• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1up Zelda Twilight Princess review

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I'm rather startled, really. Don't know what to make of this review. Didn't Parish complain about YI DS because it was too hard or something? Does that mean TP will be too easy? Maybe Parish paid someone else to play it while he watched or something.

charlequin said:
Given the level of direct involvement with this game displayed by Miyamoto (and the amount of pride and excitement in it displayed by Iwata) in those roundtable development discussions, I don't understand how people can still be operating under the assumption that these kind of games are in any danger.

It doesn't matter. TP HAS to sell fantastically. Do you think if the game sells as much as WW, despite having devoted more manpower, resources and money, Nintendo would want to make such an ambitious project again? Not saying they won't, but they are obviously expecting massive returns on this game.

Game-Biz

Oblivion said:
I'm rather startled, really. Don't know what to make of this review. Didn't Parish complain about YI DS because it was too hard or something? Does that mean TP will be too easy? Maybe Parish paid someone else to play it while he watched or something.
According to Matt C. from IGN, TP's difficulty is on par with MM & OoT.

Chrono

Banned
Oblivion said:
It doesn't matter. TP HAS to sell fantastically. Do you think if the game sells as much as WW, despite having devoted more manpower, resources and money, Nintendo would want to make such an ambitious project again? Not saying they won't, but they are obviously expecting massive returns on this game.

QFT.

I'm buying two copies of each version. First time I'm doing anything like this. :lol

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Well, for now, Twilight Princess is on par with Ocarina of Time. Gamespot, IGN, Eurogamers and Famitsu's reviews are what I'm most waiting for.

My guess is that Twilight Princess will have an average or 9.8 or 9.9 at the end (9.8 is more likely).

The fact that its on par is even more incredible, considering:

1. OoT was basically a revolution in Zelda gameplay, camera, and perspective.
2. OoT was one of the most impressive looking games at the time, technically and otherwise.

The fact that competition is so much higher now, and that visually TP cant compare to some other games that are out now, the reviews are a testament to just how good the game actually is. Not a single person is going to be blown away by the visuals, etc, so they must be impressed solely on the game play itself.

Oblivion said:

I suspect you guys have kind of a weird idea of the decision-making process that goes into greenlighting new video games.

Angelcurio

Gold Member
Gamespot Review is out:

The Good:
Compelling characters and story; outstanding world and puzzle design; longer than most action adventure games; terrific graphics, from an artistic perspective.

The Bad:
Wii-specific elements feel tacked on; graphics and sound sometimes go from nostalgic to dated.

Tiktaalik

Hey Luke in your opinion from what you've played, what is better? Zelda Wii controls or Gamecube controls? I was going to get the GC version but there has been a lot of good words printed about the Wii controls and now I'm second guessing myself. You have always been one of the large fans of the GC version, so I'm interested in your opinion. Will it be covered in a future 1up show?

Zaxxon said:
Hey Luke in your opinion from what you've played, what is better? Zelda Wii controls or Gamecube controls? I was going to get the GC version but there has been a lot of good words printed about the Wii controls and now I'm second guessing myself. You have always been one of the large fans of the GC version, so I'm interested in your opinion. Will it be covered in a future 1up show?

Didn't Luke say that the Wii Twilight Princess deserved a 7??

Top Bottom