• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Star Wars’ Setback: ‘Game Of Thrones’ Duo David Benioff & D.B. Weiss Exit Trilogy

#Phonepunk#

Banned
so apparently some Vanity Fair journalist was talking about rumors in a podcast and that spread around in a Reddit post as if it was confirmed news. so people went off saying that they were going to be fired even before the Netflix deal, which contradicts the official line, and that this person with this magazine said it, so it was true, even though she had only said it was a rumor, and it was in a private podcast. she took down the podcast and they deleted the reddit post. ffs people flying off the handle once again.

at any rate, i think it's funny, the meme about D&D being toxic, and GOT being bad, as if everyone in the world wouldn't subscribe just to trash their show. as if GOT wasn't a huge global success for about 6 seasons and that name carried TONs of weight. as if these two hadn't helmed 50+ hours of popular and critically lauded modern fantasy.

has there ever been a fantasy tv show as big at GOT? i can't think of a single one, not this big, this is another realm from the likes of Xena. GOT was a huge phenomenon that made a ton of money and created an empire. people were naming their children after characters. these guys can pretty much do what they want for a while. they are going to have to fuck up pretty bad to become unemployable at this point.

if they went with SW, they would have been tied to a strict corporate schedule, strict budget, and likely with far less advantageous IP rights. i'd imagine they are more likely to retain control over whatever they do at Netflix than at the big D, where directors are fired left and right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom