• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitz

Anno 1404, playing a few scenarios.

12cxu.jpg

2qefm.jpg

Lime

Lol, when looking up 1404 on Steam it says:

Code:
Notice: The game is currently not available for purchase

Anybody know why it is so?

Lime said:
Lol, when looking up 1404 on Steam it says:

Code:
Notice: The game is currently not available for purchase

Anybody know why it is so?
If I remember correctly it has to do with Ubisofts refusal to patch the steam version of the game which results in several game crippling issues.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Finally fixed my blur issues, problems were supersampling related :'( , had to switch to msaa to not have that vaseline filter.

NFS HP

nfs112011-08-1622-22-5ik8d.png

nfs112011-08-1622-32-41827.png

Durante

Dragon Age 2
(I figured out that when you play this in bursts with pauses that make you forget that you've been "exploring" the same cave 70 times now it's actually bearable)

dragonage2-2011-08-09-pph4.jpg

dragonage2-2011-08-09-fqpe.jpg

Corky

Durante said:
Fallout NV
I wish every game ran at 60 FPS with 32xCSAA.

http://www.abload.de/img/falloutnv-2011-07-24-1qotz.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/falloutnv-2011-07-23-24qjv.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Hey mate, how did you manage to force AA through Inspector ( ? ), I've tried everything msaa, ssaa, 32xcsaa, sgssaa, none of them goes through :o. Any tips?

Van Buren

Corky said:
Hey mate, how did you manage to force AA through Inspector ( ? ), I've tried everything msaa, ssaa, 32xcsaa, sgssaa, none of them goes through :eek:. Any tips?
Have you tried 0x0000F0C1, apart from the AA bits that are already there for New Vegas ? It worked for me on Divinity 2, another Gamebryo title.

Corky

Van Buren said:
Have you tried 0x0000F0C1, apart from the AA bits that are already there for New Vegas ? It worked for me on Divinity 2, another Gamebryo title.

:)! I love ya mate, I'm not going to take out anything in advance it's 02:25 am so gotta sleep but I jumped into the game and sgssaa is working! Gonna play for real tomorrow and install mods and all that so hopefully it sticks and works out in the end.

Out of curiosity though, could the reason the original bits not working somehow be related to me running the game in XP service pack 3 compatibility mode in order to not crash?

Van Buren

Corky said:
:)! I love ya mate, I'm not going to take out anything in advance it's 02:25 am so gotta sleep but I jumped into the game and sgssaa is working! Gonna play for real tomorrow and install mods and all that so hopefully it sticks and works out in the end.

Out of curiosity though, could the reason the original bits not working somehow be related to me running the game in XP service pack 3 compatibility mode in order to not crash?
Glad it worked out for you. It's not the first time that the default AA bits aren't the best. It's especially frequent with UE3 based games.

To stay on topic, here's Gothic 3 with about 2 GB worth of mods. Despite being half a decade old, I think it looks better than its successor, Risen, let alone competitors during release like Two Worlds or Oblivion. Despite its flaws, with the community patches, it absolutely destroys Risen when it comes to ambition and non-linear gameplay set in a gigantic open world.

f9882ef15e980ed83bc2a879a0e7be9df914e573.jpg

83b8d436b51ac6326b79afe5fc837930afe0302e.jpg

Van Buren

3ac85cfb522e2054d0f05eb17111c89db4bb62e2.jpg

1890bbdbdd974a0664f8a1d493ae8b547a9dfd4a.jpg

For those curious, the modded game contains the following additions - "FP16-HDR-Rendering including Tone Mapping, Spherical Harmonics, Soft Particles, Bloom, Rim- und Per-Pixel-Lighting, Depth of Field, Soft Shadows, Parallax- and Bump-Mapping and Ambient Occlusion." Needless to say, it's probably more resource-hungry than Crysis.

mrtapout1

Banned
Cuban Legend said:
are you using nvidia inspector, whats your AA flags and whats your SPECIFIC AA settings?

I suggest you take a screenshot of the TDU2 profile, please.

I simply have 8xaa using the game and have enabled supersamplimg in CCC for my Amd 6870 crossfire. The game doesn't seem to use crossfire though. With these settings)everything max, I'm getting about 30fps

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Stallion Free said:
Are there AA options in the game? Those shots look lovely.

No graphic options at all other then resolution and v-sync. I couldn't get forced AA to work but I didn't get to spend much time monkeying around with it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Sinatar said:
No graphic options at all other then resolution and v-sync. I couldn't get forced AA to work but I didn't get to spend much time monkeying around with it.
Yeah I checked out the OT and apparently it works well with FXAA.

Tokubetsu

Sinatar said:

There's definitely AA there. I can set it to 4x in-game.

Echoplx

Too bad the games looks bad in motion, thanks to ridiculous amounts of screen tearing and the lack of smooth panning thanks to the FPS lock :(

sam27368

Banned
3chopl0x said:
Too bad the games looks bad in motion, thanks to ridiculous amounts of screen tearing and the lack of smooth panning thanks to the FPS lock :(
This is too true, I wasn't that impressed with it running in motion.

The M.O.B said:
TrackMania 2: Canyon (Black bars cropped out)
http://www.abload.de/img/af5q0m.png[ /IMG]
[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/fadqo7r.png[/ IMG][/QUOTE]

TM2 looks amazing HUDless and with other cars hidden. I recorded some 1080p videos today, I may encode and upload them at some point if people are interested. (Not long ones, 2-3 minutes long maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom