• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
get at me when LBJ wins defensive player of the year and an MVP in the same season.
dude's got a better body than prime Jordan too and he hasnt done it.

Omega

Banned
get at me when LBJ wins defensive player of the year and an MVP in the same season.
dude's got a better body than prime Jordan too and he hasnt done it.

back then players got DPOY based on you know...defense

DPOY now is given to the guy who has the highest RPG/BPG.

LeBron has no chance, it's not really fair to hold him to that.

back then players got DPOY based on you know...defense

DPOY now is given to the guy who has the highest RPG/BPG.

LeBron has no chance, it's not really fair to hold him to that.

lol come on, Jordan averaging 3 SPG and 35 PPG didn't get him DPotY over Hakeem and Eaton despite being worse defensively than those guys?

LeBron is a great defender, but he's not as good defensively as KG, Dwight, or Bogut and you can argue about Chandler, Deng, and Iguodala.

How about this one:
1996 Bulls vs. 2000 Lakers

backissues.cgi
jbjEplr6p53lEQ.jpg

snaq would average 45 and crush luc longley's soul.

I'm trying to find that epic post where DM singlehandedly took up 90% of the space after the last remaining team couldn't get to 72 wins

Being OT's Jimmer Fredette is no easy task. Repping Honor, Truth, Loyalty... people see the brutal truth in my posts and reflect on their own ugly posting styles.

giri

are you cerrius?

and Bosh isn't going to outrebound or outmuscle other guys, but as long as he boxes the fuck out and the others are aggressive on getting it, it won't be too terrible. but easier said than done

Boxing out is such an under rated task.

Just ask Serge Ibaka about it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That because he's trying to box out 5 people.

Thats dificult yo, even for someone as wide as him.

if someone told me that ynb was the best rebounder on that team, id have a hard time arguing against them

giri

if someone told me that ynb was the best rebounder on that team, id have a hard time arguing against them

Durant is a good rebounder. Just not great.

YNB is a good rebounder cause he's loose all over the place. Rondo is a better rebounder though (for PG's).

I'd say collison isn't a bad rebounder, maybe the best at positioning on the team.

DY_nasty

wb moris

never leave again

i was this close to starting a 3 page long anime discussion with adam and frankman

Fixed. I don't do anime discussions in public. I spit hot anime truth about the ridiculous fandom, and give sage advice on wholesome non-pedo, non-loli shows you don't have to shower after you watch it or worry about Homeland Security busting down your door.
Fixed for the world to see again.

DY_nasty

Branduil gets a lot of hate-by-association. But he's actually one of the most level headed from that community.

DY_nasty

I mean when Branduil posts in anime-Gaf. Because his rep seems to be pretty not good. Even his posts in the TOONAMI thread reek of elitism.

He gets to though - in the same way that we do in every semi-basketball related themed thread in the OT. Kobe thread? We're there. Random NBA player doing something stupid? We in dat bitch. Jeremy Lin? LET ME CORRECT YOU, MOTHERFUCKER.

Its the exact same thing. And granted, the lesser informed people say some really, really dumb shit. "Bring back Paranoia Agent, it was such a great success!" "K-On would be awesome on Toonami!" - that shit should be met with whoever has the sharpest sword.

He gets to though - in the same way that we do in every semi-basketball related themed thread in the OT. Kobe thread? We're there. Random NBA player doing something stupid? We in dat bitch. Jeremy Lin? LET ME CORRECT YOU, MOTHERFUCKER.

Its the exact same thing. And granted, the lesser informed people say some really, really dumb shit. "Bring back Paranoia Agent, it was such a great success!" "K-On would be awesome on Toonami!" - that shit should be met with whoever has the sharpest sword.
Granted that's probably true (I stopped semi-trolling anime threads since Hito put out a delayed hit on me), I guess I'm not questioning the warhead but the delivery method. I've seen so many people try ink and paint to a surreal transmogrification of art that transcends the medium ... meanwhile the whole show is about some chick who longs to have sex in high school or some shit like that.

maybe a little more discussion and a little less Lord Fatbottom the Third? But then again I say that about this thread.

You know what's a funny follow up to that? I let the game download overnight. Went to work the next day. Got home and let it install (takes about another 45 minutes) and then to top things off when it was done my PS3 froze up and it gave me some error message that my data might be corrupted and it had to reformat or some shit which took another hour or so.

If there's a corrupted icon where the game should be, then that's a fucked up download.
If it just prompted you to check format after it froze, then the dl probably got interrupted somehow along the way, and it's making sure that the system is still fine.

Usually, you can skip the latter if it freezes during gameplay and you reset with the 3 beeps, but during installs it's hit or miss.

That's the PSN's fault, if it's missing data during dl, it won't install correctly and usually gives you the error because there's not a different message that it knows to give.

wb moris

never leave again

i was this close to starting a 3 page long anime discussion with adam and frankman

As long as you agree that a lot of it is garbage now, no problem. Cowboy Bebop, Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star and the Toonami era in general is the gold standard.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
As long as you agree that a lot of it is garbage now, no problem. Cowboy Bebop, Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star and the Toonami era in general is the gold standard.
Man, Outlaw Star was awesome, but yeah, anime sucks, generally speaking. I used to love the toonami shows back in the day, but I've found that nothing really comes close to that style these days. I read an article on the issue not that far back. It pretty much said that anime used to be made for the general consumption of the teenage male, anime fan or not. Then, they started making anime specifically for anime fans, because they were more likely to buy merchandise.

getout.gif

Man, Outlaw Star was awesome, but yeah, anime sucks, generally speaking. I used to love the toonami shows back in the day, but I've found that nothing really comes close to that style these days. I read an article on the issue not that far back. It pretty much said that anime used to be made for the general consumption of the teenage male, anime fan or not. Then, they started making anime specifically for anime fans, because they were more likely to buy merchandise.
Because nothing will come close to that time period. There was no competition for titles, the dot.com + anime bubble hadn't burst, and Cartoon Network themselves had not as much animation competition. 1999 was a perfect storm and CN rode that wave for 4-5 years.

But yeah, companies started going even nichier within the niche that Japanese animation tends to occupy...

DY_nasty

PSN blows. I've never had a single problem with an Xbox Live download. Not once. PSN? I've had to go through all kinds of shit... check transaction list, delete corrupted file, re-download, check corrupted file again - this time don't delete, download a third time after deleting shit that I actually need to make space for the third copy of this 12 gig file, install, delete more shit, update, then get news that my game is just fucked to begin with and that I now must download all my shit directly from PSN instead of through the game client.

Its simply not as fast either. Screw all the proxy shit. Download in background stuff, etc. If I don't do anything at all other than plug my shit in, 360 is better across the board when it comes to anything online.

But you're just hating on PSN! Ugh! I hate these Sony trolls!

08th MS team and og Gundam are great, and Gundaw Wing is still my favorite.

I tried watching the new ones. Mistake all around.

PSN blows. I've never had a single problem with an Xbox Live download. Not once. PSN? I've had to go through all kinds of shit... check transaction list, delete corrupted file, re-download, check corrupted file again - this time don't delete, download a third time after deleting shit that I actually need to make space for the third copy of this 12 gig file, install, delete more shit, update, then get news that my game is just fucked to begin with and that I now must download all my shit directly from PSN instead of through the game client.

Its simply not as fast either. Screw all the proxy shit. Download in background stuff, etc. If I don't do anything at all other than plug my shit in, 360 is better across the board when it comes to anything online.

The speed part is debatable (it's really fast for me). The ease of downloading things? Not so much.
Hopefully they paid attention to value of a universal standard for PSN 2.0.

Like, they looked at Steam and decided to hire several people away from Valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom