• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Wire’ actor Michael K. Williams found dead in NYC apartment

Shame, I remember his performance in 'The Road' as the homeless person who steals the main character's supplies. They find him and choose to leave the poor dude absolutely naked on the side of the road. One of those scenes where it's difficult to side with either party.

MastAndo

Man, this one hits pretty hard. A terrific actor particularly in his iconic role as Omar, gone well before his time. RIP MKW.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
To this day I still go back and forth on whether or not I liked the outcome of Omar's fate.

On one hand, it was kinda realistic and how someone would normally get taken out in real life. Get lax in their hiding, and get popped. On the other hand, Omar was really fucking savvy and I thought he would've avoided being so careless and just walking into a little corner shop to get taken out. Still haven't decided on if I liked the way they killed off the character or not.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
That sucks, I mean there are a lot of celebrity deaths recently, it's almost weird. And not from age.

ManaByte

Now I'm curious if we'll ever see his Solo role in any way.

His character was described as almost a centaur.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
To this day I still go back and forth on whether or not I liked the outcome of Omar's fate.

On one hand, it was kinda realistic and how someone would normally get taken out in real life. Get lax in their hiding, and get popped. On the other hand, Omar was really fucking savvy and I thought he would've avoided being so careless and just walking into a little corner shop to get taken out. Still haven't decided on if I liked the way they killed off the character or not.
There are old soldiers and there are bold soldiers, but there are very few old, bold soldiers.

Watched a few episodes of the Wire and he stole thoses scenes I have seen him in. That emblematic scar, that magnetic presence...RIP. I read somewhere that he had kept his addiction demons at bay for decades...Man, tragic...

Yoboman

Noo what a great actor he was. One of the rare talents who could transport you into 100% believing the character

RIP

SantaC

Never saw the Wire, but I played Battlefield 4.

Edit. He is in Battlefield 2042 also

Last edited:

Velcro Fly

I only know him from Lovecraft Country but I loved his performance in that.

I just watched that in July so it is still really fresh in my mind.

RIP

Fools idol

Banned
What a shame. Lovecraft Country was a fantastic show and his character development throughout was great. He will be sorely missed I am sure. RIP

Kev Kev

Dealers need to stop mixing drugs with fentanyl...
i lean toward legalization and proper regulation of certain drugs (partly to avoid shit like this), but seriously, fuck fentanyl. i hate it. lost a couple childhood friends to it who just thought they were taking xannys or oxys or whatever, but it was laced with fentanyl, and less than an hour later boom they were fucking dead, just like that. smh. i wish that shit could be wiped from existence

jufonuk

not tag worthy
RIP MKW

yo omar GIF

One of the very few people in the industry today that I can honestly say had "acting talent" and deserved whatever millions he was getting paid

will also take this moment to acknowledge that no matter how much money you have or how successful you become you can still unfortunately fall victim to terrible vices like this and depression.

Cherish the moments, dont do heavy drugs and indulge in the things that bring you joy.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
i lean toward legalization and proper regulation of certain drugs (partly to avoid shit like this), but seriously, fuck fentanyl. i hate it. lost a couple childhood friends to it who just thought they were taking xannys or oxys or whatever, but it was laced with fentanyl, and less than an hour later boom they were fucking dead, just like that. smh. i wish that shit could be wiped from existence
Thats an interesting view I've never considered.

When I hear about druggies overdosing, I assume they know what they are taking but overdid it. As opposed to taking something laced with other stuff.

I wonder how many % of people OD'ing were due to overdosing vs. not knowing it was something much deadlier.

Blade2.0

Thats an interesting view I've never considered.

When I hear about druggies overdosing, I assume they know what they are taking but overdid it. As opposed to taking something laced with other stuff.

I wonder how many % of people OD'ing were due to overdosing vs. not knowing it was something much deadlier.
Looks like it's getting bad, actually. Just saw this https://news.yahoo.com/comedian-fuquan-johnson-among-three-191821166.html when googling fentanyl. Not the only story in the last couple months either. They thought they were doing cocaine (ok, that shit will kill you too, no doubt, but it isn't like fentanyl).

Top Bottom