• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, Kylie Jenner is going to make even more money now. Multi-Billionaire incoming.

Shelbutt

It's sad that people are gonna buy this without a second though just because it's from her, but a lot of people on twitter are coming to their senses and calling her shit out.
also this:
oof didn't realize CyberPanda CyberPanda had posted it already lol

Say what you want about him but I trust his judgment when it comes to stuff like that

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
It's sad that people are gonna buy this without a second though just because it's from her, but a lot of people on twitter are coming to their senses and calling her shit out.
also this:
oof didn't realize CyberPanda CyberPanda had posted it already lol

Say what you want about him but I trust his judgment when it comes to stuff like that

Yea, Jeffree reviews everything and says it like it is lol. And, she's going to get richer because of the brand she has established. The minute the products were on sale, they sold out immediately.

llien

And how did she make her billion? (I realize she had 100+ million followers on social media)
Ads?

Last edited:

Kenpachii

I don’t get the hate towards her. People focus too much on the opportunities the person has as a drawback on her success. Also, it’s hypocritical to criticize on the pull that fashion products have on women in a board for video game enthusiasts. Makeup and video games are both leisure items with an arbitrary value driven by a subculture of influence.

I used to date a girl who enjoyed the Kylie brand. When she spoke about the items, her eyes lit up the same way mine did when I spoke about my favorite video games. It’s all the same; items designed to generate artificial joy.

Privileges.

1) Famous name that attracts lots of audiences
2) Endless amount of money supply by her family ( money makes money )
3) Makes typical bullshit products like make up, perfume, skin care products that simple gets ordered without any effort.
4) Creates with loads of money a marketing campaign around it to push sales.

I would be shocked if she did more then a day in the month of work of talking and be done with it.

It's like the guy that wants to create a business for himself so he starts a beach clubs.
Poors in half a million, hires a group of people that manage everything for him. While he sits at his home drinking whine all day long watching movies. Then 4 months down the road the club is there and he visits it at the grand opening and calls it "yea starting a business is really hard guys" creates a massive marketing campaign behind it because he has a famous name for another 500k and calls himself a successful business starter.

While the next guy that started with nothing, went through the dirt for 15 years to create it.

It's laughable.

Sorry there is nothing to be inspired about.

Last edited:

Super Mario

Banned
I don’t get the hate towards her. People focus too much on the opportunities the person has as a drawback on her success. Also, it’s hypocritical to criticize on the pull that fashion products have on women in a board for video game enthusiasts. Makeup and video games are both leisure items with an arbitrary value driven by a subculture of influence.

I used to date a girl who enjoyed the Kylie brand. When she spoke about the items, her eyes lit up the same way mine did when I spoke about my favorite video games. It’s all the same; items designed to generate artificial joy.

She gets famous off of other people. Gets loads of plastic surgery. Company uses her name to brand the same generic garbage we've already had for years. Promoting vanity for a bunch of women jealous of her fake vanity. Otherwise, she would literally be nothing. If anyone ever wants to talk privilege, this is it. If anyone ever wants to talk about toxic femininity, this is it.

Meanwhile, people who actually use their skills to create something and earn millions doing it, are the oppressors.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
It's funny how many people in here hate capitalism. She made a product and people want to buy it. Is that her fault or the people who buy said product?

CyberPanda

Banned
And how did she make her billion? (I realize she had 100+ million followers on social media)
Ads?
Product endorsements, she gets paid for being on the reality show, and every single make up product she has created has sold out and shipped worldwide.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
2) Endless amount of money supply by her family ( money makes money )

You need to know how to invest it. You don't turn a few hundred millions into a billion just resting. Look, I am confident there is a mastermind behind all of these operations, and she only provides her image. However, there is no reason to hate her for looking after her interests. She is not harming society. In fact, there is a good chance her business is creating jobs.

PS: I never saw myself defending a Kardashian, but I will defend capitalism and entrepreneurship.

Tesseract

Banned
I don’t support people being glorified for nothing but their appearance. I am also dissppointed in the consumers who fuel the modern media narcissism machine, just as much as the producers.

There needs to be a social media revolution that supports individuality in action - arts, sciences, etc. - but not in appearance (bye bye IG models).

how do you square this with pretty much any form of disposable entertainment that isn't books or music

Do people actually still care about the K’s enough to buy these products off name alone or are they actually decent by reputation? Keep in mind I have zero pulse on the fashion and skin care markets.

Burnttips

$125 for the set. I have a little girl who someday is going to be asking for stuff like this. The bottles seem really small. I’m not going to drop that kind of money if it doesn’t last at least a year.

CyberPanda

Banned
$125 for the set. I have a little girl who someday is going to be asking for stuff like this. The bottles seem really small. I’m not going to drop that kind of money if it doesn’t last at least a year.
There are better skin care products out there at a cheaper price.

Top Bottom