• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1995 doesn’t exist.

Scotty W

I realized today that I cannot remember anything that happened in 1995. Now I just happened to be reading about the fake movie Shazam recently (starring Sinbad, the actor) and I realize that 1995 is one of these fake memories that people think they have.

Think about it, what happened in 1995? You don’t remember. Sure, you can go to Wikipedia and post a fictitious post facto list of what happened, but it is bullshit.

So what is supposed to have happened in 1995? Donkey King Country 2 and Doom 2. Two reskins of their predecessors, which, bu the way, I do not recall playing until 1996. Can you name a film that was released in 1995? I know you think you can, but it is all part of the mystery. The film you were going to mention, Strange Days is a cult classic for a reason. No one saw it in 1995, because there was no 1995. In a very subtle way, James Cameron tried to warn us about the dastardly deed that was taking place. Strange Days is about a fake, constructed reality. The warning this film tries to convey is about the construction of our reality. Okokok, so Immanuel Kant says that we perceive reality through space and time.

With this insight, it all becomes clear. They are using the fake memory of 1995 to manipulate time. If you control time, then you also control the other aspect of reality, which is space. In space, you have the world.

It all becomes clear. They invented 1995 for world domination.

On the one hand this is good for many of us who were born before 1995 because it means we are a year younger than we thought. On the other hand, it becomes very bad, because now we don’t know if there have been other years that have been created artificially. Perhaps all years have been artificially created.

Now I know a lot of people are going to be wondering about the Playstation and Saturn. Well, the Saturn was actually released in 1994 and the PlayStation actually quite a bit later than that. Actually if you go back and look at the journalism from around that time, you can see them laughing as they retroactively create 1995, talking about a FUTURISTIC game console which was, drum roll please, literally from the future.

Anyhow, I think that clears things up nicely. The practical takeaway from all of this is that it is actually 2019 until we discover some other lost years. Conduct your lives accordingly.

DrJohnGalt

Banned
I got kicked out of high school in 1995. Also joined the military in 1995. But now that you mention it, both of those seem like they happened to somebody else... Actually most of my life/memories (from any year) don't feel like I actually lived them myself, only watched them.

Scotty W

Everyone is ignoring the thrust of my argument, and is repeating all the lies we have been told for the last 23 years (I think 2002 might also have been made up). Of course there is documentation for 1995, it was written later. All those memories you had actually happened in 1994 or 1996.

And the fact of the matter is, you can’t prove it existed.

brad pitt film GIF

epicnemesis

Everyone is ignoring the thrust of my argument, and is repeating all the lies we have been told for the last 23 years (I think 2002 might also have been made up). Of course there is documentation for 1995, it was written later. All those memories you had actually happened in 1994 or 1996.

I remember watching a bunch of those movies in the theater, your premise is flawed.

INC

Perhaps look into the Mandela effect

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I turned 10 in 1995.

You can't prove any year happened. You can't prove you're a real human. You can't prove that anything is real. This could all be a simulation. Reality is a lie.........

Keep going down this rabbit hole and you'll end up in insanity.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
1995 seemed like a boring year for music, entertainment, and everything. I don't think you missed very much. Vehicles were pretty ugly and politics were pretty mediocre, too. My lost year is 2015. I can remember every year prior but 2015 is like a blank slate for me. Probably because seems like life was pretty rough around that time and got better after 2016.

MacReady13

1995 my football team in the AFL won their last grand final. And I was there as a 15 year old!

I would give ANYTHING to be able to go back to 1995 to live the simpler life. Fuck these overly woke times.

JeTmAn81

Toy Story came out in 1995

This. I remember being "too old" for traditional Disney movies in 1994 with The Lion King and fully jumping aboard the Pixar train in 1995, seeing Toy Story, still my favorite animated film, multiple times in theaters.

T8SC

May I remind you that one of the greatest songs of all time, by the greatest band with the greatest frontman, was released in 1995:

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Top Bottom