• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2006 TGS to be "largest ever"

Mrbob said:
My TGS prediction.

Sony fans after TGS:

edge%20wwechampion.jpg

Nintendo fans after TGS:

1837414967_raw0703200601.jpg

Microsoft fans after TGS:

Newman.jpg

Dude no one wants to be Edge. He'll just lose the belt in a week.

Mojovonio

Banned
like I said: for japanese consumers, not much. But in general they'll have plenty of games, probably many that appeal to westerners more and true gamers, which should be very appealing.

Didn't want my post to come off as sarcastic, i just remembered Ninja Gaiden 2 as a possible announcement.

Man, if only Japanese gamers weren't such fanboys, they could enjoy all the great mulitiplatormness we have in the west.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Mrbob said:
Sony fans after TGS:

edge%20wwechampion.jpg

I don't get this. From what we've seen at E3, game-wise, I don't think Sony needs to prove that it'll have a good library (for now). The goddamn pricepoint is the only hindrance. Nothing short of a price drop will change anything IMO.

Course, with Nintendo not being there, at least Sony won't have to worry about anyone else stealing their thunder. :p

Amir0x said:
like I said: for japanese consumers, not much. But in general they'll have plenty of games, probably many that appeal to westerners more and true gamers, which should be very appealing.

360 will likely have a good showing at TGS that will be largely ignored by the country the show is held in. not terribly suprising.

I'm just dreading TGS because we will likely have a few months afterwards of putting up with OMFG FFXIII is teh second coming! Nomura i want to take you on a Hot Topic shopping spree!

Amir0x

Banned
Oblivion said:
I don't get this. From what we've seen at E3, game-wise, I don't think Sony needs to prove that it'll have a good library (for now). The goddamn pricepoint is the only hindrance. Nothing short of a price drop will change anything IMO.

for once a true post from Oblivion.

PS3 has the games. It needs to polish up the launch titles and a true killer app needs to appear, but its lineup of future games is stellar.

Unfortunately, it costs $600. And that's always what will be looming over the heads of consumers.

Mojovonio

Banned
thanfully japanese RPGS make me want to pull my stomach out of my ass.

Generic JRPG Dialouge

"KINOSHI! DID YOU SEE JIJAGOO RUN?!?"

"....."

"OH NO! THE PENDANT."

"HIAGGGGGGHHHHh!!!!!"

MattXG

Banned
Amir0x said:
what? hahahahahah they didn't even come CLOSE to winning those shows, not even the xbotiest of xbots could think that
:lol

The funny part is you didn't read close enough and are completely wrong as to what I meant....

I suggest you re-read what I had quoted to try and figure out what I was referring to.:)

Mrbob

Oblivion said:

Course, with Nintendo not being there, at least Sony won't have to worry about anyone else stealing their thunder. :p

Price won't matter at launch. If Sony follows my failproof plan of dropping the system 100 bucks May 2007 they will be fine.

Of course I expect 360 to be frontrunner in the USA now, as long as MS doesn't screw up. I'm talking about the GAF perspective here, not overall. TGS means nothing for NA.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Amir0x said:
you guys better be prepared for when DMC4 looks like Tekken 6.
IIRC tekken 6 didnt even look like tekken 6; didnt namco say something like the e3 2006 trailer is not what the final game will look like?

BigBoss

MattXG said:

The funny part is you didn't read close enough and are completely wrong as to what I meant....

I suggest you re-read what I had quoted to try and figure out what I was referring to.:)

Perhaps you should read my quote and see that I wasn't talking about Sony.

Amir0x

Banned
MattXG said:

true! Reading is fundamental (more like context), my bad. I apologize.

Bad_Boy said:
IIRC tekken 6 didnt even look like tekken 6; didnt namco say something like the e3 2006 trailer is not what the final game will look like?

Tell me if this makes sense...

Kaz Hirai: "And next up we have a reel off upcoming third party games on PS3."

*clip shows Tekken 6*

Namco Rep: "Although it said Tekken 6, that is not how Tekken 6 will look."

Dunpeal

Banned
Mojovonio said:
I just don't see MS doing well at all at TGS. They pulled out ALL of their big cards at E3.

Now its going to be Sony's time to shine.

Right, i'm not saying the opposite but how do you know MS pulled out all of their cards at E3 and Sony didn't? :lol

Blind hope thats all. As far as we know, TGS could be big for both, since Wii won't be there, and this is "the largest TGS ever"....well i don't see it being PS3 solo

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Nigglo Nash said:
If MGS4 isnt shown playable at TGS then we have all been had(again)

No more 'movable camera in a realtime engine demo BS'. I want to see some playable footage of this supposed game and would LOVE it to be on an actual PS3.
You're a MORON.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Amir0x said:
Tell me if this makes sense...

Kaz Hirai: "And next up we have a reel off upcoming third party games on PS3."

*clip shows Tekken 6*

Namco Rep: "Although it said Tekken 6, that is not how Tekken 6 will look."
I'm talking about sometime after e3. When namco found out what they did. :lol

edit:
found it...
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20060515/tekken.htm

translated by one, over at b3d
According to this Bandai Namco developer interview, the Tekken 6 demo at E3 was realtime 1920x1080p full HD @ 60fps just like Gran Turismo HD. They say the target of the trailer is just that, a realtime full HD demo running at 60fps. They expect it'll look better in the release version with effects not implemented in the E3 demo.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Mrbob said:
Price won't matter at launch. If Sony follows my failproof plan of dropping the system 100 bucks May 2007 they will be fine.

I suppose there's a good chance that Sony could get lucky at launch (but even that's pushing it), but to think they'll drop the price by a hundred smackers so quickly, well good luck! ;).

Nigglo Nash said:
The funny part is that you had to ask.

Put 'em on the glass Kojima.

Kojima hating is just plain retarded... seriously, if there is one developer worth trusting in the entire industry

MattXG

Banned
BigBoss said:
Perhaps you should read my quote and see that I wasn't talking about Sony.
You quoted another guy that said:

"If they don't show MGS4 gameplay then we have been had(again)."

and you asked "when were we fooled the first time?"

Thusly, I am guessing he was referring to graphically. So I said "E32k5/TGS2k5".

So unless I am wrong and he was referring to Kojima's little mind games but I don't see what the game not being playable would have to do with that....hmmm...

Mojovonio

Banned
So...

Guesses of stuff shown at TGS?

MS:

Ninja Gaiden 2
DOAX2
Lost Odyssey
Blue Dragon
Dead Rising
Lost Planet

Sony:

FFXIII
RE5 (something tells me it'll be announced for PS3 first)
DMC4
Tekken 6
VF5

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
DMC4 playable omg :D

and hope that Atlus at least talk about SMT4, plz. some pics will be nice and a trailer omg.

Dunpeal

Banned
Mojovonio said:
So...

MS:

Ninja Gaiden 2
DOAX2
Lost Odyssey
Blue Dragon
Dead Rising
Lost Planet

Sony:

FFXIII
DMC4
Tekken 6
VF5

Announced?

puebla

sugarhigh4242 said:
But PS3 is rarely compared side-by-side to 360. Everyone (rightly) compares it to E3 2005, and how much it didn't live up to the videos. But Resistance, Heavenly Sword, and Warhawk look better graphically than the vast majority of 360 games out there. When the 2nd batch of PS3 games comes out, Microsoft needs to show they won't be left in the dust.

Gears of War looks awesome, but Unreal-based games are going to be everywhere, so its not really that big of a deal.
rofl :lol, you must be the SDF's new recruit.

but anyway, i agree with the poster that said Sony will have the most to prove. they'll be facing alot of pressure trying to convince people the PS3 is worth 600 beans.

Amir0x

Banned
Mojovonio said:

technically it was announced for 360/PS3 at the same time... although it was shown first at the Sony meeting, if i'm not mistaken.

Mojovonio

Banned
sorry, i misworded it.

It'll be announced as a PS3 timed exclusive.

Would Japanese gamers be interested in Assasin's Creed?

Mojovonio said:
So...

MS:

Ninja Gaiden 2
DOAX2
Lost Odyssey
Blue Dragon
Dead Rising
Lost Planet

Sony:

FFXIII
DMC4
Tekken 6
VF5

what about Tri-Ace RPG and Trusty Bell for 360? and RE5 is on 360 as well...
and pls pls pls SMT PS3 game. also, MGS4 isnt on your Sony list :b

Vrolokus

Banned
Is it too soon to hope for a Dragon Quest announcement for the PS3?

Not to mention something from the Ico/SotC team?

*crosses fingers*

Dunpeal

Banned
Mojovonio said:
sorry, i misworded it.

It'll be announced as a PS3 timed exclusive.

Would Japanese gamers be interested in Assasin's Creed?

Why? They already announced it for both. Officially....it would be kinda weird to change that now all of a sudden :lol

I would like to see more of Blue Dragon and Lost Odissey, and i would like to see, something new for the Ps3, i'm not really interesting in seeing more of anything of what i've seen for the PS3.

I wanna see DmC4 :D

Mojovonio

Banned
Is it too soon to hope for a Dragon Quest announcement for the PS3?

I wouldn't think so.

Does anyone know if TGS usually gets streamed like E3 did?

OOOOH, maybe MS will have downloadable demos again!

Dead Rising demo?

PLZ

MattXG

Banned
Mojovonio said:
So...

MS:

Ninja Gaiden 2
DOAX2
Lost Odyssey
Blue Dragon
Dead Rising
Lost Planet
Cry-On
Forza Motorsport 2
Trusty Bell
Phantasy Star Universe
RE5
Maybe one of the other unannounced JRPG's...

Sony:

FFXIII
RE5
DMC4
Tekken 6
VF5
Fixed.:)

Hard to say what Sony might show. It is hard to imagine we will see something like Gran Turismo 5 or something along those lines.....Hard to say what REALLY will be announced there and what won't.

GeoramA

Can't wait to see the PS3 launch titles in their nearly finished states. TGS is no doubt way bigger than E3 this year.

Mojovonio

Banned
Why? They already announced it for both. Officially....it would be kinda weird to change that now all of a sudden

Did they say it would come out on both platforms at the same time? I thought they just announced that it was coming out on both.

Plus, stuff changes.

Vrolokus

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Depends on how much they've got done. Both ICO and SoTC took them 3 years to develop.

I'm not hoping against hope for a playable beta or anything... just something, just a taste... :D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hey, any Kanto gaffers want to let me sleep over at their house the day before TGS? :p I live in Kansai, and I wouldn't be able to go and come back in the same day.

MattXG said:

Hard to say what Sony might show. It is hard to imagine we will see something like Gran Turismo 5 or something along those lines.....Hard to say what REALLY will be announced there and what won't.

there is a whoooole wide game industry outside you 360 believe it or not and most of the TGS announcements will be about that world.

really doubt that most those 360 titles will see a push at TGS

MattXG said:

The only time we've actually gotten to see something from the real GT5 was at last years TGS. It isn't a stretch to think the next time we'll see it will be there at this TGS.

Mojovonio said:
They still showed Shadow much earlier than its release.

SoTC was first shown in 2004, a year before its release. Now they showed NICO before that, but it was never official and all we got were some blurry screens.

Top Bottom