, i dont like how he was just a political pussy

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
It's not getting a S2 cause it has a male lead and Disney didn't want to risk sticking a women in it and making her a lesbian...

Let's be honest it was an absolute Trainwreck, Boba Fett had like 3 lines throughout the entire trilogy so it's not like he was an established character but Disney really dropped the ball by going all PG Lite, this should've been a gritty crime drama not some show that had a bunch of generic kids on fucking chrome mopeds trying to act all Gang'y, it was all over the place tonally and boring as hell

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
It's written for young to middle aged white women now.
Says you, I dont know of any young to middle age white women who like this shit :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Unless you mean 'American' young to middle age Liberal no kids wine women who screech BLM and trans kids should be trans

Then yeah, I guess 🤷‍♂️

BlackTron

Because this is Star Wars now

CKrvg4c.jpg

It's written for young to middle aged white women now.

Back in the day, my sister (a young to middle age white woman) turned her nose up and argued for control of the TV set when I had Star Wars on. Now she is nonplussed by my opinion of ObiWan and Boba Fett and I didn't watch any Ahsoka until she started streaming it at my place.

tenor.gif

NickFire

It‘s not the same. It’s the athletes fault, when he plays too long. But it’s not Boba Fetts fault when a shitty season gets made. It’s the fault of bad writers, producers and directors. A bad show is just not canon for me.
I get what you are saying about it being different. But I can't pretend its not canon, and personally have no interest in another season from the same writers, etc.

If they do make another season I'd probably give it a chance though. I'm apathetic towards BF now, but there was one really good episode (it didn't really involve him much of course).

And realistically, I don't think fans really have anything to do with whether this show gets another season. This character could easily be redeemed. But to do that would require an implied admission that the people who made the first season screwed it all up. I honestly think they'd rather pretend the audience is fatigued (or a bunch of bigots) before admitting a mistake and course correcting.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Says you, I dont know of any young to middle age white women who like this shit :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Unless you mean 'American' young to middle age Liberal no kids wine women who screech BLM and trans kids should be trans

Then yeah, I guess 🤷‍♂️
I'm not saying it was SUCCESSFULLY written, but it DEFINITELY was NOT written for men or boys, so the only conclusion I can come up with is the target demographic was women.

If LucasArts thought this show was gonna be a hit with boys, they were veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery wrong. Jennifer Beals was about the only high point of the entire season.

Top Bottom