• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

12 Minute Gears of War Demo? (EB / GameStop GoW preview video)

luffeN

this is what he meant: GameStop is hosting what they’ve named the Gears of War After Hours Preview. On October 21st anyone who is willing to stay up late, and is of age, is invited to preview GoW at participating GameStop stores. You’ll have to contact your local store for participation details, but here’s a little blurb:After participating stores close, customers 17 years of age or older will be readmitted for a sneak peek at exclusive video content for Gears of War. Anyone caught with a fake moustache will be sent home immediately, without a glass of milk or cookies. While supplies last, FREE lanyards, pins and gamer id tags will be given to those who attend.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
banKai said:
this is what he meant: GameStop is hosting what they’ve named the Gears of War After Hours Preview. On October 21st anyone who is willing to stay up late, and is of age, is invited to preview GoW at participating GameStop stores. You’ll have to contact your local store for participation details, but here’s a little blurb:After participating stores close, customers 17 years of age or older will be readmitted for a sneak peek at exclusive video content for Gears of War. Anyone caught with a fake moustache will be sent home immediately, without a glass of milk or cookies. While supplies last, FREE lanyards, pins and gamer id tags will be given to those who attend.

Uh...yeah, we know. But Karma Kramer didn't post the video when he clearly mentioned a video in his posession

banKai said:

Umm... thanks?

Alias03

I think what he's talking about is the video preview that GS/EB is gonna show tonight after close. He must've gotten the video that was gonna be shown somehow, but it wont work in his mac so he's wondering if anyone stole the disc too and has a PC that will run it.

Lakitu

st5fu
I haven't seen any media for this game besides the trailers, I'm happy going into this game in the dark, I try avoid gameplay demos coz it tends to ruin the surprise for me

Tieno

Karma Kramer said:
Hey Tieno so is that link I just posted inlcude different footage than that youtube video? Or is it the samething...
I'm still downloading, almost complete

Tieno

It's the same level, but it's really good footage. No bad lighting or anything. Seems like it's smooth and without hiccups and someone who plays pretty well, so far. The audio is a bit out of sync.

-Rogue5-

The voice acting seems sh*tty in that 12min video. Not the voices themselves, but the timing...

It's like, "Are you THE Marcus Fenix?" .....

...."yup."

..."cool!"

<pause>
......................................"not really."

WTF is up with that?

IJoel

Actually, I was partially wrong. Most of the footage is old, but after minute 8, where the old footage used to stop, this continues a bit further.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
IJoel said:
Actually, I was partially wrong. Most of the footage is old, but after minute 8, where the old footage used to stop, this continues a bit further.

Still nothing of interest though

Tieno

-Rogue5- said:
The voice acting seems sh*tty in that 12min video. Not the voices themselves, but the timing...

It's like, "Are you THE Marcus Fenix?" .....

...."yup."

..."cool!"

<pause>
......................................"not really."

WTF is up with that?
I dunno... if it's on purpose, maybe it's kind of an awkward momment? They don't know each other that well...You never had those 'conversations'?

Mirimar

Tieno said:
I dunno... if it's on purpose, maybe it's kind of an awkward momment? They don't know each other that well...You never had those 'conversations'?

It just sounds all together shoddy, in terms of the quality of voice acting. Marcus is on target, but the other two sound like they're in highschool or something...totally out of character for "hardened marines" or whatever they are.

Tieno

Mirimar said:
It just sounds all together shoddy, in terms of the quality of voice acting. Marcus is on target, but the other two sound like they're in highschool or something...totally out of character for "hardened marines" or whatever they are.
You really don't know their 'character' yet...oh well, I don't really see the big deal.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Mirimar said:

The world am blowed up total. So you have to conscript everyone. Even Gafers.

Wario64 said:
Eh....isn't this the same level we've been seeing in previews from 1Up, Game trailers, etc.?

It's the same stuff we've seen, but I remember there being a loading pause in there before. Nice to see that it's not in that vid.

Man, there's mad new shit in that video! They go a lot further than previous looks at that level. Plus it's a new playthrough, so we get to see new approaches and shit. Totally wicked.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Looking really smooth. Happy to see no more frame rate hitches and graphicaly the game looks amazing. Some of the fixes on the enimies where a little iffy towards the end when one was trying to vault over something for cover and he shot him in the ass. had a weird rag doll effect. overall looks really good. interested to see the stuff that cliffy was talking about like tournements and stuff on teh 12th. i will definately check those out. looking good.

Mr. Smith

ok now that i watched the 12 min video, somethng caught my attention. you can hear the bad guys talking sometimes in the video, that is when it catched me, the bad guys are talking in german language. i can hear it pretty good, cause i live in germany. what i can hear so far is, menschlinge ( menlings ), zurück ( back = defence), schnapt ihn ( get him ). so why in the world are they talking german, aret they the nazis of the future or what? and no im not a german, just an imigrant from turkey.

Mr. Smith said:
so why in the world are they talking german, aret they the nazis of the future or what? .

yes.

i was impressed with how the actual gameplay looked. it was like watching a war movie with the chase camera and the cover system looks really solid. GOTY canadiate confirmed for me

Core407

Banned
Mr. Smith said:
ok now that i watched the 12 min video, somethng caught my attention. you can hear the bad guys talking sometimes in the video, that is when it catched me, the bad guys are talking in german language. i can hear it pretty good, cause i live in germany. what i can hear so far is, menschlinge ( menlings ), zurück ( back = defence), schnapt ihn ( get him ). so why in the world are they talking german, aret they the nazis of the future or what? and no im not a german, just an imigrant from turkey.

Wow, that's pretty funny.

Mr. Smith said:

No wonder the game isn't coming out in Germany lol

Mirimar

Core407 said:
Wow, that's pretty funny.

Also rather ironic since the game isn't even coming to Germany =( Unless, of course, that PC rumor is true? I haven't kept up with it...if GeoW is still coming to Germany, someone please correct me.

Mr. Smith

Mirimar said:
Also rather ironic since the game isn't even coming to Germany =( Unless, of course, that PC rumor is true? I haven't kept up with it...if GeoW is still coming to Germany, someone please correct me.

no it aint. m$ said it would be a too big cut in the game if they take out all the nasty things so it would get a sellable rating.

ElectricBlue187 said:
yes.

i was impressed with how the actual gameplay looked. it was like watching a war movie with the chase camera and the cover system looks really solid. GOTY canadiate confirmed for me

I actually preferred how this player played through the demo level for the most part, more than CliffyB's presentations

only because it seemed like he was playing it more tactically I guess (which is the way I would play it)....Not just slamming/hoping against/over walls and killing shit as fast as possible....

LuCkymoON

Banned
It was a good play thru, I can't wait to get this game.

Anyway I got an extra Theme code and Picture pack code; PM me if you want it, first come first serve.

~edit~ codes are gone

Top Bottom