• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kylie Jenner's Kylie Cosmetics Is on It's Way to Becoming a Billion Dollar Brand

Money creates more money. And the rich get richer while the rest buys their crap. Guess its at least a decent product if people keep buying it.

jelly

If you get professional make up every day, had cosmetics perhaps and have a pretty flawless complexion while being in a popular tv show, the kids are going to believe it all and hope it works for them.

lenovox1

Why do people think that famous people have anything to do with a product their name is on?

Kylie Jenner has some creative involvement according to the source article.

WWD said:
“What I’ve been into is creating collections; that’s kinda my thing. I like getting in different moods. In the beginning I thought my brand had to be consistent and everything look the same and that was stressing me out. And that’s really not my personality. I like to have blue hair one day and blonde the next…and collections are where I kind of get to express myself. I change everything…I love to switch it up and come out with new products.”

Seasonal "collections" have been the "hot, new" trend in cosmetics for a while now with Jeffree Star Cosmetics being my first exposure to it.

With the rate with which you can now create, market, and sell a new color to people due to the advent of social media, it's an opportunity the bigger cosmetics houses missed the boat on. And I guess that was kind of sort of her grand business idea in a round about way.

sangreal

I wouldn't expect gaf to understand, but expensive makeup is a big thing right now, as are the youtube stars promoting it\

Why do people think that famous people have anything to do with a product their name is on?

I used to be friends with someone who formulated makeup products for major brands, and for the celebrity labels the celeb would come in and give input. Obviously they are not involved in the day to day

Paris was in the spot light for a long time. Everyone drops off at some point.

Anyway it's good that they're making their own money, but my god did she have it all on a plate.

It's not as though Kylie started from nothing...

It makes for a good lesson on privilege

Top Bottom