• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Ugh @ Griffin hurting his knee. What the hell is going on with all the damn knee injuries over the last several years? This shit is out of control.

And a thumbs up to signing Ramon, I wonder if it's a S&T swap with Augustin going to the Lakers?

lawl

god no

ramon is just... he's a good backup. but i don't want a good backup.

I like Davis and I think he's going to be a superstar in this league eventually, but it is insane that he is getting the call up over players like Josh Smith, Horford, Al Jefferson, Hibbert, and several others that are probably better than he is right now.

lawl

god no

ramon is just... he's a good backup. but i don't want a good backup.

We gotta try and appease some of our dumbass fans who think last year was the result of incompetence rather than the start of Cho's rebuilding plan.

I like Davis and I think he's going to be a superstar in this league eventually, but it is insane that he is getting the call up over players like Josh Smith, Horford, Al Jefferson, Hibbert, and several others that are probably better than he is right now.

It's not too shocking that he'd get called up to Team USA before Horford.

DY_nasty

We gotta try and appease some of our dumbass fans who think last year was the result of incompetence rather than the start of Cho's rebuilding plan.
No we don't.

OKC's fanbase was fine when they were getting smacked around. Ours didn't drop out of the top half of league attendance until it was OBVIOUS that the team wasn't trying to win shit. If Cho wanted to bring in Eric Snow to back up Kemba, I'd be too fucking down for it. I already get the feeling that Dunlap is going to fuck things up by making us look decent for a solid stretch of the season.

Where are u reading this?

I found this

Chris Tomasson
Greg Oden’s agent told me his client has changed his tune and now is willing to return this season after having wanted to take all of 2012-13 off. “(Oden) called me, and he was kind of excited,’’ agent Mike Conley said about the often-injured Oden calling Conley earlier this week. “I think he’s motivated… He wants to play. He had said he wanted to take this season off but he’s backed off from that… He’s open to playing this season. I think he will play this season.

Mike Conley, agent for Greg Oden, said he has not heard anything from the Heat since Oden was waived in March. But Conley said Oden would have interest in the Heat if they ever were to be interested. “Obviously, if the Heat wanted him, who wouldn’t want to play for the Heat?’’ Conley said of the defending champions. “That goes without saying. They have roster spots and a need (at center). But it’s too early to say about where he might play.’’

Agent Mike Conley said one reason Greg Oden has backed off from taking this season off is he’s been cleared to work out and is feeling better about his situation. “He’s starting to work out,’’ Conley said. “He’s excited. You can tell he’s getting antsy. At the end of the day, I want him to finish out his NBA career. He’s still pretty young (24).

Maybe we are not interested???

Bowser

No we don't.

OKC's fanbase was fine when they were getting smacked around. Ours didn't drop out of the top half of league attendance until it was OBVIOUS that the team wasn't trying to win shit. If Cho wanted to bring in Eric Snow to back up Kemba, I'd be too fucking down for it. I already get the feeling that Dunlap is going to fuck things up by making us look decent for a solid stretch of the season.

Ramon Sessions sucks. And we'll be giving Kemba plenty of burn.

We're still due for no more than 25 wins. We'll be ok.

KingJ2002

I found this

I always envisioned him going to the Heat... but he's not ready... he needs to give his knees time to recover and also get back into playing at a high level. If he came in this season his knees would just explode again.

next year when he's available... i'm sure he'll impress again.

No we don't.

This could happen, but as long as we don't sign anyone to help out Biz on D we will continue to get murdered on the boards and in the paint. I hope that will ensure that we are at least in the bottom 5.

DY_nasty

Ramon Sessions sucks. And we'll be giving Kemba plenty of burn.

We're still due for no more than 25 wins. We'll be ok.

Kinda sucks that leverage moving DJ has no doubt been effected by this too.

Bowser

Kinda sucks that leverage moving DJ has no doubt been effected by this too.

If we can get Psycho T for DJ, let's do it. Don't even need to throw in a pick. I read though that the Pacers were offering him a 2 year deal for $9.5m and he turned that down and that's why the deal didn't go through.

Omega

Banned
Where are u reading this?

Stepped out for a bit, but shadowlark posted it.

Heat aren't interested, but he is.

Heat already have designated bench warmers in Juwan Howard (unless he's retiring but I doubt it, collect dem rings) and Dexter Pittman.

DY_nasty

If we can get Psycho T for DJ, let's do it. Don't even need to throw in a pick. I read though that the Pacers were offering him a 2 year deal for $9.5m and he turned that down and that's why the deal didn't go through.

Seriously?

He needs to bite the bullet. And we need to take that and run.
anyone else watching summer league?
Who did you guys draft?

Jonm1010

Banned
I found this

I'd be cool if the hornets took a chance on him with a small contract.

.....then again I haven't kept up with the recent oden developments to know whether this is just him in desperate need of cash or if he is truly close to healthy.

Bowser

I'd be cool if the hornets took a chance on him with a small contract.

.....then again I haven't kept up with the recent oden developments to know whether this is just him in desperate need of cash or if he is truly close to healthy.

There was a nice interview of him on Grantland done by his former teammate Mark Titus. Sounds like the Blazers' docs really fucked with his recovery: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...-overall-pick-greg-oden-injury-plagued-career

giga

Looks like Griffin is out for the olympics. Even if his injury is not that bad, they're saying Clips probably won't let him go back. Davis's ankle injury is healed though and he'll be dressed for tonight's exhibition game.

Two sources close to the situation told Stein that Davis is expected to dress for Team USA's exhibition game against the Dominican Republic on Thursday night (9 p.m. ET, ESPN).

The Dominican Republic is coached by John Calipari, Davis' former coach at Kentucky.

Griffin, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2009 draft, signed a five-year extension with the Clippers that could be worth as much as $95 million on Wednesday.

The Team USA coaching staff will be surprised if Griffin would return to the team in light of his new deal with the Clippers and his past knee injury that kept him out of what would have been his rookie season, a source with direct knowledge told ESPN.com's Andy Katz.
This piece of shit.

Jonm1010

Banned
There was a nice interview of him on Grantland done by his former teammate Mark Titus. Sounds like the Blazers' docs really fucked with his recovery: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...-overall-pick-greg-oden-injury-plagued-career
Fuck it we need a center and I don't see us drafting top five next year to grab a good one, so mine as well take a chance and place him on the bench for a year and try and bring him back slowly......if he injures so what, it's not like it would be a huge salary hit.

DY_nasty

Fuck it we need a center and I don't see us drafting top five next year to grab a good one, so mine as well take a chance and place him on the bench for a year and try and bring him back slowly......if he injures so what, it's not like it would be a huge salary hit.

lol wut

loserbro

lets be real

Oden needs to either play overseas or in the D League for a season before he attempts to come back to the NBA. It would be stupid for him to jump right back into the highest level of play after being out of the game for a few years.

Bowser

Fucking GAF dying for 2 hours. We rescind DJ's qualifying offer and he signs a 1-year, $3.5m deal with the Pacers literally 20 minutes later. Bitchmade.

Collison was a pretty good pick up for the Mavs. Certainly better than getting Ramon Sessions like they were looking at originally. I think they're going after Brand now.

Fucking GAF dying for 2 hours. We rescind DJ's qualifying offer and he signs a 1-year, $3.5m deal with the Pacers literally 20 minutes later. Bitchmade.

DJ has to feel like a total fool for not signing the deal we offered him last year. If he doesn't produce in Indy his career will pretty much be over.

DY_nasty

DJ has to feel like a total fool for not signing the deal we offered him last year. If he doesn't produce in Indy his career will be pretty much over.
Yeah, the last rumored offer was 7.5 per over 2 years, 3rd year option.

large_148213683_10.jpg

rinse82

Grunwald is just playing right? He cant possibly be thinking about matching Fields' offer sheet can he?

'hey Bryan, just calling to let you know that we're going to mat- ssiiiiiiiiikkkkkeeeeee!"

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So, someone on NBA.com, I think from the Orlando Magic, wrote an open letter to Gar Forman telling the Bulls to get involved in the Dwight sweepstakes.

LOL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom