• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

16 minutes of Far Cry 3 on PC Ultra settings at 1080p

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Prediction: It will review well but semi-bomb, a Deus Ex HR type of bomb like 200k first month NPD and another 50k for the PC version.
It's too bad they are releasing this time of year. It's been pretty vacant for FPS games up until like the last two months. I still see them doing better than Deus EX:HR though.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Looks good, but oh god this mission alone makes me mad at the game. Look for some mushrooms in a cave and bring them back to me! I fucking hate fetch quests, especially in fps

:/

Zilch

Banned
The ambient occlusion looks wack as has been stated already. I don't play many new games anymore, is this a common effect?

derder

Ugh that AF looks like Bilinear or something. It looks like a Xbox360 version of a PC game for everything 3m away from the character.

Durante

The ambient occlusion looks wack as has been stated already. I don't play many new games anymore, is this a common effect?
Ambient Occlusion is a pretty common effect. Usually it's designed to be more realistic though, not "drop shadow mostly everything".

Salsa

game isnt realistic-looking in the least, everything's already over-saturated to hell, so the shadow thing doesnt really take me out of it or anything

A freaking 10 on Eurogamer! What the... Damn, that's crazy. 0_o

They tested the Xbox 360 version.

Now it is a day one purchase. Give this game to me! Now.

Arcipello

The soft black outline to the characters looks great, btw.

Yeah it must be, probably an artistic choice. Looks pretty good to me, they seem to pop out of the screen. Low poly shoulders

joke much? its just very badly implement ambient occlusion

Guy said that embargos are going up this week, so far he can only show middle of game stuff. In the next few days other missions.

I hope the console version end up alright, but being an ubisoft montreal production. I bet they'll be great.

I wonder why there is no per-object motion blur. For some reason devs forget to implement this even in top tier pc releases. It makes games look so much better. Hell, its the reason why most people think PS3 release games look so good. Just dat motionblur man...

Darksouls has an ok implementation, Crytek has amazing implementations, killzone and uncharted do, forza horizon does (one of the best I have see oddly enough).

Yet this game...

Dennis

Banned
This new footage looks much better than the previous.

Still, with the low resolution of 1080p I will still need to see this running on my own PC to properly judge.

meh, Crysis looks better. Especially the water and foliage. The grass in this video isn't even swaying with the wind. Even WoW does that.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Well this was unexpected. My hype died down after some preview said it was worse that far cry 2. Kotaku maybe?

Sounds like I need to buy yet another game this Holliday...

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Probably no point holding out for a demo or benchmark utility? FC2 pushed me to upgrade back when it was released, but I don't have that option this time around. Anyone with more smarts than me reckon 2x 280s will be enough to run this halfway decently?

Serious question here, don't lynch me :p.

Im really looking forward to Farcry 3 and have had it pre ordered on PC for months.

I have noticed that with this video and the Crysis 3 SP play through video last week that i was not blown away by the graphics at all, yes they look very nice but there is not that WOW feeling like the first time i saw the original Crysis, BF3 or even some AAA console games.

Is it because we are reaching what many people describe as 'diminishing returns' in gaming, where no matter how powerful the hardware is, its getting increasingly difficult to show major graphical leaps without spending more money than the games could ever hope to make at retail or is it because the main engines are still being built around DX9 lvl PS360 hardware which will improve PC gaming a lot when PS4 / 720 arrives ?.

Thanks.

Dennis

Banned
Serious question here, don't lynch me :p.

Im really looking forward to Farcry 3 and have had it pre ordered on PC for months.

I have noticed that with this video and the Crysis 3 SP play through video last week that i was not blown away by the graphics at all, yes they look very nice but there is not that WOW feeling like the first time i saw the original Crysis, BF3 or even some AAA console games.

Is it because we are reaching what many people describe as 'diminishing returns' in gaming, where no matter how powerful the hardware is, its getting increasingly difficult to show major graphical leaps without spending more money than the games could ever hope to make at retail or is it because the main engines are still being built around DX9 lvl PS360 hardware which will improve PC gaming a lot when PS4 / 720 arrives ?.

Thanks.

Its because the developers have little incentive to include a lot of advanced stuff only the PC can use. Lot of money and effort on only one platform? No.

So yeah, when PS4 and Halobox 720 rolls out there will be a big upgrade for PC graphics as well.

Top Bottom