• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2.30 PS3 firmware is out now

M3wThr33

Banned
Also, if they're the same icons as on the PC store, they're at 4x the resolution they need to be.

Ex: A 320x320 image in a 160x160 space

Dot50Cal

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
Also, if they're the same icons as on the PC store, they're at 4x the resolution they need to be.

Ex: A 320x320 image in a 160x160 space

The icons properly resize when you click on them, or download them though.

TTP said:
You know what's odd? Icons in the downloads history page load much faster (EU here).
My guess is cause they're loaded in proper order there. From what I was able to gather it's not actually the icons that are slow at loading, they're just loading randomly, I once entered a section that I had never been to and all the icons showed up instantly, meaning it was downloading those while I was in the previous section.

Amon37

Metalmurphy said:
My guess is cause they're loaded in proper order there. From what I was able to gather it's not actually the icons that are slow at loading, they're just loading randomly, I once entered a section that I had never been to and all the icons showed up instantly, meaning it was downloading those while I was in the previous section.

Exactly the same thing is happening to me.

Jim

TTP said:
You know what's odd? Icons in the downloads history page load much faster (EU here).

You know what's also a bit odd? When GT5p was complaining that my time/date was wrong (20 mins ahead for some reason), after I fixed it, the icons seemed to start loading quicker all around. This was around midnight last night. 99.99% chance that's just coincidence.

sajj316

Jim said:
You know what's also a bit odd? When GT5p was complaining that my time/date was wrong (20 mins ahead for some reason), after I fixed it, the icons seemed to start loading quicker all around. This was around midnight last night. 99.99% chance that's just coincidence.

Ya ... I think its just coincidence. I'm going to try it out later tonight and see if there are improvements. I was wondering if one of you GAFers tried out the store (US only) at like 3 in the morning and noticed a drastic improvement in speed.

Erebus

I tried both Euro and US store before a while and noticed a vast improvement (especially at the US one). Though, I'm curious to see what will happen tomorrow with the MGO beta.:lol

Sean

Banned
Minotauro said:
I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but after upgrading to 2.30 last night, my PS3 refuses to read any discs. Nothing comes up in the XMB for Blu Ray movies, PS3 games, or DVDs.

This probably means I'm going to have to hassle with Sony about getting a replacement unit but I'm holding out home that it's firmware-related and I won't have to be without my PS3 for the next few weeks...

Yeah I got the same thing, but it happened to me after updating to 2.20 though - lots of people are having this issue. I just got my PS3 back from Sony yesterday.

Good luck getting it fixed, I had terrible service. It took me a few hours of calling SCEA over and over just to speak to someone (their automated phone line kept saying all reps are busy at the moment and just hanging up on me). Then when they received my console I had to wait weeks on "backorder" - how the fuck can a 40gb PS3 be backordered? And after waiting all that time they just replaced it with a refurbished PS3 anyway, which was all scratched up to boot. Ugh.

Madman

I tried the store today and my icons were loading much faster then they were yesterday.

Something else I discovered is that I could download the Gripshift demo from my past download list although it is gone from the store IIRC.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Sean said:
Yeah I got the same thing, but it happened to me after updating to 2.20 though - lots of people are having this issue. I just got my PS3 back from Sony yesterday.

Good luck getting it fixed, I had terrible service. It took me a few hours of calling SCEA over and over just to speak to someone (their automated phone line kept saying all reps are busy at the moment and just hanging up on me). Then when they received my console I had to wait weeks on "backorder" - how the fuck can a 40gb PS3 be backordered? And after waiting all that time they just replaced it with a refurbished PS3 anyway, which was all scratched up to boot. Ugh.

Fucking lovely.

Well, I'm on hold right now. Fingers crossed that my experience is smoother than yours...

Sorry for bumping this thread, but something is odd now when I play dvds on my HDTV after downloading the firmware update.

When I'm watching the Bourne movies, the picture quality seems a little grainy. I don't know if this happened before the update or maybe it's because I haven't watched the movies in awhile.

For the record, I have a 23 inch Samsung HDTV LCD.

Would there be any noticable differences for a TV that small?

What about mosquito, frame, block, and noise reduction? Should they be on or off to help?

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Sorry for bumping this thread, but something is odd now when I play dvds on my HDTV after downloading the firmware update.

When I'm watching the Bourne movies, the picture quality seems a little grainy. I don't know if this happened before the update or maybe it's because I haven't watched the movies in awhile.

For the record, I have a 23 inch Samsung HDTV LCD.

Would there be any noticable differences for a TV that small?

What about mosquito, frame, block, and noise reduction? Should they be on or off to help?

If you've been watching a lot of HD stuff lately, then it probably is just you not being used to SD video. At that TV size, there won't be a big difference between DVD and Blu-Ray, so that slight graininess may be the difference between the two. Also, check if the upscaling got turned off for some reason.

As for the reductions, I have a 46" 1080p Bravia and I hardly noticed a difference between them, so you probably won't see anything at all.

Top Bottom