• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2009 - PlayStation 3's Third Year

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
DuckRacer said:
1) It never mentions the PS3, it could also be on PC going from that info, and 2) when LP2 was announced Capcom only talked about it being on the 360.

I definitely think it's coming to PS3, but there really isn't any conclusive info to determine this.

It's probably a 2010 game anyway.

My6cats

Banned
Kagari said:
It's probably a 2010 game anyway.
that what I think too. the 360 will have LP2 for one year and than it will come out for the PS3. like BioShock, Ninja Gaiden II, Tales of Vesperia.

Quasar

badcrumble said:
"innovative business and service models" in MMOs will never cease to scare the shit out of me.

Well I'm fine with most things that get away from US$10-US$15 a month subscriptions. Being a dabbler whose cheap, subscription rules out my participation. Especially now that the Australian dollar is weak again.

As for the release list itself, I have to say I've really quite happy with the PS3 in 09. Especially the first party situation. Even if a bunch (GoW3, DCU, Agency) won't appear till the new year. There seems to be more than I can reasonably afford.

smik

you think with Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5 and Street Fighter 4 the PS3 would be in Great shape for 2009 as it is, its great these games released so early.

With Uncharted 2, GOW III & MAG things are shaping up really nice for the business end of 2009.

DuckRacer

My6cats said:
that what I think too. the 360 will have LP2 for one year and than it will come out for the PS3. like BioShock, Ninja Gaiden II, Tales of Vesperia.
So you're saying the PS3 version is releasing in 2011? :p

Chrange

Banned
My6cats said:

I think it'll be more like six months - 360 in the fall and then PS3 in the spring/early summer.

My6cats said:

If that happens then people might want to start questioning all those comments about how smart Capcom has been this generation.

StuBurns

Banned
Yeah, Capcom don't do exclusives, but still, until they confirm it, there's no point putting it on the list, it'll never see an 09 release anyway.

CHRP718

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
If that happens then people might want to start questioning all those comments about how smart Capcom has been this generation.
unless they have some exclusives for SONY.
Devil May Cry 5 / DMC Portable
Resident Evil Portable

Kagari said:
Especially considering this statement: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54686

That didn't say anything about day and date though... just that they would all be multiplatform. So that holds true of a game is released for only one platform on April 1st then the other version is released on March 31st of the next year. Both versions would still have been released in the fiscal year right?

Unless I'm reading this wrong?

My6cats

Banned
Chrange said:
I think it'll be more like six months - 360 in the fall and then PS3 in the spring/early summer.
I could see it being six months. We know it is coming to the ps3 we just don't know when. And we don't know if MS paid to get it released on the 360 first. I don't know why capcom has not talked about LP2 for the PS3 yet? They did for Dead Rising 2.

OldJadedGamer said:
That didn't say anything about day and date though... just that they would all be multiplatform. So that holds true of a game is released for only one platform on April 1st then the other version is released on March 31st of the next year. Both versions would still have been released in the fiscal year right?

Unless I'm reading this wrong?

I think most people took it as they weren't going to be doing anymore "exclusives" of any type on the PS3/360. Meaning no time exclusives either. It really doesn't make any sense considering how the games sell on both systems (the sales are very similar). Only one game that they've developed as multiplatform shows a huge different in sales between the PS3 and 360, and that is Lost Planet. A game that came out a year after the 360 release on the PS3. They're basically giving up a lot of sales to do any type of exclusive for either system.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
CHRP718 said:
Resident Evil Portable

I'm confused. Are you saying you think DMC5 will be a PSP game or that DMC5 will be PS3 exclusive?

Capcom making new PSP games seems very likely, I think they may have even announced a few in an offhand way, but considering how well DMC4 sold on 360 the latter would be about as likely a Dragon Quest 11 being Xbox 720 exclusive...

Nafai1123

Banned
If LP2 was going to be a timed exclusive for the 360, wouldn't they have touted it in their exclusive XBL reveal as "only on 360"? I mean, they've done that with every other "exclusive" that eventually came out on PS3.

lupinko

Nafai1123 said:
If LP2 was going to be a timed exclusive for the 360, wouldn't they have touted it in their exclusive XBL reveal as "only on 360"? I mean, they've done that with every other "exclusive" that eventually came out on PS3.

Probably not anymore, considering all the other so-called "only on 360" titles. :lol

gbovo

Nafai1123 said:
I'd bet good money that Lost Planet 2 is just an exclusive "announcement" for 360 (like Assassins Creed was for PS3), and that the game will get announced for PS3 at, or around E3, and will release simultaneously on both consoles. Notice how neither Capcom nor MS have come outright and said the game was exclusive/timed exclusive for the 360, just that it's been "announced" for 360.

Also, SFIV, RE5 were both released simultaneously on both consoles and have sold well on both. Dead Rising 2 is also announced for both PS3 and 360, and will, most likely, release simultaneously on both.

dfyb

Banned
bt2ps3image2.jpg

http://www.bumpytrot.com/bt2/index.html

BELIEEEEEEEVE

androvsky

Dedication Through Light said:
Any chance for US release of "Agarest Senki Zero"?

The chances are approximately :lol :lol

Sorry, I'd like to see it and especially Tears to Tiara and a billion other Japanese games of questionable origin from Japan, but it ain't happening. The original Agarest Senki release for PS3 never made it over here, and that was when there was nothing coming out for the system in the U.S.

Is there still absolutely nothing date wise for a Western release of White Knight Chronicles?

Can we assume at this point that they are taking major steps to rework the game?

EDIT: damn this page is a graveyard :lol Good riddance to many of them

evolution said:
Well we at least know WkC was shown at the recent press event, so hopefully we will know more soon.

Cool, I'm not getting my hopes up for anything good out of this game, but it would be a nice surprise.

CHRP718 said:
Resident Evil Portable

I can see some exclusive PSP support as there is no real equivalent to it (now now dont jump down my throat about the DS), but I cant see them changing minds halfway and making an exclusive PS3 or 360 title either way.

ram

androvsky said:
The chances are approximately :lol :lol

Sorry, I'd like to see it and especially Tears to Tiara and a billion other Japanese games of questionable origin from Japan, but it ain't happening. The original Agarest Senki release for PS3 never made it over here, and that was when there was nothing coming out for the system in the U.S.

funny thing is, the come (agarest senki zero) is coming out in europe - via midas inetractive (known budget publisher).

Oni Jazar

gregor7777 said:
Is there still absolutely nothing date wise for a Western release of White Knight Chronicles?

Can we assume at this point that they are taking major steps to rework the game?

There's a video interview on the PS Blog. They said that they are working on minor tweaks but that the tweaks will add up. One thing confirmed is voice chat.

Top Bottom