• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1UP Yours - Podcast - 01/05/2007

Nameless

We're back in action after a two week "layoff," as Garnett perhaps inaccurately put it. And even though this traditionally the slowest part of the year for gaming news, we've still got a lot to catch up on. Shane finally unpacks his PS3 for some quality time with Gran Turismo HD and Motorstorm. After calling in aerial funk support, Luke gets past the Jamiroquai song in Elite Beat Agents, John's been playing himself some of that Crackdown, and Garnett tried to play Supreme Commander.

Download:

http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/Podcasts/010507.mp3

Length:

1:30:30

LJ11

John-Two platform future, and he sees MS as being one of them because of their "bigger pockets."

Who will be the 2nd?

I happen to agree with his statement.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think John thinks 360 and DS.

Unless he is not considering handhelds. He's put forth that viewpoint previously, though, he just includes PS2 usually.

LukeSmith

DenogginizerOS said:
DSL is a part of the mix methinks

A big goddamn part of it. DSL was the best system of last year, period. 2007 should be the year of the 360. But when I sat down at the end of the year and thought about what I played the most, where I gamed the most -- it was absolutely on my DSL.

Safe Bet

Banned
Oh wait...

This is just another "SONY DOOMED!" thread?

Nevermind then...

*delete post*

Sorry to take up your time...

Scoot said:
A big goddamn part of it. DSL was the best system of last year, period. 2007 should be the year of the 360. But when I sat down at the end of the year and thought about what I played the most, where I gamed the most -- it was absolutely on my DSL.
opinions and all that

Wollan

Scoot said:
Nintendo.

PS3 world wide numbers will catch up to X360 this year. Finishing the fight 2007. From there the gap will just widen and widen.

Thumbs up for your comment on potential hardcore player dwindling (thanks Wii). If it happens (won't), a new hobby is due.

Reilly

Scoot said:
DSL was the best system of last year, period.

03gm1.jpg

2006 was the year of PS2.

Y2Kev

Crackdown -- the next Xbox movement after Lost Planet

haha

MOVE TO VIVA PINATA YOU ****S

Gigglepoo

Scoot said:
Skip Lost Planet, play Viva then go to Crackdown.

What if I've already put a million hours into Viva? Can I play Lost Planet? Seems like the best console January release this year.

LJ11

Luke's Halo 3 Beta comments were strange. How is it a polished, final, finished product if it's a Beta?

Y2Kev

Gigglepoo said:
What if I've already put a million hours into Viva? Can I play Lost Planet? Seems like the best console January release this year.

Rogue Galaxy

edit: MMPU sequel is not coming. Sold like 2 copies.

Gigglepoo

Scoot said:

Duh

I just assume everyone uses it at this point. I'm not buying Lost Planet. I still feel dirty for plopping down so much on Gears of War, which now collects dust.

January is all about Lost Planet and Phoenix Wright for me. I may check out Rogue Galaxy is the GAF hype is deafening, although I wasted a Gamefly rental on Yakuza thanks to you bastards.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Wait a minute...skip has been playing Guitar Hero II for 360?? Anything you can share with us, skip? Or is there a preview coming soon? I would really like to know more about the differences in the 360 version...along with the new (I hope!) songs. :)

skip

Kiriku said:
Wait a minute...skip has been playing Guitar Hero II for 360?? Anything you can share with us, skip? Or is there a preview coming soon? I would really like to know more about the differences in the 360 version...along with the new (I hope!) songs. :)

embargo and whatnot. next week I think is when we can talk.

LukeSmith

LJ11 said:
Luke's Halo 3 Beta comments were strange. How is it a polished, final, finished product if it's a Beta?

From what I've been told that package that will be the Halo 3 beta will be a pretty finalized segment of the multiplayer experience. I'd guess that a lot of the beta part of what we'll be getting is server load, host assignment and other smart-people type stuff.

LJ11

Scoot said:
From what I've been told that package that will be the Halo 3 beta will be a pretty finalized segment of the multiplayer experience. I'd guess that a lot of the beta part of what we'll be getting is server load, host assignment and other smart-people type stuff.

Sounds good, but can we expect a patch on Day 1 if and when people discover bugs?

Odysseus

Banned
LJ11 said:
John-Two platform future, and he sees MS as being one of them because of their "bigger pockets."

Who will be the 2nd?

I happen to agree with his statement.

how about a no platform future

Top Bottom