• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
The return of TD23!
fHkw0m.jpg

Alrix

Didn't Toney Douglas do alright last year in the playoffs? I remember he had like 20+ points a couple of times, or once.

He was good during a 6 or 7 game stretch during the regular season, when Chauncey went down with an injury and Toney had to start. He actually played the point pretty damn well, outplaying Chris Paul in one of the games (although part of that was probably CP3 just having a shitty night) but it started plenty of sports talk for a couple of days about Toney being our PG of the future. That's why they gave him the starting PG job when the season opened. It didn't really last though, but he showed a bit of potential.

He averaged about 10-11 ppg during the 4 game sweep last year.

TD has barely played in the last 2 months and he looked pretty crappy during garbage time as well recently

But TD wears Jeffrey's magical number.

Speaking of Jeffrey, Magic now owns a better team than Jazzy Jeff too.

Advantage: Magic

Still has all his money.

Won All Star MVP in his last game.

Beat Bird in the playoffs, in his prime.

Beat HIV in a blowout.

I could go on.

Isn't TD also having problems at home? Something with his wife if I remember...
Plus a new kid, PLUS the torn labrum (Knicks staff had admitted he wasn't completely back from it and it messed up his shot), PLUS suddenly being anointed the PG in Camp...

Yeah, any swag the dude had was destroyed.

h3ro

Yeah, any swag the dude had was destroyed.

Yep and any chance he had at a fresh start once Pringles got fired is gone now since woodson went straight to bibby's rotting corpse to back up Baron.

At one time, I thought he was gonna evolve into the role that we currently have JR Smith for as that guy to provide instant offense off the bench that kills other teams if they get hot. Hopefully he gets some more burn.

But TD wears Jeffrey's magical number.

I still hold out hope that TD can be decent. I have a soft spot for the guy because of how hard he plays and how nice of a guy he is.

cant do anything but to believe in him now. we need every bit of help we can get and the least we can do is cheer him on i suppose :/ toney deserves at least one game now to get the rust off so to speak. if jr fucking smith can get this many minutes i dont see why toney shouldnt get a chance

i wonder if woodson is in a tougher place now than he was a few weeks ago

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Lol @ Kobe

I don't care if he hit the game winner, if you start 0-18, you're the reason your team almost loses to the hornets.

Once you get to 0-8 or 0-10 ish, you need to say "Okay, tonight just isn't my night, I'm going to focus on creating for my teammates," and if it comes down to you hitting the game winners, great. But 0-18? That's just fucking over the rest of your team.

Kyrie Irving out tonight, Donald Sloan will start at PG for Cavs.
Yep and any chance he had at a fresh start once Pringles got fired is gone now since woodson went straight to bibby's rotting corpse to back up Baron.
You'd think Woodson knows after yesterday Bibby is LEast Coast Fisher. I'm not asking for TD to start, but would it kill the Knicks to give Toney 15 minutes? Just to rest Shumpert. Here's the other scary thing:

Carmelo: Playing through Groin strain
Davis: Playing through Sore Hammy
Chandler: Playing through Sore groin/sore wrist

It could become MUCH worse before it gets better for the Knicks.

Lol @ Kobe

I don't care if he hit the game winner, if you start 0-18, you're the reason your team almost loses to the hornets.

Once you get to 0-8 or 0-10 ish, you need to say "Okay, tonight just isn't my night, I'm going to focus on creating for my teammates," and if it comes down to you hitting the game winners, great. But 0-18? That's just fucking over the rest of your team.

Some of those shots he had to take though. He even missed a layup uncontested from 2 feet out :(

Alrix

cant do anything but to believe in him now. we need every bit of help we can get and the least we can do is cheer him on i suppose :/

i wonder if woodson is in a tougher place now than he was a few weeks ago

Yeah. Now we get to see just how strong Melo's back is. Let's see if he can carry us for the next few weeks.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Some of those shots he had to take though. He even missed a layup uncontested from 2 feet out :(

enough to push him to 0-18? maybe 0-12 or 0-13 at most.

Don't defend kobe. He was shit. There's no excuse to take 18 shots without making one, because once it starts approaching 0-10, you should stop looking to shoot unless you're wide open or it's a gimmie layup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom