• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Continue in Watch” ... no thx, fu Facebook, I’ll just not watch the video

Chittagong

Gold Member
What is up with this shit? I see an interesting video and watch a minute of it and then it stops and says “Continue on Watch”.

Why? What fucking benefit does this interruption have to anyone? Why don’t you just push an ad here? Why do I need to “go” to “Watch”? What benefit does it have that I am in the “Watch” tab?

I will NEVER click it. Fuck you Facebook. I will never see that 747 take off. I will never see that guy finish fixing that plaster wall. I will never see that cool shirt pattern completed. I will never see what Chris Hadfield is about to pull out of his pocket in the ISS.

Because I will never click “Continue on Watch”. Just bury it with your other retarded ideas like pushing the Marketplace, or groups.

Just. Say. No.

smrRlIu.jpg

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
Is it ‘continue in watch’ or ‘continue on watch’ I’m so confused

I was so triggered I cocked up the thread title sorry. I was just so upset I will never know what was in his pocket. A knife? Play-Doh? A condom? A superball?

Airola

Is it ‘continue in watch’ or ‘continue on watch’ I’m so confused

I got confused as I initially read 'continue to watch' but then I suddenly learned it was 'continue on watch' (which I don't understand what it even means) and now a wild 'continue in watch' contender appears to confuse me even more.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
It doesn't literally take you to some totally different site or app or something; it just instantly changes the UI kinda like when you click to zoom an image.. you hit cancel and you are right back where you left off.

It just lists other video recommendations under the video.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
For me it's the sudden interruption of it that I hate. Sometimes I get engrossed in a video and then suddenly it stops and this stupid button pops up. It takes me out of the experience. I hate it.

mekes

Marketplace has actually been pretty good to me. Sold my weights a few weeks back within an hour at +£250 on the rrp. 3k laptop sold in an hour. Apple Watch collected in an hour. Upgrading Tv, old one is collected same day the ad goes up.

I hate the platform as a whole but I just can’t knock selling on marketplace.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I got confused as I initially read 'continue to watch' but then I suddenly learned it was 'continue on watch' (which I don't understand what it even means) and now a wild 'continue in watch' contender appears to confuse me even more.

They basically want me to consent to go to this tab

gesNS42.jpg

I’ve never been there. It’s like the dodgy guy hovering outside a strip joint whispering for you to come to their place for the “good stuff” after you have been teased with tits in the actual bar. You might see a continuation of the lap dance you enjoyed, but you also may get a hairy Svetlana, or get robbed.

Last edited:
Facebook is pretty much what you make out of it..
For example, it's quite handy for organizing parties within your social circle and stuff.

Also, there are some groups that are really great, content wise.

SKM1

It seems to me that they imitated the Instagram Live framework. The difference being that in that case it was an upgrade and in this case a downgrade.

In any case I don't use facebook. From time to time I log in but just browsing it sends me into an unreasonable rage and I deactivate my account again.

Top Bottom