• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Space Force” - Netflix show, Steve Carell,

TrainedRage

Banned
Yeah, unhinged leftist here. Proud of it, too.
You are proud of people burning down minority owned buisnesses that don't have insurance? Wow you're an asshole buddy.
I live in MN and everyone wants these looters to go home. They are destroying there own neighborhood in SW mpls for nothing. It accomplishes nothing except resent and violence.
Guess what that's what radicalized leftists like you want though. Anarchy. I remember being a teenager too.

You are proud of people burning down minority owned buisnesses that don't have insurance? Wow you're an asshole buddy.
I live in MN and everyone wants these looters to go home. They are destroying there own neighborhood in SW mpls for nothing. It accomplishes nothing except resent and violence.
Guess what that's what radicalized leftists like you want though. Anarchy. I remember being a teenager too.

The country needs to burn. That minority owned businesses, which are still part of the very system of capitalist exploitation, burn alongside the property of billion dollar conglomerates is not anything I, nor anyone who believes in justice, is concerned with. The cops must die. The cities must burn. The curfews must be defied. We are witnessing a watershed moment in American History, and there's nothing you nor any other boot licker of fascism can do about it.

Malakhov

Banned
The country needs to burn. That minority owned businesses, which are still part of the very system of capitalist exploitation, burn alongside the property of billion dollar conglomerates is not anything I, nor anyone who believes in justice, is concerned with. The cops must die. The cities must burn. The curfews must be defied. We are witnessing a watershed moment in American History, and there's nothing you nor any other boot licker of fascism can do about it.
Look a reeetard.

knock knock, mobs at ya door.

I give your revolution 4 more days.

Animagic

Banned
You and your other useful idiots will fail, and there’s nothing any of you buttplug wearing communists can do about it. Patriots and freedom loving citizens will win the day. Again.

You and your other useful idiots will fail, and there’s nothing any of you buttplug wearing communists can do about it. Patriots and freedom loving citizens will win the day. Again.

Right now, they are losing. Control. Legitimacy. Soon, lives, if Trump does the predictable and incites a retaliatory response to them from his MAGATS.

I've been among one of these mobs, so, I'm guessing nothing?

Let me repeat, when you go to your apartment or basement or wherever at the end of the day, and the mob comes for your place, what do you do?

You're that dude lootin Legos aren't you. You're better than that.

Last edited:

TIMSTER_777

Nice try shareblue troll, not falling for this lol.

Let me repeat, when you go to your apartment or basement or wherever at the end of the day, and the mob comes for your place, what do you do?

You're that dude lootin Legos aren't you. You're better than that.

They aren't coming for me, so, I don't really have any way to respond to your question without shrugging. There's no reports of the "mobs" attacking innocent people, so the fact that seems to be a concern of yours suggests you're not participating in good faith.

Last edited:

Tenaciousmo

Watched 5 episodes while high with a friend, 1st episode is too busy trying to set things up and forgets to be funny, but the show had me crying with the space chimp.

take what i said as the opinion on a show i was not sober watching.

They aren't coming for me, so, I don't really have any way to respond to your question without shrugging. There's no reports of the "mobs" attacking innocent people, so the fact that seems to be a concern of yours suggests you're not participating in good faith.

I hope for your sake it never will. Because people like yourself wouldn't care. But You can't answer can you because you're narrative falls apart. Anyone in your family have a business? Why not go and burn that down? They aren't exempt. Do you have anything to lose? Have you worked for and started anything?

I hope for your sake it never will. Because people like yourself wouldn't care. But You can't answer can you because you're narrative falls apart. Anyone in your family have a business? Why not go and burn that down? They aren't exempt. Do you have anything to lose? Have you worked for and started anything?

I own a business, if that's what you're asking. Am I concerned with it coming under attack by these protesters? Not really, since it doesn't have a brick and mortar and is a product I sell to retail locations. Now, are some of the retail locations my company targets for sales in the path of these rioters? Yes, they are. Do I care? No. I stand against the oppression of black bodies.

I own a business, if that's what you're asking. Am I concerned with it coming under attack by these protesters? Not really, since it doesn't have a brick and mortar and is a product I sell to retail locations. Now, are some of the retail locations my company targets for sales in the path of these rioters? Yes, they are. Do I care? No. I stand against the oppression of black bodies.
Hypocrite, coward.

I'm out. Shits embarrassing.

TrainedRage

Banned
This is the dumbest take I have seen in a long while. Im curious... What type of computer and phone do you have to be able to post on the internet? Apple? Google? Samsung? Do you pay taxes? Do you have a job?

How old are you? Legit curious.

This is the dumbest take I have seen in a long while. Im curious... What type of computer and phone do you have to be able to post on the internet? Apple? Google? Samsung? Do you pay taxes? Do you have a job?

How old are you? Legit curious.

I own an iPhone 11.

Computer is a custom built gaming PC.

I own a business.

Of course I pay taxes.

Not sure what relevance any of that has to do with me saying this country can burn to the ground until black bodies are no longer subject to white terror.

TrainedRage

Banned
I own an iPhone 11.

Computer is a custom built gaming PC.

I own a business.

Of course I pay taxes.

Not sure what relevance any of that has to do with me saying this country can burn to the ground until black bodies are no longer subject to white terror.
Oh so you're just a hypocrite. That or you are the lowest quality troll I have ever seen.
So you are against capitalist exploitation and you own the newest iPhone? LMFAO, please keep going you brave boy!

Oh so you're just a hypocrite. That or you are the lowest quality troll I have ever seen.
So you are against capitalist exploitation and you own the newest iPhone? LMFAO, please keep going you brave boy!

Yup, I should just retreat to the underbelly of a bridge and rage against the machine from a tattered cardboard box. That'll show em. Noam Chomsky always used to ask his detractors if they'd be less critical of his positions if he didn't own property in Lexington and Cambridge. You guys are walking parodies. lol...

D0W6C05UYAAeb49.jpg

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
Yup, I should just retreat to the underbelly of a bridge and rage against the machine from a tattered cardboard box. That'll show em. Noam Chomsky always used to ask his detractors if they'd be less critical of his positions if he didn't own property in Lexington and Cambridge. You guys are walking parodies. lol...

D0W6C05UYAAeb49.jpg
Its true what they say, the left cant meme....

-----
On topic, that first episode was rough, and im high. Gonna give it to 4 eps then make a decision.

Papa

Banned

Papa

Banned

D0W6C05UYAAeb49.jpg

Hahaha that retarded Matt Bors comic again. Straight from the Antifa playbook. RIP comrade.

mcjmetroid

I've only seen 2 episodes so far.

It's ok. It's frustrating because it feels like they're sitting on a goldmine of comedy.

Maybe he gets better but that character where his entire joke is social media jokes is terrible. Most people don't find plain references to viral videos or Twitter or Facebook funny.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I don’t have much hopes for this. Touching such a highly discussed politics topic can only make room to satisfy one POV on it in order to be successful.

Seein AOC on the trailer means they are getting their advice from an incredibly biased source too.

I will give it a go, but I am not expecting much

PS: Also, it’s funny how so many Americans think their national security is in the hands of extremely incompetent people, but don’t doubt they are being monitored in ways they cannot phantom. Which one is it guys?

That wasn't AOC, tho. She did her voice well but she looks nothing like her.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
I fell asleep during the first episode, so I guess that's that. The humor just didn't work, it felt so forced. Carell has had so much better shows. I think he would work better if he wasn't the lead in this, it just limits what he can do. I mean the guy in the trunk? Who comes up with shit like that. It's not funny because everybody knows it's coming.

Ornlu

Banned
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but it looks like they're marketing this pretty hard. Has its own ice cream and everything

Ruh roh. 99% chance this show got over-corporatized and focus-grouped to death. Sucks.

Wait until the USSF puts a string of kinetic penetrators in orbit, which is quite cheap now with the Falcon Heavy compared to equivalent non-nuclear weapons. There's not a missile defense system in the world that can do a damned thing about 10 tons of dumb tungsten travelling at Mach 10.

For real; never understood why we haven't shifted $50B a year from the traditional defense budget into space-based military R&D. Space dominance = planetary dominance, full-stop.

You guys were saying it wouldn't last a day. Yet, here we are, its intensity growing, the call to resist spreading across the nation. Maybe you're right? Doubtful.
I've been among one of these mobs, so, I'm guessing nothing?

Hope you enjoyed your stay, friend. Thanks for the extremely topical posts and well thought out commentary! :messenger_beermugs:

I watched the first episode. Lukewarm on it. Not a lot of charm. Even though I tried no to get my hopes up too high I still wanted this to be good, considering all the good faith The Office built with me.

I will keep going, but not off to a great start.

Why is Steves Carrel wife in the prison? I probably fall sleep and missed that.
Me and the friend I watched this with were asking ourselves the same question, and we don't have any idea...
But maybe it's for the better, Lisa Kudrow looks like my grandma now..

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Watched the first episode and it was kinda dull and weirdly old school farce type of humor. Seems like it's got people heated up in here though so I guess I should keep watching until the riots, police brutality and civil unrest episode. Seems like the show takes quite a turn - is that how his wife ends up in jail, burning down a minority business?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
First episode was super lame. Feels like the show only exists as a pathetic attempt to steal Trump’s thunder. Didn’t laugh once.
I actually enjoyed it. The show makes fun of Trump, but at the same time gives him due credit for the creation of the Space Force and highlights it’s importance. I only watched the first two episodes and I thought it’s presentation of politics was grounded in reality. They clown some dems in the second episode.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
I actually enjoyed it. The show makes fun of Trump, but at the same time gives him due credit for the creation of the Space Force and highlights it’s importance. I only watched the first two episodes and I thought it’s presentation of politics was grounded in reality. They clown some dems in the second episode.

It’s not the politics that bother me. I knew what it was going to be in that regard. The issue is that it’s just completely unfunny. I’ll give it another chance though.

H4ze

I really enjoy Space Force, have seen the first 6 episodes now and had some good laughs. I still like Michel, the jokes are funny for me and smart enoughe to not roll my eyes every minute.

Will def. keep on watching. :D

Makariel

Watched the first episode with my wife last weekend. I had exactly two moderate chuckles over the entire runtime, my wife just got so bored she started looking at duolingo halfway through. Yeah, we're not going to continue with that one in our household.

Top Bottom