• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Pro-tip: Before you pose for the crowd after a dunk attempt, make sure you actually made the basket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzwrfTIEzfk

Dastardly Jerks said:
So a homophobe, a rapist, and a black guy walk into a bar, and everyone's like "Can I have your autograph, Kobe?"
After receiving a technical foul during Tuesday's game, Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant appeared to direct a homophobic slur toward referee Bennie Adams, but he says his words "should not be taken literally."

Bryant's reaction was caught on camera on TNT's national telecast of the key Western Conference battle with the San Antonio Spurs. After getting hit with the T, he stormed to the bench, hit his seat before sitting down, threw a towel and then yelled, "Bennie!" toward the court. Bryant then leaned back and muttered what appeared to be a gay slur.
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6344596

Hey Lakers, if you're gonna "tank" (lol, y'all just got your ass handed five times in a row, that's called sucking, not tanking) the end of the season, do it right, ya?

boston.png

What was Jodi thinking?

dwightposter.gif

Will that be useful in the playoffs? Find out and see!

terryface.gif

First Round Matchups

LEAST

Bulls versus Pacers
Heat versus Sixers
Celtics versus Knicks
Magic versus Hawks

WEST

Spurs versus Grizzlies
Lakers versus Hornets
Mavericks versus Blazers
Thunder versus Nuggets

viakado said:
so you enjoy public masochisms. gotcha.

server: studio64.yi.org
channel: #nba-age

irc clients:
windows - use mirc or xchat
mac - colloquy

2K web irc chat (via mibbit.com)
Chatzilla(firefox extention)

reilo, put this info on all your OP, yah?

Branduil

Oh boy, I can't wait to see Team X with 5 billion championships play Team Y with 6 billion for the NBA title! I hope there will be at least 100 free throws in this game!

Lockout can't come soon enough.

Gigglepoo

AirBrian said:
Ugh, not the series I'd like to remember. Thanks for that though.

You're a Mavs/Bulls fan, right? You suffered through the Warriors travesty four years ago and now it's time to feel the pain in the Eastern conference!

Branduil said:
Oh boy, I can't wait to see Team X with 5 billion championships play Team Y with 6 billion for the NBA title! I hope there will be at least 100 free throws in this game!

Lockout can't come soon enough.

No lockout can save us from Helmeppo's wrath.

It was written, it shall be done. Laker opponents shouldn't even show up to the games.

Bulls in 4
Heat in 7
Celtics in 5
Hawks in 7

Bulls in 4
Celtics in 6

Bulls in 5

Spurs in 7
Lakers in 6
Blazers in 5
Nuggets in 7

Spurs in 6
Lakers in 7

Spurs in 7

Championship pick: Spurs over Bulls in 6 games.

aznpxdd

LEAST

Bulls versus Pacers - Bulls in 5
Heat versus Sixers - Heat in 5
Celtics versus Knicks - Celtics in 6
Magic versus Hawks - Magic in 5

WEST

Spurs versus Grizzlies - Spurs in 5
Lakers versus Hornets - Lakers in 5
Mavericks versus Blazers - Mavericks in 6
Thunder versus Nuggets - Thunder in 6

AirBrian

Gigglepoo said:
You're a Mavs/Bulls fan, right? You suffered through the Warriors travesty four years ago and now it's time to feel the pain in the Eastern conference!
Ha! Your Pacers will not get their revenge for the Miller years!

(It is nice to see them back in the playoffs though...what's it been, 5 years?)

Jackson50

Rematch of the 06 Finals. However, Dirk does not choke this time. Mavs win in 6. Cuban attains the elusive championship.

Black Mamba said:
I still think only OKC or Spurs can take em out in the West and they can't see each other til the WCF.

AHAHAH

Even if we get close, a meteor will crash into our team bus before the elimination game and the Lakers will win with a bye.

Branduil said:
Why are you surprised? There has never been a moment in time where this was not true. This is like the daughter of a billionaire feigning surprise when he buy her her sixth Camaro.

Quoting for truth.

dream

Pro: reilo used my Celtics starting lineup picture
Con: reilo linked that hateful Von Wafer video

Celtics over OKC in 5.

lol Spurs and Mavs fans pretending to be Sisters of the Poor. SA lucked into Duncan when they shouldn't have even had a shot, and the Mavs spend a billion dollars every year. Yeah i'm sure Minny and Memphis fans can relate.

Teams to root for in playoffs rankings:

Grizzlies
Blazers
Bulls
Spurs
It's impossible to come with more than four with these teams in the playoffs, wish the Lakers and Hornets could both lose in that matchup.

Gigglepoo

a posh hammer said:
Dallas getting into the second round will be satisfactory I think.

Well, you shoot for the stars, and you hit the roof

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Teams to root for in playoffs rankings:

Grizzlies
Blazers
Bulls
Spurs
It's impossible to come with more than four with these teams in the playoffs, wish the Lakers and Hornets could both lose in that matchup.

How can you not root for the Pacers? They're practically Utah East.

THUNDER NUGGETS

my new band name. When watching Comcast Sports Net, it always comes up as
THUNDER
NUGGETS

on the bottom marquee. Anyway, go Bulls

Branduil

Jackson50 said:
Rematch of the 06 Finals. However, Dirk does not choke this time. Mavs win in 6. Cuban attains the elusive championship.
Are we doing our "on drugs" predictions now?

Mine: Tim Duncan reveals he has to go back to his home planet now. Is killed on the way back by freak meteor storm.

Carlos Boozer is struck by lightning in the middle of magical storm that appears above the court and goes blind. From now on he can only see things if they are written in comic sans.

Lebron James accidentally gets into the wrong car and enters the twilight zone. He's stuck in an airplane with a little kid who can send him to the cornfield at any time, and what's worse, he's pretty sure Chris Bosh is on the wing.

Hey Kings-age, condolences. I hope you guys stick around and cheer for Anaheim, because I really enjoy reading all of your posts. <3

Or maybe switch to being Spurs fans. That'd be cool too. :D

Bishman

@espn_macmahon: Jason Terry: "A lot of teams want to play us, and they’re going to get their shot one by one."

dream

This seems like a good time for numble's pictures of Richard Jefferson and Luke Walton looking like
kobe-o.gif

AirBrian

Ninja Scooter said:
lol Spurs and Mavs fans pretending to be Sisters of the Poor. SA lucked into Duncan when they shouldn't have even had a shot, and the Mavs spend a billion dollars every year. Yeah i'm sure Minny and Memphis fans can relate.
To be fair, you guys got Pau for like a bag of pretzels. And not even the name-brand ones, I'm talking the "Great Value" brand at Wal-Mart. Memphis should've gotten retracted for that trade alone. Sorry, Bish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom