• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 Major League Soccer |OT| THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT!

Askani

Sorry for the dumb question but I haven't had any kind of cable or satellite TV for about 4 years now. How does this free trial thing work for Direct Kick? I'll be out of town at my parent's house over the weekend they have shit internet, so I can't try to stream the game. They have Dish though. Do I just call the company and say I want the trial and then cancel it right after?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry for the dumb question but I haven't had any kind of cable or satellite TV for about 4 years now. How does this free trial thing work for Direct Kick? I'll be out of town at my parent's house over the weekend they have shit internet, so I can't try to stream the game. They have Dish though. Do I just call the company and say I want the trial and then cancel it right after?

The channels should just work for that weekend.

Askani

Also, just in case people didn't see SKC's new kit:

1b7MBv.St.81.jpeg

HlXXg.St.81.jpg

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/02/2...-for.html?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

On this kit, the first subtle detail to point out is the state line that runs through the crest. "Kansas" is in light blue; "Missouri" in dark. Kansas City is a unique city that straddles two states and it's not a coincidence that the line runs right through the crest and over the heart. Sporting Kansas City is a locally owned franchise and a fairly sizable chunk of their 30-man roster (as of right now, six players were born in KC). The divided city is part of Sporting KC's identity. This jersey doesn't tell that story as much as it represents it.

The second detail to point out is the rule line that runs to the left of the darker blue field that represents "Missouri." It's a design element that really makes a tremendous difference. It helps define and separate the two color fields and, in Reynolds' words, it makes the jersey "classier and feel more modern."

The other subtle detail to scope is the checkered neck tape on the inside the collar.

According to Reynolds: "The checkerboard pattern is a nod to the flags" that the fans in the Cauldron wave.

More proof that the organization here really gets the fans. I love that.

UncleO

I worry tho, I know Le Toux is a fan favorite but I kind of still question his scoring. The loss of Valdes kills me too, I trust in Parke but worry about Soumare...and to be honest, a part of me questions Hacks choices. He's better then Nowak for sure, but I wonder is he is the man to build a playoff caliber team.
All in all, I think we will do better then last year, but I have a feeling it might be like 2011 where we "creeped" into the playoffs.
No matter tho, win or lose I'll be their every game screaming for my boys in blue! (or black now lol)
awesome swag from SOB this year, i did not renew my membership had too many things going on. On the U; i have ZERO faith in hack. i hope im proven wrong but my little faith in him will be destroyed when he starts the Cruz missile over torres and tries to shove Marfan in the center of the pitch. Even with my lack of faith in the manager i will be there to support the boys like i have been for the past 3 years. Doop Doop Doop

I really hope we have a good game, hope the season is better then last :/

I worry tho, I know Le Toux is a fan favorite but I kind of still question his scoring. The loss of Valdes kills me too, I trust in Parke but worry about Soumare...and to be honest, a part of me questions Hacks choices. He's better then Nowak for sure, but I wonder is he is the man to build a playoff caliber team.
All in all, I think we will do better then last year, but I have a feeling it might be like 2011 where we "creeped" into the playoffs.
No matter tho, win or lose I'll be their every game screaming for my boys in blue! (or black now lol)

I'm not worried about LeToux, he showed moments of brilliance last year when he got a chance to get on the field. That was a lot of moving around he did and now that he is back in a comfortable place I think he will be productive again. Maybe not as prolific as when he left, but even half of what he gave us will significantly help our offense at this point.

I hated to see Valdes go, but from the video footage and flashes of playmaking I've seen of Soumare, if he's healthy I think he's potentially a better player. I'm not a huge fan of Hack either, I honestly think he's over his head, but he seems to at least be level headed so hopefully he is willing to adjust if things go south on us again unlike Nowak. I don't see us making the playoffs unless Marfan, LeToux, Casey and Jack all have huge years and Torres actually sees the field, which is unlikely.

awesome swag from SOB this year, i did not renew my membership had too many things going on. On the U; i have ZERO faith in hack. i hope im proven wrong but my little faith in him will be destroyed when he starts the Cruz missile over torres and tries to shove Marfan in the center of the pitch. Even with my lack of faith in the manager i will be there to support the boys like i have been for the past 3 years. Doop Doop Doop

yea Hackworth's insistence on starting Cruz over some of our other options since we traded for him has been cringeworthy. Especially when he was lining up as a forward in the 4-3-3 for awhile. Cruz isn't awful, I'd like him coming off the bench at the end of the game to hustle and bring energy, but he's not starting XI material.

I think Marfan's best position is high up on the right side as most of his productive dribbling and playmaking that has resulted in goals since he's been here has been from that area. However, from the preseason games I've seen, he looks a lot more comfortable in the center of the midfield so far that he did last year and was directing the troops and finding guys open pretty well so if Torres doesn't get the nod, I'm OK with him at CAM.

Torres should def be out there tho, I don't agree with the comments/rumors from Hack or the technical staff that he is too much of a defensive liability. What he brings to the table on the attack, well outweighs what his lack of defense and size will cost us.

I'll be there too on Saturday, re-dooped again for the 4th year and am ready to cheer the boys on!

Osorio

Joined fantasy league. I'm usually spotty on Premier League fantasy teams but since I actually care about MLS I should be in for the long haul.

GRW810

I created the fantasy league on mlssoccer.com. If anybody objects to classic instead of head to head let me know.

League name: mlsgaf2013

Code to join: 10596-1985

That code is invalid, one two many numbers in that first set. Should be XXXX-XXXX.

EDIT: Realised what the deal was; the league is a Head-to-Head, not Classic. I'd rather Classic to be honest, but hey.

When I was entering the code in Classic it wasn't working, so I tried Head-to-Head and it worked. Now the league is listed under Classic. I have absolutely no idea what happened. The site keeps logging me out too.

Probably had an extra space at the beginning/end. That was causing me trouble when I entered it.

I just joined the league. I have no idea who most of these people are or what I'm doing for the most part, but it'll help keep a better idea of what's going on in MLS

UncleO

yea Hackworth's insistence on starting Cruz over some of our other options since we traded for him has been cringeworthy. Especially when he was lining up as a forward in the 4-3-3 for awhile. Cruz isn't awful, I'd like him coming off the bench at the end of the game to hustle and bring energy, but he's not starting XI material.

I think Marfan's best position is high up on the right side as most of his productive dribbling and playmaking that has resulted in goals since he's been here has been from that area. However, from the preseason games I've seen, he looks a lot more comfortable in the center of the midfield so far that he did last year and was directing the troops and finding guys open pretty well so if Torres doesn't get the nod, I'm OK with him at CAM.

Torres should def be out there tho, I don't agree with the comments/rumors from Hack or the technical staff that he is too much of a defensive liability. What he brings to the table on the attack, well outweighs what his lack of defense and size will cost us.

I'll be there too on Saturday, re-dooped again for the 4th year and am ready to cheer the boys on!
oyXH2.gif

found my new swag for the season
TT-AD8881ACKHS-2.jpg

Askani

Whoever finally makes the 2013 thread let's make sure no one posts in it so we can make the only person with any initative feel bad.

Damn, if I'm the one with the most initiative, you dinks are seriously lazy. :p

New thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517974

I'm out of town on vacation with only my phone, so updates will come later. Also, feel free to suggest a new thread title if you think mine sucks. Lastly, feel free to pm me username::primary team and I'll compile a list of supporters for the OP.

Good luck to whoever you support and bring on the 2013 season!

Top Bottom