• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The Witcher

b15c9e03243ba93dc7ca54b3384818192b2451d9.jpg

371a9adfeaacb38010ee8c8dc168299471f57691.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I just finished Blood of Elves and those screens make me want to spend another 50 hours playing The Witcher. Maybe I'll just make a Geralt for Saints Row.

it's hard to listen to this without feeling the urge to replay TW1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtBPedrRPA8&feature=related

edit - somehow I just did a repost...

Luthos

The Witcher

http://i.picpar.com/b15c9e03243ba93dc7ca54b3384818192b2451d9.jpg[img]

[img]http://i.picpar.com/371a9adfeaacb38010ee8c8dc168299471f57691.jpg[img]

it's hard to listen to this without feeling the urge to replay TW1: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtBPedrRPA8&feature=related[/url]

edit - somehow I just did a repost...[/QUOTE]

ungh, nostalgia @ the Dike song. For some reason, I remember my Witcher playthrough as a bizarre surreal experience. Yet a good one.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Diablo 3 art director left shortly after all the wannabee arm-chair developers on the internet complained about the first media release that at the time looked a helluva lot better than it does now. I wouldn't be surprised if that art director got fed up with his bosses telling him to listen to the fans mock-ups.

Designing a game based on a vocal group of people on the internet is not a good idea. The loudest people are the ones that hate.

Oh and Postman, don't say anything good about console games in this thread. Too many black and white thinkers in here. (Even though I disagree with you about Batman, just general advice about console talk in here).

it's hard to listen to this without feeling the urge to replay TW1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtBPedrRPA8&feature=related

edit - somehow I just did a repost...

Peaceful Moments is my pick, it's so very pretty but with a hint of melancholy. Just like me.

I think the repost thing is caused by the new AJAX edit-in-place hotness getting messed up. Hasn't happened to me in Chrome so far though.

Oh and Postman, don't say anything good about console games in this thread. Too many black and white thinkers in here. (Even though I disagree with you about Batman, just general advice about console talk in here).

What poppycock.

Smash88

Banned
it is not a bullshot it is just a lower rez on your higher rez monitor and probably with your browser filtering it a bit.

But you can clearly see what I am talking about. Everything is more pronounced.

Do not worry though I mainly game on my pc but this game came out on 360 first so i got it there. i am downloading the pc version now. I am pretty sure it is just his color settings.

You are starting off really well Junior.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.

Pardon? This is a thread about showing the IQ of pc-games and if there's anything, anything, that is black and white in this hobby of ours it's the difference in visual fidelity between consoles and pc.

And no need to be so melodramatic.

LOL you guys are killing me with this Postman bullshit about his 360 looking better.. i've had an odd night and couldn't sleep, I woke up for some nicotine and saw all the last two pages, I laughed so hard my poor g/f woke up!

Lime

LOL you guys are killing me with this Postman bullshit about his 360 looking better.. i've had an odd night and couldn't sleep, I woke up for some nicotine and saw all the last two pages, I laughed so hard my poor g/f woke up!

In Postman's defense, the screenshot in question included a fan-made Texmod of the Batman suit. And this fan-made suit is pretty crappy looking (from a technical perspective).

Corky

" 2011 High-Res PC Screenshot |OT 3| of hey Mr postman. "

In Postman's defense, the screenshot in question included a fan-made Texmod of the Batman suit. And this fan-made suit is pretty crappy looking (from a technical perspective).

Aye, I'm hoping he was just referring to the poor spec mapping on the suit than the IQ in general.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Diablo 3 art director left shortly after all the wannabee arm-chair developers on the internet complained about the first media release that at the time looked a helluva lot better than it does now. I wouldn't be surprised if that art director got fed up with his bosses telling him to listen to the fans mock-ups.

Designing a game based on a vocal group of people on the internet is not a good idea. The loudest people are the ones that hate.

The game looked like shit before the Internet started crying over it and it looks shit now. The art direction looks incredibly bland and the tech does absolutely nothing to save it.

Lime

If the bosses wanted the game to look different, how come it still looks as "colourful + cartoony" as the original reveals?

Diablo 3 looks like shit, there is no way about it. What fans have to say or how Blizzard has failed to react to the outcry, are irrelevant to how the game is going to look, based on the beta.

ToD_

If the bosses wanted the game to look different, how come it still looks as "colourful + cartoony" as the original reveals?

Diablo 3 looks like shit, there is no way about it. What fans have to say or how Blizzard has failed to react to the outcry, are irrelevant to how the game is going to look, based on the beta.

Totally agree. Other than some nice particle effects there is nothing special going on. It's just not a looker, to say the least. I doubt we'll see many D3 screenshots appear here upon release beyond the first 2 days.

That said, I'm having no doubts I'll get hooked on this game like crack. The game does play wonderfully.

Corky

Here are our protagonists again, with shit on their faces but in other locations!

Sigh... I wish I could turn it off.

bf32011-12-0815-44-2356rhq.png

bf32011-12-0815-45-36w2phh.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I don't even understand how there is dirt on the screen in the first shot. It's like the character was rubbing his face in the dirt before the level starts or something.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Totally agree. Other than some nice particle effects there is nothing special going on. It's just not a looker, to say the least. I doubt we'll see many D3 screenshots appear here upon release beyond the first 2 days.

That said, I'm having no doubts I'll get hooked on this game like crack. The game does play wonderfully.
Compared to Dota 2, which has some fantastic use of motion blur as well, the particle effects in Diablo 3 are pretty underwhelming. Dota 2 is kind of ahead of pretty much everything else when it comes to that department though.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Renegade Ops looks so clean and detailed it truly supersedes high isometric views, like in strategy games, that usually use sprites.

Corky

Let's not go overboard here.

Don't go there girlfriend...

Is there a reason Path of Exile looks twice as good as Diablo 3? Both are in Beta right?

I don't really think PoE looks twice as good, but I'm sure blizz wants a broad userbase and as such is forced to place the game rather low, with regards to lowest common denominator. Something tells me PoE requires a beefier pc than D3, besides only one of them is pc-exclusive.
Yes, D3 or a game based on the same engine/assets is coming to consoles

KKRT00

Something tells me PoE requires a beefier pc than D3, besides only one of them is pc-exclusive.
Yes, D3 or a game based on the same engine/assets is coming to consoles

Actually not ;p PoE runs much better than D3.
Also PoE is being made by 8-9 people who had never made a game before.

inky

The game looked like shit before the Internet started crying over it and it looks shit now. The art direction looks incredibly bland and the tech does absolutely nothing to save it.

Funny thing is, the hand painted textures were supposed to prevent the game from looking outdated several years after launch like happened with Diablo 2.

The game is still in beta and it already looks years old, let alone crappy and bland.

Lime

Regarding Ass Creed: Revelations:

Is the age of Ezio relevant to the gameplay? Like, is he nerfed/slower/less agile/etc? Or is he just as agile as his younger self?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Regarding Ass Creed: Revelations:

Is the age of Ezio relevant to the gameplay? Like, is he nerfed/slower/less agile/etc? Or is he just as agile as his younger self?

The story makes note of his age and sometimes he 'shows' it in scripted gameplay sequences where he has been injured, but by large he runs, moves and acts just as fast as always.

Whats AA used in Ass Creed? It looks pretty amazing.

Just in-game MSAA. Nothing forced.

ac10jpm5.jpg

ac2fer0m.jpg

ToD_

Compared to Dota 2, which has some fantastic use of motion blur as well, the particle effects in Diablo 3 are pretty underwhelming. Dota 2 is kind of ahead of pretty much everything else when it comes to that department though.

No doubt. Unfortunately the genres are so different, I can't pick one over the other - other than graphics. I haven't gotten into the DotA 'genre', but hopefully Dota 2 will change my mind on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom