• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, Kylie Jenner is going to make even more money now. Multi-Billionaire incoming.

CyberPanda

Banned
It's official! Kylie Jenner is launching her own skincare line.

Alas, after weeks of teasing an exciting new project on social media, the makeup mogul announced she's flipping her cosmetic talents to create a line of skincare products under the brand name Kylie Skin. The 21-year-old billionaire, who reportedly filed the trademark for her new venture as early as last October, broke the announcement on Instagram along with the line's official launch date: May 22.

“KYLIE F**KING SKIN! wow. Skincare and makeup go hand in hand and Kylie Skin was something i dreamt up soon after Kylie Cosmetics,” the beauty businesswoman captioned a Kylie Skin advert which shows a makeup-free Jenner.

“I’ve been working on this for what feels like a lifetime so i can’t believe I’m finally announcing!” she went on. “Building my makeup line from the ground up has taught me a lot and I’m so blessed with that knowledge to apply to my brand new company! Birthing a whole new team, manufacturing, fulfillment etc separate from my cosmetics line was challenging but here we are!”

So what can Kylie Bots expect from their fave's face products? For starters, "everything is cruelty free, vegan, gluten free, paraben and sulfate free and suitable for all skintypes," Jenner assures, insisting fans follow the label's Instagram (@kylieskin) or sign up here to stay up-to-date on details.

As far as products are concerned, fans can probably expect the usual — moisturizer, cleanser, toner, face mask, etc. So far, Jenner has only previewed an item that appears to be a moisturizer or serum of some kind, which melts perfectly into your skin, adding just the right amount of dewiness. (Our thoughts? Take our money, Kylie!)

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
Oh yeah, you dreamt it up... mhm.. You just paid some ppl to mix some shit in a lab and slap your name on it. "I want it to have this, and this, none of that, that's yucky, some of that, and some more of that. K, slap my name on it, thx, bye." That's how it's done, don't give me this I worked so hard on this, nah, you didn't make shit, you just ordered it. How do I know? I was part of a company in Oregon that does this for about ~15 well known brands.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
Oh yeah, you dreamt it up... mhm.. You just paid some ppl to mix some shit in a lab and slap your name on it. "I want it to have this, and this, none of that, that's yucky, some of that, and some more of that. K, slap my name on it, thx, bye." That's how it's done, don't give me this I worked so hard on this, nah, you didn't make shit, you just ordered it. How do I know? I was part of a company in Oregon that does this for about ~15 well known brands.
Thanks for the laugh, you’re a 100% right.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
lol we got some salty proles up in this thread
Ah yeah, it's possible. I'm just extremely sceptical of what Instagram models say. And I've been working longer than she has been alive.

Edit: I'm not hating that she is getting paid, well done to her.

Last edited:

Liamario

Banned
That's not fair, she worked herself to the bone for 15 minutes. Those minutes felt like at least 30 minutes.

Last edited:

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
lol we got some salty proles up in this thread
it's not salty its just this story shes throwing out, like i worked so hard all my life for this, bla bla, no you didn't. I took a shit today that requred more work than you probably put in. Just say "i teamed up with so and so and they helped me realize a dream i recently had", because let's be real, you did not think about having your own skincare line at the age of 15, gtfo. It's just all this BS on social media these days. I'm not mad at her making money, just stop making shit up.

Papa

Banned
it's not salty its just this story shes throwing out, like i worked so hard all my life for this, bla bla, no you didn't. I took a shit today that requred more work than you probably put in. Just say "i teamed up with so and so and they helped me realize a dream i recently had", because let's be real, you did not think about having your own skincare line at the age of 15, gtfo. It's just all this BS on social media these days. I'm not mad at her making money, just stop making shit up.

I feel you man, liars are the worst

DKehoe

I don’t get people being mad at her or her family. They don’t impact my life at all. I don’t watch their show or buy any of their products but I also don’t have anything against them. I see so many people get worked up about them but I haven’t found them hard to avoid and I don’t even try.

Sure, they’re “famous for nothing” but there are a lot of worse things than that.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
I feel you man, liars are the worst
fat-val-kilmer.jpg

highrider

Banned
It has always amazed me how much the skin care and makeup market generates. Not hating, I respect her business acumen, but if I’m honest I’d like to see that huge financial reward go to people that do something innovative or creative. She doesn’t really do anything.

crowbrow

Banned
135 million following an "influencer" who does nothing but shit like makeup. In the age of narcissism and superficiality no wonder something like makeup is making so many millionaires out of narcissists and shallow people looking to hide the truth and reality under a mask. Gotta do something to match real life with those Snapchat filters.

Unironically many of them pose also as "woke" and sjws but they use those stances in a equally superficial and narcissistic way and that's why with time most of them are exposed as hypocrites like recently happened with this James Charles guy or Jeffree Star.

This whole industry is pretty fucked up.

Panda1

Banned
I only started at the bottom, well with a few million from a small sex tape from my sister my dad being a Olympic athlete and my mom prostituting our lives on TV and my step dad being one of the most famous lawyer in America.

Apart from that Im just like any small business owner.

#HARDWORK

I only started at the bottom, well with a few million from a small sex tape from my sister my dad being a Olympic athlete and my mom prostituting our lives on TV and my step dad being one of the most famous lawyer in America.

Apart from that Im just like any small business owner.

#HARDWORK
You make it sound like these people live lives of luxury. They may have nicer shit but they also have to deal with shit we can't even imagine. Shit we wouldn't want to deal with.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice

Is it just me or is this obvious? Not to shoot you down, it's just I don't think anyone seriously expects Kylie Jenner to really be doing any of the grunt work with this stuff as you said lmao.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
No shade, but I can't wait until 2025 when people (read: media) will look up to and praise her for all the work she's done that brings her such money, as the wealth disparity in the West ever increases. That should be an interesting time.

Why does she have fans?

Why is she paying reporters to sa she's coming up with idea that are actually verifiably other peoples?

Why are they saying she's self-made when that's 400% false?

Are people dumb enough to overpay for average products because her names on it but hasn't really ever done anything to really gain the following?

TrainedRage

Banned
Why does she have fans?

Why is she paying reporters to sa she's coming up with idea that are actually verifiably other peoples?

Why are they saying she's self-made when that's 400% false?

Are people dumb enough to overpay for average products because her names on it but hasn't really ever done anything to really gain the following?
-She is an attractive young lady from a very well kjnown family.

-She has enough money for good PR

-Self made just means 'her' brands not the Kardashian/Jenner brand. Yet that helps.

-Yes, girls like make up.

also.... she hot...

kylie-jenner-gq-magazine-germany-july-2017-1.jpg

CyberPanda

Banned
-She is an attractive young lady from a very well kjnown family.

-She has enough money for good PR

-Self made just means 'her' brands not the Kardashian/Jenner brand. Yet that helps.

-Yes, girls like make up.

also.... she hot...

kylie-jenner-gq-magazine-germany-july-2017-1.jpg
Plastic surgery can do wonders.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So a celebrity works out a royalty/branding deal. Only done about 58 million times.

“I’ve been working on this for what feels like a lifetime so i can’t believe I’m finally announcing!” she went on. “Building my makeup line from the ground up has taught me a lot and I’m so blessed with that knowledge to apply to my brand new company! Birthing a whole new team, manufacturing, fulfillment etc separate from my cosmetics line was challenging but here we are!”

lol

CyberPanda

Banned
I mean some looks like shit but I think hers looks like an improvement. Would smash any of them TBH.
Kendall is the only good looking one imo and she hasn’t got any plastic surgery that I am aware of. I don’t mind Kourtney either cause she says it like it is and makes fun of Kim.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I don’t get the hate towards her. People focus too much on the opportunities the person has as a drawback on her success. Also, it’s hypocritical to criticize on the pull that fashion products have on women in a board for video game enthusiasts. Makeup and video games are both leisure items with an arbitrary value driven by a subculture of influence.

I used to date a girl who enjoyed the Kylie brand. When she spoke about the items, her eyes lit up the same way mine did when I spoke about my favorite video games. It’s all the same; items designed to generate artificial joy.

Last edited:

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Kendall is the only good looking one imo and she hasn’t got any plastic surgery that I am aware of. I don’t mind Kourtney either cause she says it like it is and makes fun of Kim.

Yeah, Kendall is by far the best.

I don’t get the hate towards her. People focus too much on the opportunities the person has as a drawback on her success. Also, it’s hypocritical to criticize on the pull that fashion products have on women in a board for video game enthusiasts. Makeup and video games are both leisure items with an arbitrary value driven by a subculture of influence.

I used to date a girl who enjoyed the Kylie brand. When she spoke about the items, her eyes lit up the same way mine did when I spoke about my favorite video games. It’s all the same; items designed to generate artificial joy.

I like this point you made. Puts things into perspective.

However, we are amongst ourselves here.... hence I argue there's little need to be this considerate. lol

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Everyone thinks it’s a money grab, but she’s a keeper. I’ve never been a Kardashian fan but this is great for youth.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
That’s life though. She started with a silver spoon and turned it into a gold spoon. Doesn’t mean that you and I can’t still eat our dinner with wooden spoons.
She started with a golden spoon and plastic surgeons in a society based on being artificial.

Let's see if she actually has any business sense. It might sell just because of her name, but otherwise her family's just going to dump tons of money into it.

decisions

I don’t support people being glorified for nothing but their appearance. I am also dissppointed in the consumers who fuel the modern media narcissism machine, just as much as the producers.

There needs to be a social media revolution that supports individuality in action - arts, sciences, etc. - but not in appearance (bye bye IG models).

Last edited:
Top Bottom