• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes: Kardashians Earned Over 122 Million Dollars In Last 12 Months Alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozak

Banned
I still dont understand how they got famous with no college education and just being bad rolemodels

Trumps me too.

Superficial superpowers. I don't get it but my wife and her friends watch their show. Creepy that people know more about their lives than a lot of thier own family members.

Toparaman

Banned
Kris should honestly be teaching business classes.

Everybody who thinks a Kardashian has no talent or doesn't deserve their success is ignorant. This family has mastered the business of social media marketing. They get people to buy products just by mentioning them because their social media structure makes their followers feel like they're being recommended products by a close friend, not a celebrity or executive.

They figured out a way to generate revenue by including people into their often mundane lives. They are brilliant, and people wish they had as much branding and marketing smarts in their whole career as a Karsashian has in one finger.

Keep losing, jealous peasants.

Yay, taking advantage of stupid people is so brilliant.

even Rob gets paid? how? he's terrible
I guess the E! show that got canceled paid him that money?

the rest, let them cook and get that money $$$$$$$$$$

What hustle dude. They were rich before, now they're more rich.

This is what I don't get. People act like they worked their ass off for money when they already had money to begin with. All they did was capitalize on a very obvious opportunity that they had (social media, modelling, licensing, branding, etc). This is worse than when Drake said he "started from the bottom."

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This is what I don't get. People act like they worked their ass off for money when they already had money to begin with. All they did was capitalize on a very obvious opportunity that they had (social media, modelling, licensing, branding, etc). This is worse than when Drake said he "started from the bottom."

You are delusional or just jealous if you think that going from where the Kardashians started to the point where they are now " just happens" ....same with Drake - just because him or Kanye didnt grow up as gangbangers Compton doesnt mean they didnt have to work hard to achieve this type of career.

Real talk, and I'm not trying to be a smartass with this.

Who is watching their show(s) and buying their products?

Is it teenage girls? Old men?

They've long passed their expired date (ala Paris Hilton) but yet they continue to stick around.

If you asked me about them like five years ago, I would've said they/Kim are on their last minute as people obviously had had enough of them (especially after that fake wedding)...But then social media exploded and Kim started dating Kanye, and of course that 16 year old got herself a plastic surgery package and started hanging with older married rappers, etc,... And then Katelyn. You get the picture, thanks to E channel and twitter/instagram they're constantly in the celebrity news. And even with Kim married and becoming a mother and all, her youngest sister was groomed couple years ago to become Kim 2.0 and it looks like it worked, so they're good for like 5 more years.

The main audience (fans) are of course teenagers who dream of becoming them, superstars of social media.

Zomba13

I still don't even know what Kardashians do and at this point I'm too afraid to ask.

I still also always think of the Star Trek aliens though.

I've heard there's more than one, Kim, but I don't know anything about the others at all. To know nothing of them and have earned that money, they're like Hollywood actor level of wealth!

Didn't even know they were married, I thought Kanye was an ex-lover who would write songs about her?

That's being taxed at like, 85% right? Sort of an excise tax for those who get rich by making the world stupider? Chuck Lorre would take a nice hit too.

Jasper

they're like Hollywood actor level of wealth!

Actually for the last few years, Kim Kardashian alone has been making more money than Hollywood's leading actors (Ben Affleck, Johnny Depp, Jennifer Lawrence, Leo DiCaprio Angelina Jolie, Will Smith, etc).

It's probably the reason why a lot of A-list actors dislike the Kardashians...there's a bitterness that even though they are the most famous movie stars in the world, they are getting less attention and less money than Kardashian reality television stars.

Esque7

Dont understand why people think hollywood idols are a new thing. Kim is practically the modern Marilyn Monroe. If i could get paid millions to look pretty and act dumb I sure as hell would.

You are delusional or just jealous if you think that going from where the Kardashians started to the point where they are now " just happens" ....same with Drake - just because him or Kanye didnt grow up as gangbangers Compton doesnt mean they didnt have to work hard to achieve this type of career.

Who said anything about "just happens?" and you have to nerve to assume I'm being delusional/jealous when you didn't read the comment properly. All I'm saying is that it's not "hustling" when you already have an existing base as well as a large sum of money (disrespectful to people who actually had to work their ass off from shitty situations to get to where they are today). As such, more freedom to invest in creating brands and seeing a quick and sustained return. Unless you really think that being born into a family of money is "hard work."

When I mentioned Drake, I was suggesting how he seems to think he had tough times when he was raised in an affluent neighbourhood, had a pretty decent TV career on Degrassi (he had more money than say someone in a low-class setting), and already built a name for himself through mixtapes. If you want to argue that he had to work to get to being a superstar rapper, that's one thing, but it is absolutely disingenuous to act like he was dealt a shitty hand on his way to superstardom. Not to mention, disrespectful to people who actually have shit economic/life situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom