• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 5.11 (The Darkness, Pokemon, Left 4 Dead, Halo 2 Humpday Challenge)

jtardiou said:
It seems obvious that they warped the ending of the tournament. If they had legitimately won, it would have been significantly different. Besides, anyone who is good at Halo knows that Luke, or whoever was playing, is awful.
I wouldn't say 'awful', but he talks a much bigger game for sure

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
The Darkness looks amazing. It looks to have a nice polish that makes a game pop out visually. I love the outer glowing effect when you call the darklings? (I think thats when it occurs). Biting off faces is going to be real enjoyable.

I must admit that Left4Dead is now in my top 5 list of most anticipated 360 games.

The Darkness looks pretty sweet too but I'll (hopefully, if it's better) get that for PS3.

VibratingDonkey said:
Seems like everyone's gonna buy Left 4 Dead since it looks awesome and all. But which version? I'm having mind making up problems. :(

4 player over XBL w/ headsets = :D

I'm not a PC gamer, so I'm very excited that it's headed to X360.

Mr_Furious said:
I must admit that Left4Dead is now in my top 5 list of most anticipated 360 games.

The Darkness looks pretty sweet too but I'll (hopefully, if it's better) get that for PS3.

The only difference will be the in-game TV channels, there'll be more shows on the PS3 version thanks to Blu Ray.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
jtardiou said:
It seems obvious that they warped the ending of the tournament. If they had legitimately won, it would have been significantly different. Besides, anyone who is good at Halo knows that Luke, or whoever was playing, is awful.

Left 4 Dead looks cool though, when does that come out?

:lol :lol

The Darkness doesn't look like its going to beat Riddick. (though I hope Im wrong)

Left 4 Dead looks absolutely awesome though, when is it due?

Zen

Banned
Stinkles said:
I value my gaf privileges. I would swear a ban that their version of events is incorrect. We won. The first three games were the real ones. As you can see from the intervening random games, we were having NAT difficulties. Apart from anything else, we simply couldn't afford to not count the games we could party up in.

And again, where is this magical audio of us calling "practice round?"

That's right. In Kathleen's mind. Even if she does drink water in slo mo out of a garden hose...

Then swear a ban, the game had no record of the betrayal right? Explain that one :p

Gowans

Great show,

Really good coverage of L4D & The Darkness nice too see for two games that havn't really been highlighted before.

A great point out about The Darkness wanting to start with jumping straight into the game, I' love to see that, come on guys fight the red tape :D

As for L4D Katheens really on a roll this series as Ryans quited up a little, shes been given such descriptive and interesting monologs on her game experiences and thoughts, really good stuff.

Ryans doing a great job getting that info being a informal host asking the questions and steering the covo but I do miss the debates the used to happen outside with che and a smoke :)

Natedeezy

The Darkness graphically looks like a lot of fun...I'm a sucker for weapons that take up a a lot of the screen...and are alive...and move... hopefully the gameplay will be good
Left for dead looks like a sweet take on the zombie game...We'll see if the melee-push off move is balanced correctly as when dozens of zombies are all over you it might be difficult to pull off anything offensively

Farewell to Luke as well, you crack me up... :D

Ca1amity

Neo Member
I gotta admit, after seeing the Darkness in action I'm loving the overall theme and direction of the game (dark powers, snake sneaking, heart eating etc.) but, its specific style and physical presentation is kinda putting me off a bit. The game is back on my radar, but I'm less excited now than I used to be to play it.

For me, like a lot of the rest of you, Left4Dead has jumped right on to my list of shit to watch like a hawk - Kathleen's description of their play time really sold it for me. If the events she described turn out to be indicative of a gameplay experience you can expect to have every time you play, this game will be huge.

As for Pokemon - I havent played since Gold/Silver and didnt really expect to play another one (at least without a major revision to the formula; multi-mon battles (as shown in that one section) and full animations for example). But, with old school trainer friends now spread across universites, online play might be just enough of a hook to get me to poke my mans in the next few weeks.
Also, Shane has WAY too ****ing many pokemon plushes

Finally with regards to the humpday challenge, and I guess Stinkles in particular since he's here; if the 1UP kids turn out to have some proof of the "practice" round and/or Bungie QQ'n, youre gonna be looking pretty sad - its probably best to say nothing at least for the next week or so, dont wanna get owned on the next 1UP Show. If it really was that close - rematch it suckas! (But give Luke back to 1UP for equal conditions and no wiggle room)

<3 lukems, one hell of a writer/show personality as far as im concerned - gonna miss his humor, he was a sarcastic dick like me

Kuroyume

Banned
This was a great episode this week. All the content was interesting except for one name.

The Darkness looks great.

Pokemon looks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring. Jesus christ.... I would rather watch paint dry.

Left 4 Dead looks freaking amazing. I WANT IT NOW. They should have gotten the 28 weeks license.

The Halo 2 match was fun to watch.

Top Bottom