• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

70171440.jpg

55771376.jpg

You sure AA is working in those NFS shots?

I'm actually not 100% sure... I was fiddling with the SMAA toggle and when you're downsampling sometimes it's a little tricky to tell whether it's on or not.

Just for reference, here's a downsampled shot with SMAA and one without

ibl1U1f6rQDBYH.png

ibo6j21yrHKcAV.png

Edit: Looking at the full sized shots, I think the motion blur might negate the AA a bit.

Gvaz

Banned
What kind of FPS do you guys get on DayZ at max on a 570? I told my friend to get one back when he upgraded his computer, but he popped it on max on that system without fraps at a 1080/1200 res and I'm pretty sure when he was turning around and shit the fps was dropping down to sub 20fps.

I was going to get one myself so if that's the case, that's pretty much unacceptable to me given the price, so I'll hold out for the 670 instead.

What kind of FPS do you guys get on DayZ at max on a 570? I told my friend to get one back when he upgraded his computer, but he popped it on max on that system without fraps at a 1080/1200 res and I'm pretty sure when he was turning around and shit the fps was dropping down to sub 20fps.

I was going to get one myself so if that's the case, that's pretty much unacceptable to me given the price, so I'll hold out for the 670 instead.

If I recall correctly, if you turn post processing down or off then the game looks and runs a whole lot better.

haikira

Something i found on reddit. May be helpful.

http://www.abload.de/img/swqhhn6bnw.png

Watevaman

How do the plane and helicopter handle, Sethos? It's obviously an alpha right now but I might plop down the $15 to fool around with them.

Sethos

Banned
How do the plane and helicopter handle, Sethos? It's obviously an alpha right now but I might plop down the $15 to fool around with them.

They are 'sensitive arcade with a touch of sim' for lack of better explanation. They have implemented controls for mixtures, trim and more advanced helicopter controls but there's still some laws of physics being broken big-time. The way you spawn them, when you crash they plonk through the ground and you really need to work on sensitivity settings because they will barrel roll be looking at them. So there's a good base for some solid simulation controls but they are still very much WIP. Helicopter is probably the most fun, plane is kinda numb.

Best way I can explain them

legacyzero

Banned
I'm trying Anteworld out, but cant seem to get Afterburner to recognize it for shots and vids.

What are you using for capture, Sethos?

iNvid02

i did remember to disable afterburner, but i guess thats it, im on 304.79

not gonna downgrade for this, i'll just observe everyone's shots for now

Top Bottom