• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
there still are some good shows left.

hellone could argue the ratio of shitty shows and good shows are the same...

the issue is that the good shows bomb more and thus moeblobs are pushed to the forefront.

Thus you have to look harder for the good stuff and that can be a challenge that isn't worth the time.

PSN blows. I've never had a single problem with an Xbox Live download. Not once. PSN? I've had to go through all kinds of shit... check transaction list, delete corrupted file, re-download, check corrupted file again - this time don't delete, download a third time after deleting shit that I actually need to make space for the third copy of this 12 gig file, install, delete more shit, update, then get news that my game is just fucked to begin with and that I now must download all my shit directly from PSN instead of through the game client.

Its simply not as fast either. Screw all the proxy shit. Download in background stuff, etc. If I don't do anything at all other than plug my shit in, 360 is better across the board when it comes to anything online.

But you're just hating on PSN! Ugh! I hate these Sony trolls!

The PS3 is the first online console or hell online gaming I've ever done. so I personally don't see the bad parts of it...but yeah downloads are shit (they have been better since switching to wired..so try that and see if it helps). It's not perfect..not even close.

But it's free.

and to my broke-ass, that's good enough (I also don;t have a 360 anymore...and my PC is lulz).

But I've learned that if you say anythign negative abotu anybody's system of choice you will get shanked for it. I remember my Xbox Live thread and I almost got killed.

Gaming Side: if you post. Make sure it's generic as shit...any criticism can get you flamed...unless it's Capcom. Then it's cool.

08th MS team and og Gundam are great, and Gundaw Wing is still my favorite.

I tried watching the new ones. Mistake all around.
Oh you meant 08th MS Team and G Gundam. You gotta clarify that next time.
there still are some good shows left.

hellone could argue the ratio of shitty shows and good shows are the same...

the issue is that the good shows bomb more and thus moeblobs are pushed to the forefront.

Thus you have to look harder for the good stuff and that can be a challenge that isn't worth the time.
Or certain companies are paying a shitton of money to air shit.

Why is Eureka 7 airing again on TOONAMI? It was shit the first time I saw it in 2006-2007, and it did shitty in the ratings, so you wanna try to see if it'll be shit with a new generation?

Branduil

I open this thread for the first time in a while and I see Frankman talking about me behind my back? Not cool Frankman.

i6SqVtYkHICjJ.gif

You shouldn't necessarily trust everything cosmic says in the Toonami thread. We have a long-running
not serious
feud in animeGAF.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
As long as you agree that a lot of it is garbage now, no problem. Cowboy Bebop, Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star and the Toonami era in general is the gold standard.

More and more I'm convinced Gundam Wing is one of the most overrated shows of all time. It's not even good for a Gundam series, and Gundam is terrible.

08th MS is god tier though.

Oh you meant 08th MS Team and G Gundam. You gotta clarify that next time.

Or certain companies are paying a shitton of money to air shit.

Why is Eureka 7 airing again on TOONAMI? It was shit the first time I saw it in 2006-2007, and it did shitty in the ratings, so you wanna try to see if it'll be shit with a new generation?

Because why not

G Gundam was ok, I meant the original, with Amuro, etc.
But I also like the 1986 Fist of the North Star, so I may just be hatin of inferior shows.

More and more I'm convinced Gundam Wing is one of the most overrated shows of all time. It's not even good for a Gundam series, and Gundam is terrible.

08th MS is god tier though.

Agree to disagree, because GW is the best, not to say that 08th MS isn't, because I really, really enjoyed watching that show.
I honestly think the reason why I like the original so much is because they had a good mix of top-tier Gundams and pilots, and a mix of normal, but skilled people.
Looking at 08th MS and Gundam Wing, they just took each to the next level.

And I'll shut-up about anime now.

I trust no one.

I am the X-Factor in most anime threads I post in regardless for my "radical" ideas of hating fansubs, being pro-"anime becoming more mainstream", and maintaining a American VA doesn't have to sound exactly like their Japanese counterpart.

And you endorsed a show about a magical penguin girl raping her younger brother and his best friend. I can't turn my back on you at all.
Aomine is better than McGrady

EVjYR.gif
tracy_mcgrady_hurt_200712_ap.jpg

"After being crossed over by a fictional anime character Tracy McGrady was wheeled off to a waiting ambulance..."

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
wait.......wat.
Penguindrum.

But he's talking completely out of his ass on this thing in particular. I tend to agree with most of Frankman's opinions when it comes to anime and shit, but that kind of thing is why some people are like ":|" when he posts about it.

Also, he speaks ill of Persona 4 without ever having played it.

Penguindrum.

But he's talking completely out of his ass on this thing in particular. I tend to agree with most of Frankman's opinions when it comes to anime and shit, but that kind of thing is why some people are like ":|" when he posts about it.
Hey, if people want to drop random clips with no commentary I'll form more random opinions.
Also, he speaks ill of Persona 4 without ever having played it.
You know why I don't have to? Because I've played/research like 25-30 of the games in the 75+ game universe, plus all the other Persona games to know there's a flaw that differentiates P4 from the other games. And I'm not going that route. No. Not gonna do it.
wtf...

walks slowly away...
Oh git yer ass in here, would you rather read weird Kobe fanfics?

Branduil

I trust no one.

I am the X-Factor in most anime threads I post in regardless for my "radical" ideas of hating fansubs, being pro-"anime becoming more mainstream", and maintaining a American VA doesn't have to sound exactly like their Japanese counterpart.

And you endorsed a show about a magical penguin girl raping her younger brother and his best friend. I can't turn my back on you at all.

I don't even understand what you're talking about or responding to. This is Novid-levels of anime-talk non-sequiturs.

And some of us did try to help you guys out by pointing out anime from the last decade that was actually good. It is missing some stuff from recent years, but all you need to know from those is Bunny Drop, Fate/Zero, Kids on the Slope, and Penguindrum. And don't trust anyone who tells you Angel Beats is good.

This is how I cope with being partially tied to the Pacers now that DJ is gone.

Fuckball will always be a part of me.

If you're going to get tied to another team, why the Pacers? No one would blame you at this point if you went full Quad-L.

This is how I cope with being partially tied to the Pacers now that DJ is gone.

Fuckball will always be a part of me.

I'm not even sure if I am ready for this season.

We will either get a ton of lifelongs or Bynum and Doug will have a cage match by midseason.

Not in-between...that and there is too much hope around these parts. Not used to this life man.

I don't even understand what you're talking about or responding to. This is Novid-levels of anime-talk non-sequiturs.

And some of us did try to help you guys out by...
"You guys?" YOU GUYS???

such discrimination...

so insular anime-GAF is.
I think I haven't seriously followed any manga or anime other than DBZ and Deathnote. Probably missed a lot of good stuff though.
It depends. How do you feel about lolis?

Bynum is going to get torn apart so hard now that he's away from the insulating bubble of Lakers-land.

It'll be hilarious if they miss the playoffs. Bynum's really good, but because he's had a Lakers' jersey, everyone in the media thinks he's way better than Iggy and that's not really the case...

DY_nasty

I'm probably more critical and talk more shit about players than any other guy in this thread. I may as well be a fan of the worst team in the league. It only makes sense.

Watching the Pacers everyonce in a while will be painful though - I really want to follow DJ's career, dude does a lot of little things that simply aren't talked about. Gonna suck.

Bynum is going to get torn apart so hard now that he's away from the insulating bubble of Lakers-land.

It'll be hilarious if they miss the playoffs. Bynum's really good, but because he's had a Lakers' jersey, everyone in the media thinks he's way better than Iggy and that's not really the case...

this isn't cool guys....

Jrue and Turner gonna finally take that next step yo...and and...

:(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

This is like comparing apples and oranges. 76ers have a really weird roster but overall they're a better team than last year in a conference that actually got worse. As long as Bynum stays healthy (big if) then they'll be fine.

So how about them Magic. Traded Dwight to the wrong team in LA :(

And yeah NBA-Gaf's insularity has nothing on Anime-GAF.

DY_nasty

I have high hopes for Turner.

Well, I would've - but you just know that YoungSwag is gonna fuck his girl or something on orders from Doug Collins...

Branduil

This is like comparing apples and oranges. 76ers have a really weird roster but overall they're a better team than last year in a conference that actually got worse. As long as Bynum stays healthy (big if) then they'll be fine.

What is fine? They're a good enough team to not get a lottery pick.

I don't know, animeGAF actually has a couple female posters.

So how about them Magic. Traded Dwight to the wrong team in LA :(

They replaced Iggy, Brand, and Lou Williams with Wright, Bynum, and Young; I'm struggling to see how they got better. The perimeter logjam thing that people talked about was based around Turner being good and he was pretty dang horrible in the playoffs.

DY_nasty

I believe in Evan Turner.

Just like how I believe in OJ Mayo.
I don't know, animeGAF actually has a couple female posters.
Well, there was Ghost of Grace Kelly

But after 12 pages of "post pics", we found out she was down for racism and beautiful black bodies.

There are a few others but I definitely don't blame them for not letting people know if they have boobs on gaf in general.

Branduil

Well, there was Ghost of Grace Kelly

But after 12 pages of "post pics", we found out she was down for racism and beautiful black bodies.

There are a few others but I definitely don't blame them for not letting people know if they have boobs on gaf in general.

See, that's why females can survive in animeGAF. No one there cares about real women.

DY_nasty

ET needs to get the fuck out of Philly before he's ruined. I think this is the season where he gets permanently roofed off too.
was the slam dunk anime any good because the manga was amazing.

anyways i was watching the 2001 lakers documentary and it's really interesting.any other really interesting championship run documentaries?

people say its good. never had the chance to check it out myself though

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Okay? Next thing you're going to tell me is that Cardcaptor Sakura wasn't the shit or that Sailor Moon was a bad show (and no I'm not talking about the atrocity that was the dub for either). Not every show has to be about dudes on steroids beating the crap out of each other.

Smile Precure is an enjoyable show, shrug. I get that people in here aren't willing to try anything that doesn't fit the Toonami mold and thats fine.

was the slam dunk anime any good because the manga was amazing.

Yeah it was.

VAqvM.jpg

And if the manga is good enough for him, it's good enough for anyone.

Okay? Next thing you're going to tell me is that Cardcaptor Sakura wasn't the shit or that Sailor Moon was a bad show (and no I'm not talking about the atrocity that was the dub for either). Not every show has to be about dudes on steroids beating the crap out of each other.

Smile Precure is an enjoyable show, shrug. I get that people in here aren't willing to try anything that doesn't fit the Toonami mold and thats fine.

Wasn't cardcaptor the one with like the elementary school girls or something; what is wrong with you

pretty soon you're gonna ask us if we like Ponies too and then Blackace will lock this thread into quarantine as the hazmat crew goes to work

Branduil

Wasn't cardcaptor the one with like the elementary school girls or something; what is wrong with you

Why are you complaining about Cardcaptor Sakura when darkside is an open fan of a show that sexualizes little anime girls playing basketball. You're not going to hurt him by attacking him for a show that is comparatively very well-regarded among anime fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom