• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1990s Superhero Redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMerc

Not in the same universe where Big time and Spider Island happened.

uhhh... what?
Yes they. they are absolutely 100% in the same universe.
that's why 'amazing spiderman #700' was such a landmark issue -and why there is NO MORE 'the amazing spiderman' series.

Ledsen

STOP

RIGHT

FUCKING

NOW

What did they do to Spiderman???

Spiderman is dead and Doc Oc is the new Spiderman inhabiting his body?
You can't see me but the rumbling you feel is an earthquake caused by my head shaking in hyperspeed

Finaika

His face does not look very adamantium to me. Or his eyes.

I have never read anything with Cyber in it

Wolverine did slash Cyber's face with his claws... and then this happened:

Wolverine079Page17-18.jpg

STOP

RIGHT

FUCKING

NOW

What did they do to Spiderman???

Spiderman is dead and Doc Oc is the new Spiderman inhabiting his body?
You can't see me but the rumbling you feel is an earthquake caused by my head shaking in hyperspeed

its actually surprisingly good.

the point of the arc being that peter is/was a habitual underachiever, and chose to make things harder on himself mostly out of masochism.

Ock is about as smart as peter is (maybe slightly smarter) but is a vastly better hero (so far) since he's neither one of those things.

So far we have Superior spiderman deploying miniature robots to patrol the city for him, coordinate his activities with police and call in backup to minimize casualties, and flat out hiring an army of foot soldiers (as villains tend to do) to take out Kingpin's "shadowland" in a day. There was also an issue where alexander smythe broke out of the raft, and SS literally out prepped him the entire way- everything smythe thought of, SS was already one step ahead. great issue.

He's also functionally stronger than peter was, since he doesn't feel the need to hold back the majority of his abilities. He punched off scorpion's jaw in a single hit- effectively retiring him from crime. the same scorpion that's been plaguing parker since the 60s.

there's no question he's better and the book is quite entertaining. he's REALLY overconfident and much more violent than peter used to be- which is definitely going to bite him in the ass sooner or later. But not before miguel o'hara/spiderman 2099 shows up next issue!

Ledsen

the point of the arc being that peter is/was a habitual underachiever, and chose to make things harder on himself mostly out of masochism.

Ock is about as smart as peter is (maybe slightly smarter) but is a vastly better hero (so far) since he's neither one of those things.

So far we have Superior spiderman deploying miniature robots to patrol the city for him, coordinate his activities with police and call in backup to minimize casualties, and flat out hiring an army of foot soldiers (as villains tend to do) to take out Kingpin's "shadowland" in a day. There was also an issue where alexander smythe broke out of the raft, and SS literally out prepped him the entire way- everything smythe thought of, SS was already one step ahead. great issue.

He's also functionally stronger than peter was, since he doesn't feel the need to hold back the majority of his abilities. He punched off scorpion's jaw in a single hit- effectively retiring him from crime. the same scorpion that's been plaguing parker since the 60s.

there's no question he's better and the book is quite entertaining. he's REALLY overconfident and much more violent than peter used to be- which is definitely going to bite him in the ass sooner or later. But not before miguel o'hara/spiderman 2099 shows up next issue!

You just sold me on the most ridiculous shit I've ever heard. Well done sir. So basically this is the answer to the "Why the fuck didn't he...?" question you've been asking since the dawn of superhero comics?

Also Spiderman 2099 is my favorite Spiderman ever so I hope you're not joking.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Proteus also made Logan cry like a bitch.

yeah but back then you had to earn it, everyone has officially made wolvie tap out at this point, the char has been all about his healing factor these days , nothing about his quickness, supposedly one of the best fighting abilities in all of the marvel U, 80+ years of experience fighting , agi, durability, etc etc. Its a pain reading his comic for the past..like 10 years it seems now he lets henchmen kick his ass at this point. In The Wolverine it was a matter of time till he fucked everything in his way up. Such a good char i dont even know what they wanna do with him lately though. His role as headmaster of a school is pretty cool though WatXM i like.

You just sold me on the most ridiculous shit I've ever heard. Well done sir. So basically this is the answer to the "Why the fuck didn't he...?" question you've been asking since the dawn of superhero comics?

Also Spiderman 2099 is my favorite Spiderman ever so I hope you're not joking.

1.) yes it is. the premise is dumb (body switching has been overdone) but it's really just a means to an end to tell a story about "what if" peter parker legitimately applied himself and didn't fuck around. Every single issue of this has been great.

2.) I'm on board with you for spiderman 2099. Miguel O'hara is/was a very similar character- a legitimate genius, star in his field before obtaining spider powers. Not as experienced as parker in the hero bit, but definitely less prone to screwing around and wasting his talent. details on his arc are sparse, but the premise is that supposedly something is going on that endangers the existence of the 2099 reality, and O'hara traces it back to about this moment in time- arriving like the terminator to eliminate that threat. Should be a great arc, since the two are very well matched- though I think it was said that one of the two is stronger than the other- probably 2099 if I were a betting man.

yeah but back then you had to earn it, everyone has officially made wolvie tap out at this point, the char has been all about his healing factor these days , nothing about his quickness, supposedly one of the best fighting abilities in all of the marvel U, 80+ years of experience fighting , agi, durability, etc etc. Its a pain reading his comic for the past..like 10 years it seems now he lets henchmen kick his ass at this point. In The Wolverine it was a matter of time till he fucked everything in his way up. Such a good char i dont even know what they wanna do with him lately though. His role as headmaster of a school is pretty cool though WatXM i like.

seeing preteen jean grey telepathically knock him out like he was a joke in ANXM is just the icing on that particular cake.

"come on jean you know that's not going to wo- THUD"

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
seeing preteen jean grey telepathically knock him out like he was a joke in ANXM is just the icing on that particular cake.

"come on jean you know that's not going to wo- THUD"

just kill him marvel...you know it would sell like gangbusters...kill wolverine before the young avengers kick his ass next month.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

The story would mean more to me if everyone wasn't completely stupid. Other than wolverine and Cyclops apparently.

MisterHero

They should screw the limited number of universes and bring back Hypertime. And then make a book about a character traveling through them. A DC version of eXiles, if you will.

Cth

So he DID fuck her, but he's not anymore?

I'll spoil it. Trust me, it's worse than it sounds.

Ghost Peter keeps him from putting the moves on MJ, to the point where Doc Ock is so frustrated he just goes home and masturbates to Peter's memories of his time with MJ.

Oh, and Doc Ock has fallen for a midget who's trying to marry him.

Still interested in this trainwreck?

strobogo

Banned

Ghost Peter keeps him from putting the moves on MJ, to the point where Doc Ock is so frustrated he just goes home and masturbates to Peter's memories of his time with MJ.

WAT. That sounds absolutely awful. Who would possibly sign off on that?

iMerc

ok, seeing as that guy was banned he won't be replying, but ANYONE.....

Superior Spiderman is canon for the 616, right?
it's not some alternate universe, 'age of ultron' bullshit, right?

... WHAT. I'm not a comic reader but damn, I want to see this trainwreck. :lol

Village

... WHAT. I'm not a comic reader but damn, I want to see this trainwreck. :lol

If you ever start, you should know that an odd amount , like a very large amount of spider man comic and comic arcs are terrible.

Hey wanna hear about the time about spiderman and the devil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom