• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1UP Show 7.14 (Aquaria, GT5:P, No More Heroes)

_leech_ said:
I just hope they don't pull a Poochie like they did when Che left.
Hmmm I don't recall that since I started watching sometime after that. I started watching when they did their Resistance previews.
Crushed said:
Aquaria and NMH!

Too bad GT5 is in the middle, but oh well.
And why is that? Save the best for last? Or is this a set up for a joke?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
watership said:
Aquaria = Ecco the Dolphin I swear to god.

Perhaps aesthetically, but the design itself is much closer to Super Metroid.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Seriously, I can only agree with how awesome this Sony add is. Where were all the marketing pros a couple of weeks ago?

HAhaha I knew they would be negative on GT5:p. Especially the price. And why does Ryan think this isn't work towards GT5? And that David Ellis guy with all of his shrugs and SF smugness. It's just like that South Park where the guys close there eyes while spitting out their points.

And why does he call the online a beta like it's a negative? It's coming Dec.25 and it'll only help the full online in GT5. hmm

[eye's closed]**I like to be part of the solution and not the problem.......***[/eye's closed]

Thanksssssss

Oh well at least he pointed out that the dude in the car shifts at all times.
Y2Kev said:
Those PS3 ads are awesome, but where's LAIR???
I don't know dude

Whats up with the demo? ;P

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Next episode = STREET FIGHTER IV GAMEPLAY VIDEO.

caldazar

watership said:
Aquaria = Ecco the Dolphin I swear to god.

Do you shoot things, cast spells, and create powerups by mixing ingredients in Ecco? (Serious question, I haven't played it because I always presumed it was a pure puzzle/non-violent game, but so many people are saying it's just like Aquaria that maybe I should go back and give it a shot)

Crushed said:
No, I just don't like GT.
Yeah and I think No more Heroes looks stupid and boring. Especially waggling that wand the whole time you play. The gameplay just looks kind of shallow and slow compared to a Ninja Gaiden or DMC.

Anyone else think the guy with the fro came straight outa of the game itself? :lol Sure looked like it :p

theBishop

Banned
Ugh... the extended theme song... KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

pretty good coverage. it'll be interesting to see which (if any) console-maker snags Aquaria. seems like FlOw with a point, which could be cool.

I liked the 2 guys who covered No More Heroes, good discussion of play mechanics, pros, cons, etc. No check-in on Shane and Halo3? Denied!

Better than last week, but the lineup wasn't all that interesting to me.

kassatsu

Banned
BAWWWWWWWWWWW $40 for a demo BAWWWWWWWWWWW.

They should at least have a fan of the series there to talk about it. Where was Garnett?

Edit: Let's compare a sandbox racing game (Burnout) with a Driving Simulator (GT5). Ryan shut the fuck up.

Aquaria actually looks pretty damn cool. I'll totally check it out.

That ending sucked, though; it was just an advertisement for the SF4 special and season 8.
kassatsu said:

They should at least have a fan of the series there to talk about it. Where was Garnett?
So just because they've done it before means that it's okay to ask you to potentially invest $100 in the game? Great logic there.

kassatsu said:

Edit: Let's compare a sandbox racing game (Burnout) with a Driving Simulator (GT5). Ryan shut the fuck up.

Wow! :)

kassatsu

Banned
I AM JOHN! said:
So just because they've done it before means that it's okay to ask you to potentially invest $100 in the game? Great logic there.
I am fine with that, and since it will have online play the replay value is sure there.

binaryburrito said:
Hi there :)

kassatsu said:
I am fine with that, and since it will have online play the replay value is sure there.
Well, I'd submit that you're part of the problem, but hey, so long as you're fine with it.
InterMoniker said:
Yeah and I think No more Heroes looks stupid and boring. Especially waggling that wand the whole time you play. The gameplay just looks kind of shallow and slow compared to a Ninja Gaiden or DMC.
Because it's not supposed to be anything like DMC or Ninja Gaiden. It's been pretty obvious from the word "go" that the game is pretty much Suda's fucked-up version of Zelda, and the combat looks about as deep.

KTallguy

Banned
I really didn't like Aquaria too much... the level design leaves a lot to be desired. At least, from what I played in the demo. If the game was more tightly designed I'd like it a lot more.

DanielJohnson said:
Aquaria is interesting...the system specs aren't too high are they?
Aquaria's FAQ said:
1.6Ghz
256MB RAM
Mid/High-End Video Card
Latest Video Card Drivers w/ OpenGL support
Sound Card
200 Mb Free Hard Disk Space
Full game is $30(!!), but there's a demo.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Tieno said:
I'm getting great speeds.
1upspeed.png

ePenis what what

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
As usual, a well put together show. I always like the (sometimes) sped-up gameplay behind the credits, that's a sweet touch.

No More Heroes looks like brainless fun, i'll keep my eye out for that.

I AM JOHN! said:
Full game is $30(!!), but there's a demo.
Ambrosia are on a Mac port too because it uses OpenGL. Might be Mactel only though :(
They should outsource a port to Wii if they sell enough, makes sense for them to go onto their next project asap while they are free-agents.

Lee N

Membre
Seems they have fixed their servers..

snVareZvO.png

I've been getting lousy speeds lately, but now it's alright again.

Birbo

Opus Angelorum said:
Kathleen is going this episode.

What?! NOO!!!! Man, I'm going to miss her. She's cute, she's hip, she's got style AND she knows games. In my top five for sure. Gonna have to download it just for her.

Best of luck in the new job!

I didn't see anything in Aquaria that made it appealing. Maybe show some gameplay/conflict next time.

No way I'm in for a GT paid demo. I'm actually of like mind with them. GT needs to change significantly for me to really care this time. I guess I'm falling out of love with the sims. =(

No More Heroes looks like 10 bags of ass. I can see how some would like it though.

Where's Kath going in Seattle?

Top Bottom