• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘WandaVision’ Spinoff Starring Kathryn Hahn in the Works at Disney Plus

bitbydeath

Hahn would reprise the role of Agatha Harkness in the series, which is described by sources as a dark comedy, though exact plot details remain under wraps. “WandaVision” head writer Jac Schaeffer would serve as the writer and executive producer on the project. Should the spinoff go forward, it would be the first project Schaeffer has set up with Marvel since she signed an overall deal with them and 20th Television in May.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Satisfying Assembly Line GIF

YCoCg

Look, I get it, you need constant content for Disney+ but come on, how many spin offs are actually needed? At this rate by the time Phase 5 comes around we're going to have to watch like 20 seasons worth of TV shows to understand the movies.

Xenon

Agatha's reveal was the weakest part of the show. She was just crammed in because Disney didn't have the courage to deal with the fact that Wanda was the true villain of the series. No thanks.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Agatha's reveal was the weakest part of the show. She was just crammed in because Disney didn't have the courage to deal with the fact that Wanda was the true villain of the series. No thanks.
That did get swept under the rug pretty quick but I suppose in her defence she didn’t know being mind controlled would bother them so much.

dbbae705c1baf94be681b376b9dc0ec0179c471c.gifv

sol_bad

Nah, this is a new weird thing to whinge about. No one complained about Bucky being a villain being swept under the carpet.

YCoCg

No one complained about Bucky being a villain being swept under the carpet.
...many actually did, they thought he got off too lightly for his years of brutally murdering people but we're OK with it since he spent some time in Wakanda and "reformed", with F&TWS furthering that point by making it show he's haunted by guilt for his actions when he was controlled.

Xenon

Nah, this is a new weird thing to whinge about. No one complained about Bucky being a villain being swept under the carpet.

...many actually did, they thought he got off too lightly for his years of brutally murdering people but we're OK with it since he spent some time in Wakanda and "reformed", with F&TWS furthering that point by making it show he's haunted by guilt for his actions when he was controlled.

I think the big difference here is about mind controller vs mind controllee. Bucky was brainwashed, Wanda was heartbroken, big difference.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I think the big difference here is about mind controller vs mind controllee. Bucky was brainwashed, Wanda was heartbroken, big difference.

Heartbroken Wanda = mind controls a small town to play sitcoms with her dead boyfriend.
Heartbroken Doctor Strange = destroys the entire universe

Interested in this. Hahn did a great job in WandaVision, she was pretty fun to watch in what I consider to be the best Marvel show on Disney+ so far.

As to other points: any reasonable person would know that Agatha is simply an adversary (but also teacher, in a way?) to Wanda. Everyone knows Wanda is the true "villain" of the show, if we insist on using a binary hero/villain designation for characters. I also don't think it's being swept under the rug -- she was fairly emotionally punished for her villainy, having lost everything and everyone dear to her and having to retreat to the mountains of her (mostly/completely?) destroyed home country, with nothing left to do but study dark witch arts.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I mean, the entirety of Civil War was literally about that, and it tore apart the entire Avengers and ruined the friendship between Steve and Tony.

RaptorGTA

How many spin-offs deep will this spin-off be?

That was my first thought. Dont get me wrong she was hilarious and great. But I feel we're scrapping at the bottom of the barrel. Like the people in controls are going"oh wait..she was liked...screw it..lets make a show about her now! Someone write up a script! I could be wrong and the show is awesome either way.

sol_bad

I mean, the entirety of Civil War was literally about that, and it tore apart the entire Avengers and ruined the friendship between Steve and Tony.

Civil War wasn't about Bucky, it was about the Avengers as a group and whether they should be a privately funded company that can do what they want or a government mandated group that does what the government wants them to do. That's the reason the Avengers split up, because they believe and agree with the different sides of that argument. They don't split up because of Bucky. The Bucky element mainly explores the possibility of whether he really attacked the UN meeting or not, all of his other terrorist acts throughout the decades are glossed over and not really discussed.

Y YCoCg I do not remember people arguing over whether Bucky should be an Avenger or if he should be in jail. Never. Ever.

Top Bottom