• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 Broke Girls (CBS) |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
The show is incredibly bad: The forced humor, the horrible laugh track, the obnoxious supporting characters.

Yet Dennings and the other woman really are fun to watch. And I happen to like some of the show's human moments, such as the scene where Dennings gets all sad about boarding the horse.

Dennings and Behr are the only good things about this show, but they have a real chemistry. It's what's helped 2 Broke Girls be marginally better (and far more successful) than Whitney Cumming's other show... Whitney.

LQX

I've get pace with all the episodes and I still kind of like and even if I didn't I would still watch it to see Dennings tits and her in spandex with boots. Probably the most vulgar show on regular TV. Dick, pussy and sex jokes every week which come off like she makes them up on the spot and they just keep them in.

I really wonder if most of CBS viewers actually get it though. Might have been better on Showtime or HBO so we could see them naked or having simulated sex.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I've get pace with all the episodes and I still kind of like and even if I didn't I would still watch it to see Dennings tits and her in spandex with boots. Probably the most vulgar show on regular TV. Dick, pussy and sex jokes every week which come off like she makes them up on the spot and they just keep them in.

I really wonder if most of CBS viewers actually get it though. Might have been better on Showtime or HBO so we could see them naked or having simulated sex.

I agree, I'm surprised at some of the vulgar lines they get away with at 7:30 (CST here).
"Give him a Han job". How did they not catch that? It almost feels like it was made for cable but got promoted to CBS.

Throavium

Kat Dennings' character in this show reminds of "that guy" at work who pops in with "that's what she said jokes", on every single chance he gets over anyone's dialogue. He's like that guy at parties who's "kinda funny".

tumblr_ltv7i01uGg1qev1kto1_500.jpg

Y'know, opinions and what what but I'm having a hard time finding this gal attractive.

She looks vaguely mannish and it's hard to get past. Eyes are too far apart, chin is too long and weirdly shaped, nose looks oddly sized, the the lips look pasted on.

And the less said about the terrible hairstyle the better.

But hey that's how opinions work. I'm here to state mine, not bash yours.

akira28

GAF goes mad for giant boobs.

She's an attractive woman. Not enough to make me watch a TV show though. I can't remember the last time I watched something I generally wouldn't like, for the female stars.

rezuth

I don't care what anyone says anymore, last nights episode cemented this as a great show. So dark and bold for a network sitcom, great characters and an actual continuating plot thats not boring.

One complaint though, get rid off that fucking amount in the end of the episode. It serves no fucking purpose at all. I get the idea behind it and I get that now that they have done it for a couple of episodes they are like "Oh no, we can't get rid off it now" but honestly. No one is fucking watching this show to see how much money they have at the end of the episode.

Throavium

I don't care what anyone says anymore, last nights episode cemented this as a great show. So dark and bold for a network sitcom, great characters and an actual continuating plot thats not boring.

One complaint though, get rid off that fucking amount in the end of the episode. It serves no fucking purpose at all. I get the idea behind it and I get that now that they have done it for a couple of episodes they are like "Oh no, we can't get rid off it now" but honestly. No one is fucking watching this show to see how much money they have at the end of the episode.

I just finished watching all the episodes...

WOW, I had no idea I will be loving this show THAT much!!

I felt so hooked to the characters in Ep4 when Max and Car danced together and it was so beautiful, never saw something like this before in comedy show.. they truly become a real friends after that :)

Can't wait for MORE :D

sk3

Banned
Pure Garbage. Do you guys all love two and a half men and big bang theory as well?

CBS is like a secret portal into a world where nothing is funny and everyone is annoying.

Subprime

Y'know, opinions and what what but I'm having a hard time finding this gal attractive.

She looks vaguely mannish and it's hard to get past. Eyes are too far apart, chin is too long and weirdly shaped, nose looks oddly sized, the the lips look pasted on.

And the less said about the terrible hairstyle the better.

But hey that's how opinions work. I'm here to state mine, not bash yours.

honestly, she would be hot but her plastic surgery makes her face hard to look at.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
oh.my.god.

I recorded last night's episode(s) on both dvrs for viewing tonight.

SickBoy

I generally like Kat Dennings, but something about how she delivers her lines on this show just annoys the heck out of me.

My wife's a fan. It definitely hits some raunchy notes that other comedies don't touch, but for the most part I don't see the appeal.

The blonde has fantastic legs, though :)

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Better than The Neighbors?

Very much so. You kinda need to watch the first season to understand the concept of the show. It's a sitcom but has a story arc to it. That's why it's a money total at the end of every episode. Granted it's been some episodes where the total doesn't change at all.

rezuth

Latest episode was pretty stellar, show keeps on delivering... Just get rid off that awful money thing at the end that adds NOTHING at all.

Pachinko

I actually ended up watching an episode of this and outside of Kat Dennings being an incredibly attractive woman I don't think I much care for it. I consider stuff like big bang theory and 2 and a half men to be mostly junk of the inoffensive variety. 2 broke girls though... I think the best description I can give is that it tries to hard to be offensive. Kat and the other girl , they along with the entire cast really- they read their lines as though it's the first take , just reciting bad jokes and mostly racist humour playing on stereotypes. I actually get the idea that the writers room has a bunch of people just writing down stuff that could piss somebody off rather then trying to be funny. The old fake trailer posted months ago that's still linked above is actually quite accurate.

In some ways ... it's like a live action family guy in terms of how the jokes seem to be targeted. Go for shock value rather then straight up comedy and have tons of "jokes". Obviously it's doing alright in ratings so it's working I suppose, just not for me. Happy for Kat to get a steady job though.

CiSTM

Banned
This is the show people shits on but secretly watches every week.

Nah, that's Big Bang Theory. This show has nothing going on except for Kat's boobs. I watched the first season but the nature of "See what I did there" -jokes started to piss me off at some point, I guess around the third episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom