• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1CC Lists

PC Gaijin

I rented Otomedius Excellent recently and was able to 1CC the game on Expert mode with several characters (I was able to clear the game on Expert without losing a life using Diol Twee). I pretty much suck at modern shooters, especially the bullet hell variety (I loved shooters through the 16-bit era, but around the time DoDonPachi came out I just couldn't handle them anymore). Otomedius Excellent is a throwback though and very, very easy. Diol Twee's locked options basically make any boss fight a joke.

I was able to 1CC a lot of shooters on the Turbografx-16, but the ones I remember were Raiden and Super Raiden. I was a big Raiden fan (although I never 1CC the arcade version, I stopped playing it when I got the game on the Turbo). I was able to beat Super Raiden once without losing a life.

I am able to clear the first loop on Super Ghouls N Ghosts on the SNES easily enough without using a continue, but I have to use a continue on the second loop. I have actually only beaten Super GnG once since I usually get tired of playing the game on the second time through (the Goddess Bracelet sucks if not powered up). The hardest thing about the game to me is actually the time limit in the castle, not the other things in the game. I think the slowdown makes the game fairly easy outside of the time limit in the castle. I have never been any good at the other GnG games though. I'm only decent at Super GnG because I played the hell out of it.

I rented Otomedius Excellent recently and was able to 1CC the game on Expert mode with several characters (I was able to clear the game on Expert without losing a life using Diol Twee). I pretty much suck at modern shooters, especially the bullet hell variety (I loved shooters through the 16-bit era, but around the time DoDonPachi came out I just couldn't handle them anymore). Otomedius Excellent is a throwback though and very, very easy. Diol Twee's locked options basically make any boss fight a joke.

I was able to 1CC a lot of shooters on the Turbografx-16, but the ones I remember were Raiden and Super Raiden. I was a big Raiden fan (although I never 1CC the arcade version, I stopped playing it when I got the game on the Turbo). I was able to beat Super Raiden once without losing a life.

Otomedius really is pretty easy. I think it's still a pretty cool game though. I had the character select theme stuck in my head for days.

Raiden is pretty tough. I never played the Turbografx versions, but the arcade versions just destroy me. I suck at all those fast bullets, slow ship, giant hitbox type games.

Just got an Espgaluda 1CC. What an awesome, awesome game. I had tried the game a couple of times before but had never given it a serious shot. I went into the game thinking that it required a considerable amount of memorization due to not knowing where you will get gems and some boss patterns almost requiring kakusai. That turned out not to be the case at all. What I got instead was a game that allows you to recover from mistakes and seems incredibly open as far as its scoring system goes. This game is just incredible, everything from the music, stage layouts, game mechanics, all of it, is just top notch. This game is shooting straight up towards the top of my favorite Cave games.

The clear wasn't too bad in this one. I started playing the game seriously on Tuesday, so it only took me a couple of days. I had no missed up to Stage 5 in this run, which was neat. And unlike certain other Cave games (here's looking at you Futari) I could consistently reach the last boss every time with a little practice. However, the last boss is a huge asshole. His first two health bars aren't too bad, but the final life bar is quite difficult. But don't let that scare you. Overall, this has to rank on the easier side of things, maybe only slightly harder than Deathsmiles.

The scoring system in this game is really good. I play primarily for survival but I can see myself going back to this game and trying to improve my score.

I think this is an absolutely great game for beginners to start off with. I wish I would have discovered it sooner.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also: I got to 2-4 on Batsugun Special on my first try a few weeks ago. I think the base difficulty is lower than the regular version. I was able to 1-life clear the first loop but the second loop throws suicide bullets at you, which is a lot of fun. It would be a fun goal to try to clear the second loop. When I go back to the game, I'll probably be playing the special version for now on. But that first loop is really, really easy...

Tain

I got into Espgaluda in 2006 and still haven't beaten it thanks to that final boss, lol. Just gotta pound away and no-miss everything!

I do think it's a great game to start with. It's easy, but not Daifukkatsu on Strong or Deathsmiles easy.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
I feel like this thread needs to be accompanied by some YouTube links or something. I wanna see these 1cc skills in action dammit!

[AC] Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu (Resurrection) (2-3) B-Power
[AC] Dodonpachi Daioujou (Blissful Death) (2-2 Boss) C-Expert
[AC] Mushihimesama Original
[AC] Mushihimesama Black Label Original and Maniac Reco, Palm
[AC/360] Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 Original and Maniac Reco, Palm
[AC] Akai Katana (Type 2 and 3)
[360] Deathsmiles All Characters Clear
[360] Deathsmiles Mega Black Label (Follett)
[360] Muchi Muchi Pork! 1.01 (2-1, Ikuo)
[360] Muchi Muchi Pork! Arrange (Rafute)
[360] Pink Sweets Arrange (Shasta)
[360] Akai Katana Arcade (Type 1, 2 and 3)
[360] Akai Katana Shin (Type 2)
[360] Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu (Resurrection) Arrange A (B-type)
[360] Eschatos (Original and Advanced, Normal difficulty)
[360] Strania: the Stellar Machine (Normal difficulty)
[360] Mamoru-kun wa Norowarette Shimatta (all difficulties)
[PS3] Mamoru-kun wa Norowarette Shimatta (all difficulties+mission mode)

Still so much out there to conquer.

On my agenda for a 1CC:

Under Defeat
Dodonpachi Resurrection A-Power (more of a score run actually)
Espgaluda II Black Label

Man, seeing this thread really made me miss DoDonPachi. I heard they made sequels, but I never checked them out because I wasn't about to pay $100+ bucks through PlayAsia for a shmup. Went on YouTube and SUDDENLY, LOLIS EVERYWHERE

That was uh...unexpected

Tain

It's probably going to be a while before I revisit DFK 1.5, given that I'm more on the Black Label side... Where would you put a DFK 1.5 clear using the non-Strong types, difficulty-wise?

and the akai katana thing is long overdue ;_;

Ryn

[360] DeathSmiles with Rosa
[AC] Golden Axe co-op
[PS2] Shienryu Explosion

Hardcore! .. =(

...though I've played Mushihimesama Futari, Espgaluda II, Espgaluda, Donpachi, Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu, and always getting stuck on the 4th (or 5th for some) stages. Sigh.

It's probably going to be a while before I revisit DFK 1.5, given that I'm more on the Black Label side... Where would you put a DFK 1.5 clear using the non-Strong types, difficulty-wise?

and the akai katana thing is long overdue ;_;

Power is harder than people think it is. This is all due to 1-5. Almost anybody can no-miss up to 1-5 and subsequently lose all their lives trying to get through it due to the vicious hyper rank increase that lasts the entire stage. Still, it is on the easier end. Bomb is of course easy as shit.

I would put a Power clear here under Akai Katana since both games involve a quasi-invincibility mechanic.

My personal shame stories:

・Practiced Ketsui for months, could not 1CC the game
・Got to Espgaluda 1 boss with 4 lives, failed to defeat it
・Have never gotten anywhere close to beating Espgaluda II

[AC] Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu (Resurrection) (2-3) B-Power
[AC] Dodonpachi Daioujou (Blissful Death) (2-2 Boss) C-Expert
[AC] Mushihimesama Original
[AC] Mushihimesama Black Label Original and Maniac Reco, Palm
[AC/360] Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 Original and Maniac Reco, Palm
[AC] Akai Katana (Type 2 and 3)
[360] Deathsmiles All Characters Clear
[360] Deathsmiles Mega Black Label (Follett)
[360] Muchi Muchi Pork! 1.01 (2-1, Ikuo)
[360] Muchi Muchi Pork! Arrange (Rafute)
[360] Pink Sweets Arrange (Shasta)
[360] Akai Katana Arcade (Type 1, 2 and 3)
[360] Akai Katana Shin (Type 2)
[360] Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu (Resurrection) Arrange A (B-type)
[360] Eschatos (Original and Advanced, Normal difficulty)
[360] Strania: the Stellar Machine (Normal difficulty)
[360] Mamoru-kun wa Norowarette Shimatta (all difficulties)
[PS3] Mamoru-kun wa Norowarette Shimatta (all difficulties+mission mode)

Still so much out there to conquer.

On my agenda for a 1CC:

Under Defeat
Dodonpachi Resurrection A-Power (more of a score run actually)
Espgaluda II Black Label

Nice. Some pretty challenging stuff in there. One of these days hopefully I can beat DDP DOJ.

braves01

Banned
Just 1 cc'd Bug Princess 2 maniac on normal with a final score of 205 mil., which would be top 20 on the leader boards if not for the bug.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I "2-All'd" Contra for NES. Quit after I beat it the second time though, but I was on a roll and could have kept going. 1CC'd it a couple other times. It's my go-to game when I'm visiting my grandparents and nothing is going on since they still have an NES hooked up.

I love Arcade-games, but I usually can't 1CC most of them... but there are exceptions!

My 1CCs...

[NES] Probotector 1
[NG] Metal Slug 1 & X
[360] Deathsmiles (with Windia, Rosa and Casper so far)
[Gen] Thunderforce III (also on Hard)

if they count...
[DC] Crazy Taxi
[AC/Shenmueemulation :D] Outrun

and many fightinggames, but that's not really what this thread is asking for I guess...
kinda sad considering I play many Cave, SNK and SEGA games but really don't master them :/

mclem

I can only think of one game I've 1CCed, and it's, well, an odd one.

[ARC] Prop Cycle.

We had it in the student union at university for a while, and I had a friend who was experienced with it who tipped me off a few techniques.

I just 1-ALL'd Xexex today.

eBymh.png

You might be asking, "What on earth is a Xexex?," right about now. Xexex is pretty much Konami's R-Type. You have a detachable pod that you can move around the stage and use to block enemies and bullets. The pod has up to three tentacles and slowly chases the closest enemy. The pod does a tremendous amount of damage to enemies, but its hard to position correctly. You also get a powerful charge attack if you keep the pod attached to your ship, so this game revolves around knowing when to keep the pod attached and when not to.

The visuals and presentation of this game are really good for a game from 1991. The animation is excellent, and there are lots of cool visual effects. There are fully voiced cutscenes before each stage which are kinda cool. Every stage has a unique theme, and the music can be really good at times, especially the stage 4 and stage 6 songs. Like R-Type, this game is a straight up memorizer. Only two stages, stages 3 and 5, have you dodging a lot of bullets, everything else is tricks and traps. There are a few of the old Konami tropes in there as well. There's a cube rush, an asteroid field, and a sequence where you have to escape through a very narrow hallway. I accidentally picked up a Speed Up right before the narrow hallway, and I had to squeeze through the gaps like a spaz at the end there.

I was able to 1 life clear the first loop, but I think its possible to recover provided you die at certain spots. This one took me about a week, so it puts up some challenge but it's completely doable. I think I'm going to take a break from shmups for a while and focus on some other things, at least until Akai Katana comes out over here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll be uploading some videos soon, provided I can borrow my friend's capture card for a bit. No replay for this game unfortunately, MAME runs slow if I try to record the inputs.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
grats. xexex's last boss is pitifully easy after the brutal memorizer that is the final stage.

i'm still angry the game never got a proper home version.

grats. xexex's last boss is pitifully easy after the brutal memorizer that is the final stage.

i'm still angry the game never got a proper home version.

Yeah, most of the bosses are really easy in this game. And the two hardest ones for me, the stage 1 and stage 4 bosses, are trivial when you discover that they both have a safe spot. The stages on the other hand...

vulva

this thread makes me happy since I've only 1cc'd a few days but thought I was awful at shooters. Now I know struggling to 1cc games isn't that uncommon. Makes me feel a bit less frustrated at myself.

GooeyHeat

I've never 1cc'd anything... But I'd like to. Where should I start? Suggest shoot-em-ups or beat-em-ups, or other things too! Maybe start with something a little easy? BUT NOT TOO EASY, FOR I WANT TO WORK FOR MY TRIUMPH!

this thread makes me happy since I've only 1cc'd a few days but thought I was awful at shooters. Now I know struggling to 1cc games isn't that uncommon. Makes me feel a bit less frustrated at myself.

One credit clearing games is pretty hard. Of course, it varies wildly depending on the game. No one has ever cleared Futari 1.01 Ultra. Other games like Deathsmiles are pretty doable with a little practice.

I've never 1cc'd anything... But I'd like to. Where should I start? Suggest shoot-em-ups or beat-em-ups, or other things too! Maybe start with something a little easy? BUT NOT TOO EASY, FOR I WANT TO WORK FOR MY TRIUMPH!

The first game I 1cc'd was Touhou 08: Imperishable Night. It was a pretty big accomplishment for me at the time.

Deathsmiles is the ultimate beginner game. It's satisfying to beat, but not so hard that it's impossible to start off with.

I'd also recommend:

Touhou 06 - Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
Touhou 07 - Perfect Cherry Blossom
Battle Bakraid (Normal Course)
Armed Police Batrider (Normal Course)
Mushi Futari 1.5 Original Black Label
Thunderforce III
M.U.S.H.A.
Espgaluda

A lot of these are among my favorites, and they should be doable for beginners. Though it will take some time and practice.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
^^^^^
i'd say Thundeforce IV ntsc Genesis is pretty fucking easy to 1cc,

I'm trying to 1cc Bubble Bobble (Arcade) with the good ending, been trying on and off for 20 years lol, but I just can't. Too fucking hard. Did any if you guys achieve such a thing?

Fun thread! I'm quiet envious of everyone's accomplishments, as I hardly have the time or patience to stick with a game long enough to clear it on a credit-- and this is coming from a guy who owns an Astro City with original arcade boards.

So here is my measly list so far. Black Dragon and Rastan Saga are awesome, but quite easy. For each one, it only took about a week of occasional play to clear them on a credit. Tatsujin, however, was another story. I believe it took me 2 months of sweat, tears, blood, etc.. I love Toaplan games, though.

[AC] Black Dragon
[AC] Rastan Saga
[AC] Tatsujin

Just for fun, here's an upload of a 1cc for Black Dragon. I did it mostly to test the recording function in MAME, but ended up clearing it. It doesn't show any great skill, but I got the job done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxiTmZkGDy4

I beat Akai Katana Slash today. Final score 372 Million.

I've been playing this on and off again since it came out. Nothing too hard, I just hadn't given it too much time. I got so close on my earlier run today. I was seconds from killing the last boss but I got trapped in a nasty pastern and died. I was determined, so I fired up the game again and was super focused and got the 1CC. I had a life to spare so that was kinda cool. I'll definitely be returning to this one. I love shooting the katanas at enemies, its so satisfying. No one really visualizes scoring quite like Cave.

hYyfu.jpg

Just finished a 1CC of Raiden Fighters Jet.

I took the path that ends at Sim 35. I played the US version so that game loops over after that. I didn't last very long in the loop with all the suicide bullets and the crazy bullet speed. This game has a really weird level branching system. Depending on how well you do on the stages you can end up taking alternate paths.

This is a pretty cool game. It has really nice pacing and the secrets in the stages are fun to uncover. I used the Miculus, which is a pretty standard ship that looks like a little dragon with a powerful instant bomb and a smaller hitbox (well by Raiden standards), at a cost of not having missiles. These fast bullet, slow ship, giant hit box type games can be pretty tough. Towards the end, some of the patterns move at Raiden speed but have Cave-like complexity to them. Luckily the game gives you plenty of bombs to get through the more difficult parts. Fun game, but I think I like a few similar titles like Battle Bakraid a little more.

I'm going to give this one some more time and try to beat Sim 50 and go for the ALL2 condition.

I just beat Darius Gaiden Extra.

Darius Gaiden Extra is an official hack of sorts - commissioned by Taito, I believe - and it makes some changes to the original Darius Gaiden. It adds autofire, and two additional power up levels to your weapon, as well as rearranging the stage order.

There's no denying that Darius Gaiden Extra starts off with a bang, pitting you up against Crusty Hammer in the first stage. The game gets easier from there though. The trick is to just stay alive so that you don't lose your weapon levels. You power up much faster, and the bosses go down fairly quick. Pretty easy stuff after you've played the game a few times.

This game was a fun diversion though, and a good excuse to explore the world of Darius Gaiden once again. Gotta love that music and presentation. It's so unique to this game.

I'm sure I have others I'm forgetting, but...

R-Type Delta (PS1)
Battletoads (NES)
Crisis Zone (arcade)
Time Crisis (arcade)

my first 1CC was Thunder Cross.

32ZgP.png

i don't have a huge 1CC list if i think about it. i give up at the last stage or last boss most of time, sadly.

I beat R-Type a few days ago. I can't believe shmups could be this good back in the mid 80's. I was hooked right from the start and probably put in 15-20 hours over the course of 3 days. R-Type is an instant classic, and has to be in the running for one of the best games of the 80's. Hard to believe that this game was only one year removed from Gradius, considering how much more modern it feels. I really should have played this one earlier...

I hadn't kept up to date with MAME and only recently discovered that the newer versions of MAME have AVI recording, so I made a video of this one. Uncompressed AVI's are huge!! This one came in at 28 GB. I compressed it down to a more reasonable size and it should be on Youtube within the hour.

If you're interested you can check out the replay here.

I figured I'd follow up playing R-Type by playing what else, another R-Type game. I spent that last couple of days playing through R-Type Leo. Although R-Type Leo is a R-Type game in name only since there is no force pod and the level design is much more open. That doesn't make it a bad game, far from it really, just a game that feels like it belongs in another series.

This game is a lot more forgiving than the original R-Type. Recovery from death is pretty easy and there are no checkpoints. This one only took a couple of days to beat. Pretty cool game, though I don't think it measures up to the original. Here's a replay if you're interested.

I finally beat Thunderforce IV.

Thunderforce III is one of my favorite games of all time, so it figures that I should also be really into the sequel as well. Thunderforce IV ups the difficulty quite a bit compared to it's predecessor. Things start getting tough around stage 8, but once the music gets this epic, you just can't give up.

As a side note, the US release of Thunderforce IV is called Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar. That's not the same spelling as lightning, as in nature's awesome destructive force that can light up the sky and send a DeLorean back in time, but lightening as in lightening the amount of force you are about to unleash on the enemies. Also, I never heard anything about a quest or a darkstar. Moronic title aside, Lightening Force is still the same great game as Thunderforce IV.

No replay on this one. FRAPS refused to cooperate.

I 1CC'd Ikaruga today on easy.

This one has been a long time coming. I played about 20 hours on the Gamecube, 10 hours on a GC emulator, and another 10 hours or so on the Xbox 360.

Normally I don't bother with easy difficulty settings, but Ikaruga is one tough game at any difficulty.

The survival part at the very end is especially tough; those criss-crossing bullets are so hard to read. It was really hard for me to steady my nerves and make it through all the bullets at the end there. All that build up and it could be over in a second if you make a mistake. That's what makes shmups so special though.

Congrats man.

An Ikaruga Normal Clear is one of my long-term goals. Incidentally did the cheevo pop when you cleared it? I would assume it's Normal and up.

My proudest 1CCs are Super Contra and Dragon Spirit. Especially Dragon Spirit, because Area 9 is BRUTAL. I had mastered the first 8 stages but that 9th one would do me in every time.

Congrats man.

An Ikaruga Normal Clear is one of my long-term goals. Incidentally did the cheevo pop when you cleared it? I would assume it's Normal and up.
Thanks.

Yeah, it popped on easy with the default extend rate.

I'd like to do a Normal clear some day, but I don't think I'm worthy. I'll probably try to maximize my score though.

Tain

Damn, To Far Away Times, clearing everything. R-Type is one that I absolutely need to get back to. And Thunderforce IV is one that I was dabbling in a few months ago...

I've been playing Recca lately. It's not an arcade STG, but it's very much structured like one. About 20 minutes long, fast. The standard course doesn't seem as hard as its reputation would have you think, but we'll see.

ToxicAdam

My proudest video gaming achievement: Ghost n' Goblins (Arcade)

other 1CC's:

Contra NES
Zelda NES
Double Dragon (Arcade)
Rush n Attack (Arcade)

Viewtify

Banned
Grats on the Ikarruga 1CC. I did it about a year ago, and recently I have been working on normal. I can probably easily do it if I shoot everything on the screen and not worry about chains, but what would be the fun in that? I must get A rank or higher on each level for it to count.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've been thinking of picking up House of the Dead for PS3 (whichever version/s are available) and trying to 1CC it. Is it possible? Of all the times I've played that game, it feels incredibly cheap (at the arcade).

Jockel

Uh... this is going to be a short list.

Karous (DC)
Illvelo (Wii)
Armed Police: Batrider - Normal Course (Arcade)
Deathsmiles - No EX (Arcade)
Deathsmiles 2X (X360)
Batsugun Special - First 2 Loops cleared (Arcade)
Mushihimesama - Original (Arcade)
Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 - Original (Arcade)
Mushihimesama Futari Black Label - Original (X360)

... and I just traded my Batsugun Special PCB for a Battle Garegga. So I'm trying to clear that. Looking forward to months of practice D;

ihA7F.png

I just did a 1-All on DoDonPachi Daioujou Black Label right now.

My heart is still pounding, and I have a knot in my throat, but I did it. This is the one game that I always wanted to beat but never could. I'd say this one took about 60+ hours over the last year or so to do. I played just one credit tonight, but it was a good one. I only died once when I had a bomb left over, everything else went great.

I started this run originally to plan out my bomb distribution, but I was having a good credit so I decided to play it normally. Unfortunately, this is the one run I didn't record, because I was just going in to practice, rather than actually do a full run.

I no missed through the first three stages, but I had to bomb a couple times on the third boss. I lost my first life at the cannon, and was able to bomb spam through most of stage 5. I got to the final boss with 2 lives, my current life had one bomb left, and I had a full bomb stock for the last life. Things didn't get too crazy during the final boss because I had enough resources to cheese it. I finished the game with one extra bomb in stock.

This game is definitely the hardest game I've ever beaten. It's harder than Futari, which I think had previously pushed me to my absolute limit.

The past month or so I had dedicated to beating games that I had given up on previously: Thunderforce IV, Ikaruga, and DDP DOJ BL. I think I'll be winding down considerably after this. I've been playing these games way too much (lol), and I've got a lot of other stuff to work on, including an album, and some other projects.

Anyways, lets keep this thread active guys, I've had a lot of fun here.

Top Bottom