• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Sabrina” Renewed For Two More Seasons

bitbydeath

I’m still watching the first season, it’s getting better as it goes along.

Netflix has ordered sixteen more episodes of “The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina” which will air in two separate parts of eight episodes each.

The same thing is happening again here be it a slightly lower episode count – the series set to film the third and fourth season together in 2019 and will likely air in a similar pattern to the first (S3 Oct 2019, S4 in Apr 2020).

The second season of “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina,” which sees Jedidiah Goodacre and Alexis Denisof joining the cast, premieres April 5th on the service.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/sabrina-renewed-for-two-more-seasons/

olimariOA

Banned
Probably a good move. I enjoyed it (and the Christmas special) even if Susie confuses and bewilders me.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

the show is far from perfect but i did enjoy it so i am actually happy about that

I’m excited to see Alexis Denisof join the show.

That’s Wesley from Buffy and Angel for those that don’t recognise the name.

vkxgb5uw6ry11.gif

Dark Star

really love Sabrina

i'm interested in seeing more, the first season was great.
the casting choice is perfect.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
It has advanced further than the comic it was based on already... Gonna be hard to churn out quality OC with no guidelines.

My wife finished the show and said, "I'm done. If they make more, you are on your own." I'm undecided. There were things I liked about it, but felt the production quality was a bit weak (what's with the Vaseline all over the lens?) and the writing seemed to vacillate between having potential and being incompetent. I'll bet there was one writer there who like, really knew their shit, but the other writers kept overruling them or locking them in the closet during the story beat discussions.

I have a rule when it comes to scifi and fantasy tv shows. If it has a great first season, it'll probably suck. That's all they had. They blew their load too soon. Lost, Westworld, Moffat's Doctor Who, you know the ones. But shows with decent, even mediocre first seasons can and do grow into great shows (the first season of Buffy was awful). However, they blow their load by the third season and it's pretty much downhill from there. So the best time for these kinds of shows is the end of season 2 through the end of season 3. Maybe they let the good writer out of the box only for them to start thinking themselves gods...

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Thats awesome. I loved the first season despites its low points. I think its got a solid foundation to go off of. They just need to realize that nobody cares as much about the mortal friends as they do the supernatural stuff. I mean yeah its nice to have a change of pace every now an dthen for her friends to pop in, but lets not pretend more people care about her plain as hell boyfriend than they do the Satan worshiping cannibalistic super cult that hides out in the infinite sanctum of pentagrams and witchcraft.

I mean come the fuck on now. Know your audience.

Last edited:

GamesAreFun

Banned
Thats awesome. I loved the first season despites its low points. I think its got a solid foundation to go off of. They just need to realize that nobody cares as much about the mortal friends as they do the supernatural stuff. I mean yeah its nice to have a change of pace every now an dthen for her friends to pop in, but lets not pretend more people care about her plain as hell boyfriend than they do the Satan worshiping cannibalistic super cult that hides out in the infinite sanctum of pentagrams and witchcraft.

I mean come the fuck on now. Know your audience.
Having mortal friends provides an anchor for the story though, much like Xander in Buffy. They just need more character development.

First few episodes I was totally on board. By the last 3 episodes, I turned to my wife and justild her “I think I hate this show.” So I’m good. I hope other get enjoyment for this, but not for me.

Flapples

i was pretty underwhelmed when i tried watching it. Not sure why but i kept hearing them bring up social politics and it became an instant turn off.

Ah yes that SJW show...
lol felt the same way, guess i forgot it was something netflix was making

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Ah yes that SJW show...

Episode three reveals it to be anti-sjw actually. To quote myself.

Just watching episode three and I agreed with this thread up til that point. But Sabrina is actually the anti-sjw witch fighting the sjw’s.

There was a line about human law being innocent until proven guilty and apparently the witches who she is fighting is the opposite.

Now that spins the whole thing as her previous sjw actions were as a witch and now they’re after one of their own trying to convert her. There way is the only way etc etc.

pimentel1

Banned
Sabrina’s trial. A hatch flips open. “We’re being summoned into hell for a meeting.” Walks down stairs. “It’ll just be a monent.” gold gold gold lmao at that scene.

Xmas special is out. look forward to season 2. Totally not an SJW show.

Marsellio23

When everyone began to discuss this series, I thought that we were talking about the TV series "Sabrina the Little Witch". I did not understand why everyone began to watch it again.:messenger_grinning:

Funny thing is that they always choose my type of girl to play Aunt Zelda. Saw the first episode and I said in excitement: "Is that motherfucking Balki?" I'll give the rest of the show a shot this upcoming holiday break.

BANGS

Banned
I'm surprised how well received this show is. As a semi-fan of the old show, I found this one repulsive... I wonder who the audience even is for this?

bitbydeath

I'm surprised how well received this show is. As a semi-fan of the old show, I found this one repulsive... I wonder who the audience even is for this?

It's a pretty slow start as they're just introducing characters and background for the first half.
Second half picks up though.

KRAai

it has not much in common with the old show
it is based on a comicbook that was twisted version of the old comicbook the old show was based from

Last edited:
Top Bottom