• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
bf32011-12-0819-18-34du6my.jpg

bf32011-12-0819-12-31rb6bt.jpg

KKRT00

It's probably the crack you're smoking.

But seriously, they look different. one has a painting look to it and one has a more realistic look.

One has high res textures, shaders and particles, higher polys, real-time lighting and proper shadows, other does not.
And yes, they look different.

I think Path of Exile looks better too, but I would need to see what they both look like in motion.

illGQ6swNPpKl.gif

==
Some of my old PoE screenshots.

qNd16.jpg

LCdBL.jpg

Jibbed

Finally figured out why BF3 looks so iffy, even on max settings. The geometry LOD is really poor... everything is just either really flat or low-detail with decent textures thrown in. The foliage is also poor when you look at it, really kills it for me.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
It looks great, and what about the framerate? I think it's >100 fps or something ridiculous like that on modern PCs.

I ran it with triplebuffering, also I didn't think to check actually but I'd be surprised if the game pushes my pc in any way.

KKRT00

53ZbU.jpg

tSfvs.jpg

Path of Exile looks fantastic, but it seems way too zoomed in, can you pull the camera back?
Unfortunately not ;\ Its GGG design choice though, they wanted You to feel claustrophobic in dungeons, but they've got a lot 'complains' about that, especially from people using 4:3 resolutions so they are thinking about adding it.

Durante

Path of Exile looks great even without considering any external circumstances. When you actually realize it's made by a tiny team by modern standards, and that the levels are randomized, it's just ridiculous. I'm not in the Diablo 3 beta so I can't make any direct comparisons, but just looking at screenshots it's pretty embarrassing for Blizzard.

Best looking game, or best looking game? Renegade ops.
Have been playing that recently, and it really is amazing looking. Also, split screen coop on PC! Yay!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Path of Exile looks great even without considering any external circumstances. When you actually realize it's made by a tiny team by modern standards, and that the levels are randomized, it's just ridiculous. I'm not in the Diablo 3 beta so I can't make any direct comparisons, but just looking at screenshots it's pretty embarrassing for Blizzard.

Have been playing that recently, and it really is amazing looking. Also, split screen coop on PC! Yay!

Aye, can't wait to get further along with it though, have to finish SR3 first. ( though I adore that game as well )

Disclaimer: not a pro-Diablo 3 post.

Technically, Path of Exile really impresses but the art-style hasn't really grown on me since I first started seeing bits of the game. I need to play it I reckon.

Appleman

Hey guys, I hope this isn't against any rules of the thread, but I was inspired by the "Do PC Games actually look better" thread where I claimed that I was running Arkham City essentially maxed out on 2006 hardware. My claim was refuted, but the thread was locked, so I figured I'd boot up the 'ol PC and take some screenshots. Upon doing so, I realized that my claims were slightly exaggerated, with the framerates falling in the 38-50 zone outside, and the 50-60 zone inside. (Other than some annoying stuttering that the game seems to be plagued with). I did however note that the game is running completely maxed in DX9 except for PhysX and AA (didn't try the FXAA implementation).

(I forgot to enable the framerate overlay for the screenshot, but both were taken at ~45fps)

1db56e5e8ef0cd4b609eea33d8fcee03cb0bbb5a.png

0adabf13a8f8c21b04e1c15a92249e57d0cc908d.png

Mmm Skyrim. Nearing 80 hours. Saves fail to load sometimes... the end is drawing closer, one way or another :<

tesv2011-12-0421-13-0fm729.png

tesv2011-12-0821-57-5rx73l.png

Power Rangers with Zordon (yeah there's only 3 but so what ;P)

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Trine 2
Intel Core i7 950 OC'ed to 4.2Ghz
EVGA GTX 580 1.5GB
G.Skill 6GB DDR3 1600
Samsung 22 inches 3D display

in 3D mode I get between 20 and 30 FPS everything maxed. Game is amazingly beautiful and you can see it was made to showcase 3D Vision as it is one of the most impressive games I have played in 3D so far!

Red

Too much going on in those Trine screens for me. The character gets lost in the pile of bloomy blurriness.

My eyes are attracted to the huge bright lights, when I want to be focusing on the player. The foreground is purple, the background is purple... I don't know. Seems to be lacking a sense of focus. I didn't even realize there was a huge ass dragon in one of those pics until my third or fourth time looking at it.

Tomodachi

Too much going on in those Trine screens for me. The character gets lost in the pile of bloomy blurriness.

My eyes are attracted to the huge bright lights, when I want to be focusing on the player. The foreground is purple, the background is purple... I don't know. Seems to be lacking a sense of focus. I didn't even realize there was a huge ass dragon in one of those pics until my third or fourth time looking at it.

My thoughts exactly. It's like it's... too much. I'm sure it's only an impression from stills though, I think it may actually work great in motion. Can't wait for the first price drop, I loved the first episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom