• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

The Secret Of Monkey Island: Special Edition

mise2011-08-1419-38-38a8l3.png

mise2011-08-1419-41-3328de.png

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Kyaw said:
I can't stress this enough...

Upload your pics on www.abload.de or www.minus.com

The jpg compression is just really terrible on imgur.com. Remember to take your screenshots in .png format in FRAPS too.

I think what you're looking at is film grain rather than heavy jpg compression, because a screenshot uploaded to abload looks almost the same.

masseffect22011-08-141377r.png

DSN2K

two quite random ones I found in fraps folder what looked nice...

Luigi Mansion(Dolphin) 1080p

Dolphin-2011-08-14-19-07-31-34.jpg

Metal Gear Solid 3 (PCSX2) 1080p

pcsx2-r4600-2011-08-12-10-11-07-98.jpg

domlolz

Banned
Bisnic said:
I think what you're looking at is film grain rather than heavy jpg compression, because a screenshot uploaded to abload looks almost the same.

nar, the compression artifacts are terrible, upload one of the shots you uploaded to imgur to abload and compare.

Lookit the artifacts here:

untitled-26rmo.jpg

legacyzero

Banned
domlolz said:
nar, the compression artifacts are terrible, upload one of the shots you uploaded to imgur to abload and compare.

Lookit the artifacts here:

untitled-26rmo.jpg
Yeah, that is compressed all to hell. Also, why use film grain in Mass Effect? It's just plain weird.

Kyaw

Bisnic said:

http://www.abload.de/img/masseffect22011-08-141377r.png[/QUOTE]

Nope. You can clearly see the compression artifacts and such around edges.

Bisnic

legacyzero said:
Yeah, that is compressed all to hell. Also, why use film grain in Mass Effect? It's just plain weird.

It looks good in motion and it fits with the old 80s sci-fi theme. It was terrible in the 1st game though, but i like it on the 2nd.

Also, you guys are a bit obsessed with compression, its the kind of stuff a barely notice unless its way too much. I bet there is some on the screenshots i posted a few days ago, yet no one said a thing and i didnt notice anything either at first sight.

legacyzero

Banned
Bisnic said:
It looks good in motion and it fits with the old 80s sci-fi theme. It was terrible in the 1st game though, but i like it on the 2nd.

Also, you guys are a bit obsessed with compression, its the kind of stuff a barely notice unless its way too much. I bet there is some on the screenshots i posted a few days ago, yet no one said a thing and i didnt notice anything either at first sight.

Mainly because it looks like shit. No offense.

We're here to enjoy crisp, clean, awesome screenshots. Not blurry, fuzzy shots that do the game injustice.

Smokey

TheVampire said:
GTA 4 Shots

What mods are you running? ICE? I just started vanilla GTAIV on PC with everything on Very High and it absolutely destroys the console versions and this is before mods are applied.

Smokey

Is there any way to check if your SGSSAA is working or not? Reason I'm asking is I'm running a 580 and I have 8x SG and 8X MSAA running with vysnc on and it's still at 60fps in Hot Pursuit. Just doesn't seem like it's on. I have the Steam version do you need to do anything special for Steam versions of games?

Also I don't have an option to adjust Negative LOD bias numerically as I've seen recommended in this thread.. My options are for it to be on, off, or default..

Dacon said:
How's KHs running on the PCSX2 build with the multicore optimizations enabled?

Those pictures were taken before the optimization build came out. So I have no real idea of how much better it runs. I run KH2 at 60fps before the optimization. So I assume if you have a good enough machine you'll run it just the same, especially after the optimization build.

I've been replaying some Doom 3 with a friend, and managed to get a lot of pics in the process. The game is a lot of fun, and still graphically gorgeous. No mods here, all natural. Just anti-aliasing and AF going on. Even without it's still amazing to look at.
doom32011-08-1203-32-3pu4b.jpg
doom32011-08-1202-02-4vugf.jpg

Bisnic

legacyzero said:
Mainly because it looks like shit. No offense.

We're here to enjoy crisp, clean, awesome screenshots. Not blurry, fuzzy shots that do the game injustice.

Fine, fine. I'm not here to derail a thread about artifacts anyway, here's some more ME2 screenshots without them if that can make some people happy :

masseffect22011-08-142yuet.png

masseffect22011-08-142fuv4.png

I fucking hate Solo. I replayed the SE of Monkey Island 1 and 2 not too long ago, and him posting these beautiful screenshots makes me want to do it again.

WHERE'S MY REMAKE OF 3/NEW TELLTALE SEASON :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Foliorum Viridum said:
I fucking hate Solo. I replayed the SE of Monkey Island 1 and 2 not too long ago, and him posting these beautiful screenshots makes me want to do it again.

WHERE'S MY REMAKE OF 3/NEW TELLTALE SEASON :(
I believe Lucasarts switched CEOs since we got those and that old one was the one who was a huge adventure game fan and prolly pushed those projects through.

Eurgh! Typical that MI finally get the love it deserves with great remasters and a faithful new installment, then fate strikes it back down.

Telltale are literally making a gazillion games at the moment. They can squeeze in another!

fin

c6c82c22a2529f0977576d8f6616123e1342160c.jpg

fb71cbd5ca05ee4f646031df7e67c659fd0847b2.jpg

I thought I'd be really bad on PC but turns out it's all good. I still just love this game. Can't wait till BF3.

scitek

BTW, I don't condone the action being performed in my caps two posts up.
she deserved it

Is FFXII entirely playable, or is it buggy? I own and have yet to play it, but I don't wanna get far into it and not be able to finish.

mrtapout1

Banned
WOW those airplane shots are amazing. Very nice far cry2 and sc conviction shots also

Here is some Hitman Blood Money. Love this game

Dizzy-4U

I can't set the AA more than 2X because the game crashes like crazy. I will try forcing it through the drivers next time. Other than that, the game runs perfectly.

pcsx2-r48662011-08-1301evc.png

pcsx2-r48662011-08-131leum.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom