• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

13 minutes of exclusive XsX Scorn gameplay (4K)

Edokataki

Banned
I feel like it looks pretty stale. And I feel like there is just one small thing they could have done slightly differently and it would change everything.

Imagine if where ever you looked the flesh in the walls was pulsing, breathing, flexing back and forth, sweating visually and bleeding. All it needs is to make that crazy flesh shit feel constantly alive and this shit becomes 100x more immersive and scary imo, now it just feels like a static world with a few creep arse enemies.

I was thinking the same thing, you are in a strange world that looks like it could be alive but it's all static and dead, I would expect some fluids here and there in this organic world. Or maybe enemies that are sleeping and are part of the walls and when you pass next to them they wake up and come out of the wall and hunt you. And I don't like games that are so dark you need to max the gamma to see anything.... It could be very interesting game but it's just feels boring with stale word

oldergamer

maybe to you there’s no perceived hype. Not sure why you’re making such a big stink about my comment. It boils down to this game looks like a potential let down and a miss based on the gameplay shown. The environment and aesthetic of the game looked really interesting at first.
I pointed out your comment because it seemed out of place. Talking about hype you think ms made on this game when they have barely talked about it. Seems to be something we see sony fans mention often about games on xbox when there has been nothing but forum hype.

You are also basing an opinion on very little information. They have admitted to holding back a lot in regards to story. This video seems no different then the last but for some with unrealistic expectations, perhaps they dont like it now. Bottom line is its still its just an indie title

IDappa

I think this is just going to be one of those games that will have the interest of a select few types of people and the majority of people probably won't touch it or get past the first hour. Me personally I do not really know how to feel about the game and do not know if I'll like it or even play it. Not to sure

Hustler

I pointed out your comment because it seemed out of place. Talking about hype you think ms made on this game when they have barely talked about it. Seems to be something we see sony fans mention often about games on xbox when there has been nothing but forum hype.

You are also basing an opinion on very little information. They have admitted to holding back a lot in regards to story. This video seems no different then the last but for some with unrealistic expectations, perhaps they dont like it now. Bottom line is its still its just an indie title

Well, you're welcome to have the last word if you want since you want to continue this conversation. But to discount the game just because it's an indie is a weird notion. There are many indies that can have a big impact on a platform. Rocket League comes to mind and as far as exclusives go for Microsoft, Braid and Ori were big as well.

Albion

0eb94f67a68c3f988f16cdd9c64781f7_original.gif

Flintty

This looks amazing in 4K and proper atmospheric. I’m hoping there‘s a bit of variation in the gameplay and pacing, but so far it’s looking good.

Top Bottom