• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4 Anticipation Thread of Stuff and Thaaangs

Status
Not open for further replies.
few more

tumblr_mhb2575D6K1r1tya9o2_250.gif

walkingdead-tdog-rip-t8ry9.gif

lol this one would be great for all the new people at the prison.

oJMywHP.gif

I can't the find the one where, I forgot his name but carol
was talking to the pedophile prisoner in the courtyard and got shot in the head.

pLfjWcg.gif

Grisby

Watching the Mist again the other night and I either realized/forgot that Carol is in that flick. Kinda funny seeing 3 peeps from WD in there.

Also hoping Morgan returns for a few more episodes this season. Guy can act circles around most of the cast.

Divius

Forgot this was coming back this month! Still not sure if I should continue watching, I want to like it so badly but the creators make it so hard for me.

Watching the Mist again the other night and I either realized/forgot that Carol is in that flick. Kinda funny seeing 3 peeps from WD in there.

Also hoping Morgan returns for a few more episodes this season. Guy can act circles around most of the cast.

That's because Darabont directed it. :)

I'm hoping Morgan has more of a presence as well. He should have time since Hung got cancelled but I don't know if he's working on any other projects.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
'Walking Dead' Producer Gale Anne Hurd Takes Us Inside The AMC Spin-Off

That's still being batted around," Hurd said when asked directly about the idea for the show — it won't be an anthology.

"I do think the webisodes serve that purpose," Hurd said, referring to the anthology/flashback format. "Every year, they explicate a bit of backstory that fits in a character or theme you've seen in the series. That's what I think is so fantastic about them. They're expanding the world and the mythology of The Walking Dead."

"checks imdb" it had a 2011 season!!!

That was way back in when they were still all at the farm!

I love him, but it feels like they were shutting the door on that. They didn't make it impossible, but improbable. I feel safe in saying that his role in the comic story will be filled by another.

someday

Banned

The webisodes are odd. I actually enjoyed the plot of the first set because of the tie-in with the show. The second set seemed to indicate that the guy was Lori's brother and was alive and looking for her but there was no payoff after that. The last set to me was the worst one. The writing was hokey as hell. I mean, everyone carries guns; there is always a "way out." If that's the sort of polish we're to expect from the spin-off then it's dead on arrival.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The webisodes are odd. I actually enjoyed the plot of the first set because of the tie-in with the show. The second set seemed to indicate that the guy was Lori's brother and was alive and looking for her but there was no payoff after that. The last set to me was the worst one. The writing was hokey as hell. I mean, everyone carries guns; there is always a "way out." If that's the sort of polish we're to expect from the spin-off then it's dead on arrival.

I think the webisodes are a missed opportunity. Instead of providing backstory for existing characters on the show (no one cares about the half zombie bike girl from the pilot) or for characters that will appear later on at some point, they chose this weird anthology structure instead. As if seeing the random experiences of random people across the country was inherently interesting or something.

The webisodes have failed to introduce any interesting characters or ideas. They've failed to tell us stories that we haven't seen before. They've failed to show us any new aspects of the zombie apocalypse.

I feel like they should try to at least say something new or interesting, but all we've learned so far is that the situation is exactly the same for everyone, everywhere. Everything is shitty and zombies and death and no hope and boring. We get all of that on the main show. Why not try something different and new with the webisodes? Maybe try experimenting a little?

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I'm about halfway through season 2 now, and I've bought the second collection of comics, and am currently rereading the first collection.

Man, they are so different! I can't imagine how they can end up in similar places so far!

Rick seems like much more of a dick in the comic, whereas Shane seems much more naive and good - hearted. I'm sure plenty will happen to change my mind, but damn!

And so many iconic moments from the show aren't present in the comic, yet at least.No Rick getting trapped in the tank, no Rick turning the corner to see half of Atlanta waiting to eat him, no T-Dawg, no Merle!

These differences are blowing my mind. I can't wait to soak the series and the comic in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom