• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

20 Films to See in October (what are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

What a month.

Sicario (September holdover)
The Martian
The Assassin
Crimson Peak
Room
Steve Jobs
Beasts of No Nation
Bridge of Spies

Might even watch The Walk for cheap down the line. Hopefully I can keep up.

jett

D-Member
That sure is a lot of stuff that won't be shown in my neck of the woods.

I'm interested in The Martian, Sicario, Bridge of Spies and Beasts of No Nation.

This is a stacked month... awesome. Been too long. Very much looking forward to The Martian and The Iron Giant Signature Edition this weekend!

Other definites if I can find the time...
Crimson Peak
Bridge of Spies
Steve Jobs
Room
The Assassin

Maybes...
Partisan (saw the trailer a few days ago and it kind of blew me away)
The Walk (is this necessary in a world where Man on Wire exists? Not sure)
Final Girls (another good trailer; fun premise)
Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse (solid trailer, could be a fun if low-rent Zombieland)

Morbidly curious...
Pan (Hook vibes)
The Last Witch Hunter (ehhh)

Intrigued by the new Miike and Sono films but not sure that I'll get the opportunity.

Honestly there's way more than this; perhaps it's time to use some of those vacation days.

Sion Sono making a hip-hop infused movie? fuck yeah definitely will make time for that when it hits VOD/streaming or whatever.

steve jobs and bridge of spies in theaters fo sho. Sicario too tomorrow. beasts of no nation at home.

very exciting month.

squadr0n

Saw The Visit with a friend and wow what an awesome comeback for M. Knight after his last few bombs. Great Great horror film that really made me feel uneasy throught till the end. Seriously glad I went in without watching any previews or read any reviews. All you need to know is it's 2 kids being sent off to visit their Grandparents for the first time. Used to love taking trips as a kid to visit mine lol.

Next Horror Films up are:

It Follows
A girl walks home at night alone (Persian)
And maybe
Cooties (?)

Aselith

I was like I wonder what Miike has done since 13 Assassins. My body was not ready lol. Dude has got to be the hardestworking director in the business.

My understanding was that Steve Jobs isn't opening nationwide until October 23, with a very limited release occurring on October 9. That said, as we inch closer to the latter date, I'm seeing some contradictory information indicating that the wide release is actually October 9. Just one example is Rotten Tomatoes, which lists the "WIDE" release date as October 9.

Anyone able to clarify?

big ander

My understanding was that Steve Jobs isn't opening nationwide until October 23, with a very limited release occurring on October 9. That said, as we inch closer to the latter date, I'm seeing some contradictory information indicating that the wide release is actually October 9. Just one example is Rotten Tomatoes, which lists the "WIDE" release date as October 9.

Anyone able to clarify?

Official site lists an Oct. 9 limited release followed by a wide release the 23rd

Not sure if the intern came out this month, but I saw it last weekend; it was a good surprise, part of it is Deniro. The man can make any movie shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom