• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Reading a page back and wondering why people are confused about Morgan killing Richard but not the saviors (yet). He's actually following Richard's plan, the plan laid out in the monologue in Richard's room exactly one scene before. Go back and listen to it, Morgan sure did.

LowParry

Reading a page back and wondering why people are confused about Morgan killing Richard but not the saviors (yet). He's actually following Richard's plan, the plan laid out in the monologue in Richard's room exactly one scene before. Go back and listen to it, Morgan sure did.

Yeah, agreed. All part of the plan.

I mean, he even repeats Richard's words. It's pretty blatant

Bandit1

This was probably my favorite episode of the second half of this season. CLEAR Morgan is back! Totally adopted the plan Richard told him about, but used Richard to show the saviors that the kingdom will obey.

#icecold

Amikami

Banned
I find it weird that when Morgan is told four people from Alexandria were killed by the Saviors he still tries to argue that they shouldn't go to war with them, but when one kid dies he's like "Well time to kill everybody". I know Morgan had a close relationship with the kid, but he barely knew him that long.

He didn't know Glenn and Abe that well either, let along the couple of Alexandrians. Honestly, he probably knew Ben better at this point than any of them. We don't have to live in the zombie apocalypse to be desensitized to death. Here we are hearing about it every day but perfectly fine for the most part. If anyone has seen someone die right in front of them, completely different reaction and you don't even have to know the person. I think Morgan's reaction makes perfect sense given his history, especially when you throw the parallel of his son in there.

Yeah, agreed. All part of the plan.

I mean, he even repeats Richard's words. It's pretty blatant

Sillies!!! If this thread has taught me nothing else, the majority of people don't really pay attention all that well if their's no killing going on. And then people wonder why the show wants to hold our hand and make Benjamin's death so foreshadowed.

It's nice to see that someone actually understood what going on instead of rushing to this thread to complain.

Well I'm glad we had to have a whole episode to motivate the kingdom to fight. Probably could of taken 20 minutes to do that, but hey, slow tears.

What a solid focused episode that was! Those meeting with Saviors scenes were tension filled. The actor portraying Morgan impresses me again with an emotional performance (one of my other fave episodes is the standalone with him learning at that one man's house).

Realeza

Banned
Episode was pretty good. There was finally something significant to change Morgan's dumbass attitude towards this whole situation. Happy to see Carol join too.

Sasha and Rosita are going down at the end of the season, huh?

I find it weird that when Morgan is told four people from Alexandria were killed by the Saviors he still tries to argue that they shouldn't go to war with them, but when one kid dies he's like "Well time to kill everybody". I know Morgan had a close relationship with the kid, but he barely knew him that long.

How many people just decide to pivot hard out of their career path and fight breast cancer?

How many people just decide to pivot hard out of their career path and fight breast cancer after their mom, wife, daughter, etc dies of breast cancer?

Realeza

Banned
Since there's no way Negan is dying this season, or next, how do the saviors get at least severely compromised to make it satisfying?

dustyherb

So is this season going to end with the end of the Saviors? If so then the show will be just one arc behind the comics
Doesn't really seem like things will be finished in 3 episodes and I hope it doesn't. Also the show has been pulling material from volumes
17,18,19 this season. The comic is on 28.
So it won't be catching up anytime soon.

SamuraiX-

Content Roundup – Episode 713: “Bury Me Here”

SSEshXz.jpg

AMC Inside The Walking Dead:
  • The Making of Episode 713, “Bury Me Here” - AMC
  • Inside Episode 713: “Bury Me Here” - AMC
  • Preview of Episode 714, “The Other Side” - AMC | International
  • Sneak Peek of Episode 714, “The Other Side” - AMC | International
Producer & Cast Interviews:
Critic Reviews:
Talking Dead's Inside The Dead
  • Benjamin's little brother Henry is played by young actor Macsen Lintz. He is the real brother of Madison Lintz, who played Carol's daughter, Sophia.
  • The Kingdom's walls are a mixture of crushed aluminum cans and radiators. The stunt walkers in the scene with Carol wore protective pads so they wouldn't shred themselves on the sharp surface.
  • This was not Logan Miller's (Benjamin) first brush with the undead. He was also in the 2015 film "Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse."
PLEASE SPOILER TAG ALL PREVIEW/PROMO AND GRAPHIC NOVEL DISCUSSION. REVIEW THE OP FOR COMPLETE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS.

riotous

Banned
Bad-ass Carol dorkiness aside; really liked that episode.

I knew Richard was eventually done for after the episode with him and Daryl; glad it was Morgan to do it. Although it's yet another "character becomes a pacifist and then goes back on it" plot... fairly hilarious how often they rely on that plot mechanic.

Surfinn

One of the best episodes in the season, best of the half by far.

Glad to see they're finally pushing development for both characters. Been stuck in their ways for far too long.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
All the Kingdom soldier people must not have liked that guy at all to have just stood there and watched Morgan choke him to death lmao

I knooow, that part really bugged me haha

Sillies!!! If this thread has taught me nothing else, the majority of people don't really pay attention all that well if their's no killing going on. And then people wonder why the show wants to hold our hand and make Benjamin's death so foreshadowed.

Yep, and it's been like that since practically day one.

Into the badlands is back next week? Nothing like some live action animé.

Can't wait!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=231907214

get tha fuck in hea boyz

ZOONAMI

So no one tries to stop Morgan from killing Richard?

And honestly it was a poor move by Morgan to do that in front of the saviors.

It essentially made them aware there was a plot for revolt against them, even if by only one man. Would have been better to deal with Richard later.

And no, Morgan is not following Richard's plan. It's pretty clear he is exiling himself somewhat and will pick off saviors where he can, but will still maintain contact with Carol and perhaps some others. He isn't leading the kingdom into battle.

So no one tries to stop Morgan from killing Richard?

And honestly it was a poor move by Morgan to do that in front of the saviors.

It essentially made them aware there was a plot for revolt against them, even if by only one man. Would have been better to deal with Richard later.

And no, Morgan is not following Richard's plan. It's pretty clear he is exiling himself somewhat and will pick off saviors where he can, but will still maintain contact with Carol and perhaps some others. He isn't leading the kingdom into battle.

Doing it in front of the Saviors was smart for that very reason though. Morgan killed the revolt in their eyes, "proving" to them that the Kingdom can be trusted.

Nameless

Richard wanted to pacify the Saviors so they wouldn't see an attack coming. That's exactly what Morgan did.

Now he just needs to bring back the Destiny armor and we're good to go.

arIV2R8l.jpg

They better not be planning to kill Carol and Morgan. Rick's going to need more soldiers on his side, and they're the two most interesting characters on the show.

Major comic spoilers:
anyone get the feeling they might give Holly's death to Morgan
?

Cronen

Major comic spoilers:
?

I'm still two episodes behind, but I would have thought that Sasha would be a good fit for Holly's death. She will want to go to the Saviours to avenge Abraham. Also, the actress who plays her has been cast as the lead in the new Star Trek show.

So next week is Rosita and Sasha fucking things up to Benny Hill music while everyone is on here pulling their hair out going "WTF R U DOING!", someone or more dies, then we get the slow build up episode to the season finale ending with some bad ass scene with all the groups meeting up then we get the Carol Wick and Morgan Into the Badlands tie in finale with the surprise Eugene was Gaseous Snake all along ending. Sounds about right? Hold onto your butts.

I'm not gonna be able to watch next week without hearing this now.

So is this season going to end with the end of the Saviors? If so then the show will be just one arc behind the comics

Doesn't look likely at all. COMIC SPOILERS:

Looks like the finale of this season will be the start of the 'All Out War' arc. I'd expect that to drag out through all of season 8, with the time jump coming between seasons 8 and 9. Still a long way from catching up with the comic.

Surfinn

Doesn't look likely at all. COMIC SPOILERS:

Looks like the finale of this season will be the start of the 'All Out War' arc. I'd expect that to drag out through all of season 8, with the time jump coming between seasons 8 and 9. Still a long way from catching up with the comic.

Comic Spoilers:

Ugh.. I really hope this shit doesn't become stale with Negan/Saviors.
Knowing we have at least 19 more episodes with them doesn't sit right with me

dustyherb

They better not be planning to kill Carol and Morgan. Rick's going to need more soldiers on his side, and they're the two most interesting characters on the show.

Major comic spoilers:
?
Major Comic Spoilers:
I figured that they would give Morgan comic Nicholas' death. He would die at the very end of the war, save Rick, and probably play a big part in convincing Rick to try another way with Negan. Since right after Nicholas died is when Rick had his talk with Negan.

Lorcain

I really don't see how anyone could misunderstand what Morgan did, unless they were multitasking during the show and didn't pay attention to the scene (in the same episode) when he confronts Richard. They even show Morgan pondering/struggling with what Richard said to him in kind of a time lapsed segment.

Morgan delivered to the letter exactly what Richard wanted. It was clear to see how painful it was for Morgan to lose his protege, who he saw like a son (he even says his own son's name).

Carol was all business when she returned to the Kingdom. She wasn't crazy passionate, just a simple, "We have to get ready to fight".

ElyrionX

Ok, everybody knew the kid was going to die at some point which would bring the Kingdom into the war. Granted, I did not think Richard was going to sacrifice himself to spur the Kingdom into the action. But did they have to be so goddamn obvious right from the start of the episode that the kid was going to die *THIS* episode. I mean, what kind of idiotic writing is that.

Lorcain

Ok, everybody knew the kid was going to die at some point which would bring the Kingdom into the war. Granted, I did not think Richard was going to sacrifice himself to spur the Kingdom into the action. But did they have to be so goddamn obvious right from the start of the episode that the kid was going to die *THIS* episode. I mean, what kind of idiotic writing is that.
As soon as they start to spend more time on a minor character you know they're not long for the world. It's pretty rare that we're surprised anymore. It's kind of a running audience joke when you start to see someone getting a lot more screen time and development than they typically do.

Surfinn

As soon as they start to spend more time on a minor character you know they're not long for the world. It's pretty rare that we're surprised anymore. It's kind of a running audience joke when you start to see someone getting a lot more screen time and development than they typically do.

Yeah it's been a big issue with the show since.. I'd say.. Alexandria. We "get to know" a random ass character with a bunch of forced development, they share their story, then die, usually brutally. I will say though, this time was one of the best in terms of "random person we don't care about dying", as it's usually someone we've never even seen before or maybe seen in a brief moment in a previous episode. I thought the dude (I think his name is Richard?) who died at the hands of Morgan was a pretty bad actor though and was cringing through some of his more emotional moments. Still, they get kudos for using him to give development to Morgan, so at least his death/slight development wasn't for nothing, as it usually is.

They're doing things in reverse, though. First, you build the DEVELOPMENT, over time, so when they die, we care.. even if it's a just little bit. I've lost count of how many people who've died in the last two seasons who I don't give two shits about or was actually rooting for their demise. But this episode was at least a decent improvement in the typical formula.

Overall solid episode, my only gripe with Carol and Morgan was there was so much death i don't get why THIS death put them over the limit. Granted Carol was in the dark but she even said herself she left because she'll constantly have to kill to protect. Either way Morgan saying "I'm going to go kill them one by one" was a solid fuck yea moment.

Surfinn

Overall solid episode, my only gripe with Carol and Morgan was there was so much death i don't get why THIS death put them over the limit. Granted Carol was in the dark but she even said herself she left because she'll constantly have to kill to protect. Either way Morgan saying "I'm going to go kill them one by one" was a solid fuck yea moment.

For Morgan it was more understandable, though I wish we could have seen him get close with some of the other characters before he went over the edge. I loved the connection to Dwane though, and I did think it was decently well done.

Carol doesn't really make any sense though.. I see no reason for her to suddenly go "WELP I'm back in the fight!" when nothing fundamentally changed about her philosophy. In fact.. being around Negan and going to war is exactly what she DIDN'T want in the first place when she left, so it makes absolutely no sense that she'd have an "epiphany" and experience a change of heart.

But they've proven they can do whatever they want with Carol whenever they want.

Still, I'm glad they're both back, and I'd like to forget the way their characters were handled in the past few seasons.

For Morgan it was more understandable, though I wish we could have seen him get close with some of the other characters before he went over the edge. I loved the connection to Dwane though, and I did think it was decently well done.

Carol doesn't really make any sense though.. I see no reason for her to suddenly go "WELP I'm back in the fight!" when nothing fundamentally changed about her philosophy. In fact.. being around Negan and going to war is exactly what she DIDN'T want in the first place when she left, so it makes absolutely no sense that she'd have an "epiphany" and experience a change of heart.

But they've proven they can do whatever they want with Carol whenever they want.

Still, I'm glad they're both back, and I'd like to forget the way their characters were handled in the past few seasons.

I don't know man, I think Carole realized that she could have some semblance of "peace" but that it meant sacrificing being around the people she loves. At the same time realizing the only way to achieve both would be to fight. I don't think they necessarily developed it well, but I can see how one would be compelled to fight after hearing that

Top Bottom