• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15 Veteran Criminals Arrested Over Kim Kardashian's 10 Million Dollar Jewelry Heist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper

Gang of 15 'veteran criminals' arrested over Kim Kardashian's terrifying Paris gunpoint robbery

Ctw2AkXWgAAdiCC.jpg

French police have arrested a gang of 15 veteran criminals over Kim Kardashian's shocking Paris robbery.

Officials confirmed the gang of "career criminals" were busted after one suspected robber left his DNA at the scene of the crime, the Hôtel de Pourtalès.

Social media superstar Kim has been a virtual recluse since the October 2 robbery, where gunmen stormed her hotel room and made off with millions of dollars worth of jewellery.

After being submitted to the National DNA File (FNAEG), two of them proved to be individuals known to the police.

According to cops several weeks of surveillance preceded the arrests this morning and the investigating judge could shortly go to New York to personally hear from Kim.

It comes as fresh details surrounding Kim's ordeal on October 2 surfaced, including how the reality star broke free from her bindings and screamed for help from her hotel balcony.

The Keeping Up With The Kardashians star was alone in the bedroom of her rented Paris apartment when masked robbers burst in, tied her up and threatened her at gunpoint before making off with millions of pounds worth of jewellery.

A rep for the star confirmed at the time she was "badly shaken but physically unharmed."

According to PEOPLE, she managed to free herself by "wriggling her hands" out of the restraints after the five men dragged her out of bed in a robe, bound her wrists and ankles with zip ties and placed her in the bath.

"[Kim] was tied up, and gagged with duct tape wrapped around her head. They put plastic ties around her wrists but she managed to squeeze her hands out of the wrist ties by wriggling her hands," a source said.

"She was hysterical but not screaming as she knew she had to keep quiet to survive.

"The reports of her fear of being raped are real. She really did think she was going to be raped. She had a gun to her head the whole time."

The 35-year-old reality star, who was staying at the exclusive The No Address Hotel, was terrified as the men raided the luxury property, snatching two mobile phones and $10 million worth of jewellery.

Stylist Simone was allegedly downstairs at the time and phoned her bodyguard Pascal Duvier, who has been slammed by fans for being out with her sisters Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner instead of guarding Kim.

Her rapper husband Kanye West, who was told mid-concert and rushed to be with the star, is said to be "furious" she was man-handled and made to beg for her life.

A Kardashian family source added that she is "still upset", but being back with the two children, Saint, nine months, and three-year-old North, in New York has made her feel a slightly better.

Meanwhile, French authorities reportedly suspect the raid on Kim's Paris apartment at the No Address Hotel could have been an inside job.

According to Page Six, a source claims investigators believe the raiders may have known the whereabouts of the reality star from an employee at the hotel or someone in her team.

"French police suspect that the five alleged robbers had some contact with her security and were tipped off about her procedures," they claimed.

"They knew there was no security [with her inside her apartment that night]. All they had to do was go in, make contact with someone inside the hotel."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/gang-16-arrested-over-kim-9588408

Hazmat

How much is "10 million dollars" of jewellery? Has to be at least 2-3 suit cases.

You could fit $10m worth of high-end jewelry into the pocket of your jeans with them only bulging slightly.

2-3 suitcases? You know some jewelry is slightly more expensive than high school class rings, yes?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I wonder how they left DNA in the room? Did the use the toilet or spit or accidentally cut themselves?

It could be hair but as an active hotel room you would expect a lot of hair.......

Mimosa97

Wow I'm actually very surprised that one of them would make such a rookie mistake as to leave a DNA sample behind. Usually these gangs of veteran robbers never get caught. Many high-profile robberies (some involving Qatari and saudi royal family) have been carried out in the last few years in and around Paris and they never caught anyone.

I hope she can get some closure knowing that her attackers are in jail.

Keasar

Only a few pieces if the stones are fat enough, which I believe they were.

E: gotta take into account designer brand markup as well

A jewellery box worth £5.24 million, ring worth £3.5 million and an engagement ring that was £3.1 million

You could fit $10m worth of high-end jewelry into the pocket of your jeans with them only bulging slightly.

2-3 suitcases? You know some jewelry is slightly more expensive than high school class rings, yes?

Fucking hell that is just crazy. A single ring for 3.5 million dollars? It is truly a industry of selling polished turds to stupid people.

Insane carrying around small stuff worth that much which doesn't do more than blink in the right light when worn. Buy some polished brass metal and you get the same effect and encourage less exploitation of poor countries and don't fund diamond cartels who's entire business is shamming people out of money with worthless minerals.

Yes I hate the jewellery industry. :p

Why are people surprised by the cost of some jewelry? It's basically like art where its value is determined by how much somebody pays for it.

FDC1

16 persons have been arrested, aged from 23 to 73. Most already have a known history of armed robbery.

Jasper

TMZ are reporting the 16 arrests were a coordinated effort by French authorities & intelligence, and the arrests span 5 different cities.

Oh, and the Keeping Up With The Kardashians promo for season 13 was just released, with Kim crying about the robbery and her breaking down when she receives the call that Kanye has been admitted into a mental hospital.

What a shit year 2016 was for Kim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP473ail5Tg

keeping-up-with-the-kardashians-kim-kardashian-paris-robbery-ZL6.png

large_cropped_Screen_Shot_2017-01-06_at_11.31.35_AM.png

It's a frightening concept to be the victim of armed robbery. Thank fuck nothing more serious happened, and I expect from now on she's going to have multiple armed bodyguards with her at all times. Well done on the French police for catching the fuckers.

Jasper

KIM KARDASHIAN ROBBERY SUSPECTS REVEALED

0109-kim-kardashian-perp-walk-launch-3.jpg

French police want it known ... they've nabbed people they think are involved in the Kim Kardashian robbery.

French photogs were given access to the perp walk Monday ... where 17 people have been hauled in for the October 3rd robbery in Paris.

As we reported ... 3 of the suspects are women -- the rest, of course, men. Two of the suspects are diamond dealers. As for the women, cops say they were tailing Kim around Paris in the days preceding the jewelry heist.

Cops tapped phones and were able to nab those they say are involved.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Wow I never read the details of the robbery. That's incredibly scary and infuriating. Yeezy's breakdown makes a whole lot more sense now.

And people brushing off her ordeal are even more a bunch of rotten assholes just because of who she is.

1) so this wasn't a hoax!

2) DNA sample is insane. I guess they found a hair? As a criminal, how do you even prevent that?

3) glad they caught these fools.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Wow I never read the details of the robbery. That's incredibly scary and infuriating. Yeezy's breakdown makes a whole lot more sense now.

And people brushing off her ordeal are even more a bunch of rotten assholes just because of who she is.
Some people went as far as even suggesting that the whole thing was made up for publicity. The level of hate Kim gets is quite unbelievable.

How about "robbery sucks" and "this person owning a ring that's worth my entire life sucks"?

Wealthy people own expensive things, more as this shocking discovery is uncovered. Saying that's the most disgusting part of this whole ordeal is just nonsense spouted by remedial people.

I'm sure that poster owns something that someone making $7k a year will likely never own yet I doubt they think he's a disgusting person for it.

ZOONAMI

They might have used their teeth to rip off the strip off tape they used and left saliva?

Yeah if the DNA was on the tape this is probably what happened.

Stupid as hell criminals. That none of the "veteran" criminals involved who saw that happen and weren't like, wait a Minute dude, that's fucking DNA. Put that peice of tape in your pocket and use a knife you dumbass.

Not that I want them to succeed and this is awful for Kim, you'd think if you had a DNA swab after a previous crime you'd be more concerned about not spreading DNA around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom