• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyaw

ibs334Sy1.png

idFGIic4.png

Aaand, that's it for now.

I hope it's not too much.
You can't have enough of Mirror's Edge visuals.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
There is no such thing as too much Mirror's Edge.... except for that one thread that one time when a guy put about 100 ME screens in a single post.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
phillax said:
Can anyone with a retail copy Deus Ex: Human Revolution post high res screens.

Embargo until late august.

Random games :

Lara Croft GOTL

lcgol2011-08-1323-52-10qsj.png

Starcraft 2

sc22011-08-1400-34-01-nrsh.png

God ... damn! I love how Sc2 looks, the attention to detail is ballbustingally awesome.

Corky

darkpaladinmfc said:
Wow, I've forgotten how good it looks when you actually pay attention. I expect Diablo III to look equally awesome.

No doubt no doubt, also pictures don't to the game justice when every single object is in motion with amazing animation. I too had forgotten how beautiful the game was.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Dice said:
LOLOLOLOL

Best mod ever... for any game.
its not a mod, anyone with the game can get that face, on pc anyway, i got it from masseffect2faces.com, i think thats the name. its a code that you have to copy/paste.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
cluto said:
I really like this pixel art/digital painting hybrid style, but I only see it in this scene. Is the rest of the game like this?
Yeah you can play through the remake like that or switch to the OG pixels at the tap of a button any time. I thought it was a really well done remake. I did my first playthrough w/ OG pixels (had never played it before) and then I immediately started over with the redone art.

Solo

cluto said:
I really like this pixel art/digital painting hybrid style, but I only see it in this scene. Is the rest of the game like this?

F10 switches between styles on the fly. The original pixel art style, and the updated style, which is how I am playing it.

Fallout New Vegas - First arrival at the strip this play through. First play w/ mods. I think it shows off the ground textures and depth of field pretty well. This is a Steam screenshot is the quality ok?

pbqKL.jpg

Corky

Calling StallionFree or anyone else who knows. I want to enable SGSSAA in some games I've been trying to play and I got a couple of questions, using nvidia inspector :

1) Do I have to have " Antialiasing Transparency Multisampling" set to Enabled in order for the SGSSAA to work?

2) Is there any reason to have MSAA alongside SGSSAA? Most of the setting screens I've seen people are using SGSSAA in conjunction with MSAA.

Thanks!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Corky said:
Calling StallionFree or anyone else who knows. I want to enable SGSSAA in some games I've been trying to play and I got a couple of questions, using nvidia inspector :

1) Do I have to have " Antialiasing Transparency Multisampling" set to Enabled in order for the SGSSAA to work?

2) Is there any reason to have MSAA alongside SGSSAA? Most of the setting screens I've seen people are using SGSSAA in conjunction with MSAA.

Thanks!
1.) Nope.
2.) SGSSAA is technically a form of transparency super sampling so it needs to be paired with MSAA. I've read that you are suppose to pair it up as well so 4x with 4x, 8x with 8x, but I'm not 100% on that.

Corky

Stallion Free said:
1.) Nope.
2.) SGSSAA is technically a form of transparency super sampling so it needs to be paired with MSAA. I've read that you are suppose to pair it up as well so 4x with 4x, 8x with 8x, but I'm not 100% on that.

Thanks for the quick reply mate, you see I'm playing dead space 2 and I had a recollection ( a correct one it turned out ) that you had posted pictures of sgssaa DS2 I saw your settings on page 45 and I'm going to try them out right now. I had some other AA bits so my shadows were messed up and I'm not really sure if the sgssaa is "going through".

So you reckon I should do 1:1 with msaa and sgssaa? e.g 2x / 2x , 4x / 4x etc.

decyx

Corky said:
Thanks for the quick reply mate, you see I'm playing dead space 2 and I had a recollection ( a correct one it turned out ) that you had posted pictures of sgssaa DS2 I saw your settings on page 45 and I'm going to try them out right now. I had some other AA bits so my shadows were messed up and I'm not really sure if the sgssaa is "going through".

So you reckon I should do 1:1 with msaa and sgssaa? e.g 2x / 2x , 4x / 4x etc.

You don't necessarily have to go 1:1. SGSSAA will work so long as the type of AA you're pairing it with has a color sample count that is the same or higher. For example, 4xMSAA has 4 color samples so you can run it with 2xSGSSAA and 4xSGSSAA, but not 8xSGSSAA. And 8xCSAA has only 4 color samples and 8 coverage samples so you can only run it with up to 4xSGSSAA.

There is more information here.

Kyaw

Good resource about SGSSAA!

Shame my 480 isn't good enough for 60fps@4xSGSSAA in Mirror's Edge. :(

@Mandiller: Use abload.de or Min.us for hosting images. Imgur has a size limit/compression.

Corky

decyx said:
You don't necessarily have to go 1:1. SGSSAA will work so long as the type of AA you're pairing it with has a color sample count that is the same or higher. For example, 4xMSAA has 4 color samples so you can run it with 2xSGSSAA and 4xSGSSAA, but not 8xSGSSAA. And 8xCSAA has only 4 color samples and 8 coverage samples so you can only run it with up to 4xSGSSAA.

Oh I see, thank you very much. I'm trying to figure this out, so if I want to run 8xSGSSAA I need atleast 8xMSAA?

iNvid02

Corky said:
Oh I see, thank you very much. I'm trying to figure this out, so if I want to run 8xSGSSAA I need atleast 8xMSAA?

i found this really good aa guide a while ago, i'll try and see if i can get locate it.

also under multisampling in nvidia inspector there is "xS" aa starting at "4xS" - its combined so give it a try

Kyaw

Dynamic3 said:
Would you mind sharing what settings you have forced here (assuming you do because I have all in-game maxed and it looks nowhere near as good)?

Thank you sir.

Downsampled from 1080p?

Corky

iNvidious01 said:
i found this really good aa guide a while ago, i'll try and see if i can get locate it.

also under multisampling in nvidia inspector there is "xS" aa starting at "4xS" - its combined so give it a try

Oh I'd love to partake in said guide. Hmm , this combined AA , is it MSAA and SGSSAA combined in one? Which one do you use when you play darksiders?

Dynamic3 said:
Would you mind sharing what settings you have forced here (assuming you do because I have all in-game maxed and it looks nowhere near as good)?

Thank you sir.

The things I've done is forcing 4xMSAA in inspector and resizing the picture from 1080p to 1600x900 like kyaw said(not necessarily in order to get better IQ but simply that I enjoy slightly smaller screens, and I'm well aware that this is the highres screen but that doesn't mean it's optimal to post 1600p screens etc ).

edit : I'll just repost my question in here since it got wedged between screenshots

decyx said:

Oh I see, thank you very much. I'm trying to figure this out, so if I want to run 8xSGSSAA I need atleast 8xMSAA? My german is shall we say nein good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom