• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
So much for that January BS some on here were talking about.

Dwight did 1 on 1 and 2 on 2 drills today outside of regular practice.
bu bu.. GAF told me he wont be back any time soon! smfh

That mans back is fully healed 100%. All that's left is conditioning after not doing real shit for 6 months. Which will obviously take time and should not be rushed.

Howard will be back to putting up all-star numbers on a regular by late November/early December. Count on it.

good news for AT&T U-Verse users.

just heard from my friend that works for AT&T... AT&T and Time Warner Cable are in advanced talks to bring the channel over to U-Verse before the start of the season.

so there might be light at the end of the tunnel.

didn't mention any other networks... soooooo ... yeah.
louie-sama61j38.gif

Fuck David Stern's pockets.

So MyPlayer in 2k13 is a 7'0 PF drafted by the sixers in the 1st round. All that fucker can do is set screens and do an occasional roll to the basket. Feels bad man

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I know, he looks worse in the other pic of him!

large_mediaday_0001_153216515_10.jpg

WTF nice obvious palming there Kidd.

BTW with all the respective NBA-GAFs here why am I only seeing 50000 Lakers pics and a few Sixer ones?

That's a pac10 dribble sucka

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So how much are you Knicks fans expecting from Kidd?

I just need him to be a viable option behind Felton as a deterrent to him camping out at the three pt line or the buffet line.... If he provides some of that steady veteran leadership and high BBIQ he's renowned for all the better.

So MyPlayer in 2k13 is a 7'0 PF drafted by the sixers in the 1st round. All that fucker can do is set screens and do an occasional roll to the basket. Feels bad man

This mode won't be realistic until your player gets called names and benched for Jodie Meeks.

2k14 with Larry Brown on the cover.

I just need him to be a viable option behind Felton as a deterrent to him camping out at the three pt line or the buffet line.... If he provides some of that steady veteran leadership and high BBIQ he's renowned for all the better.

The bad thing I noticed about him last year was it seemed like he lacked that BBIQ, which is a very odd thing to say. He made so many stupid fucking plays last year that ended up costing the Mavs a few games. It might help now that he doesn't have to start, but he definitely fell off last season.

Not sure why we aren't discussing SHUMPSDAGOD more, but ok.

Coming back from that knee injury LIKE A BOSS.

Rocking dat Ronnie DeVoe high top LIKE A BOSS.

Providing the only legitimate reason to watch the Knicks LIKE A BOSS.

Blackace

I think the Nuggets are my dark horse team this year

Blackace

People said that last year.

They still lack a 1A alpha dog player.

I think Iggy is pretty close to that..

I really think this year they will be dangerous, and might even shock one of the big dogs this playoffs..

I like the Nuggets this year. Very solid pieces, great coach.

Also, I'm reading a lot of articles about how beat up the heat are. If 07 repeats itself I might lose it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
People said that last year.

They still lack a 1A alpha dog player.

They should have beat the Lakers last year.

They replaced one of the worst defenders in the league last year in Afflalo with Iggy. Thats one of the biggest upgrades any team has made this year.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Of the 235 players who were the on-ball defender for at least 300 plays last season, Arron Afflalo allowed the third-worst point per play average.

Andre Iguodala was tied for 25th and ranked fourth among shooting guards.

That's one of those stats that's just... its like when people look at +/- and say that Drew Gooden is a great asset.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That's one of those stats that's just... its like when people look at +/- and say that Drew Gooden is a great asset.

Nuggets were the 5th worst team in terms of points per play. Afflalo was by far the weakest link by far of that defense any way you want to slice it. Also not entirely the same thing as +/- since it's directly looking at what a player is doing as the on-ball defender.

All that said it could just be an aberration. I hope to all hell it is. He's been a solid defender every year in his career until last season where he was just horrific.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Nuggets were the 5th worst team in terms of points per play. Afflalo was by far the weakest link by far of that defense any way you want to slice it. Also not entirely the same thing as +/- since it's directly looking at what a player is doing as the on-ball defender.

All that said it could just be an aberration. I hope to all hell it is. He's been a solid defender every year in his career until last season where he was just horrific.
Being an on-ball defender has a LOT to do with the guys behind you - and the Nuggets had one of the worst defensive frontcourts in the entire league. If they weren't running teams off the court, they would have been getting absolutely smoked because their defense was arguably worse than Sacramento's.

DCX

DCX
So how much are you Knicks fans expecting from Kidd?
He will do fine for us. Still has elite court vision and could really put Novak, JR and others in optimum position to score. Will be a terrible defender but Camby , Sheed , Thomas can help erase that.

20 minutes. 6ppg 5 ast 4rb 1 stl 38%3pt

DCX

Drew Gooden's plus or minus is pretty bad.

Synergy is not a good way to judge Afflalo since he was usually guarding the best player on the other team, but his defensive plus or minus wasn't any good either and the Nuggets sucked defensively so I think it's fair to wonder if he's a good defender or just a guy who looks good on-ball but doesn't help enough and isn't athletic enough to make an impact.

are you serious about any of this...wat

Look at the other starters on the 76ers other than Bynum:

JRue
Turner
Richardson
Hawes

That is a terribad supporting cast. Turner can't score, JRue can't run point, Richardson and Hawes can't defend or create. And their bench isn't special either. They're asking Bynum to be a defensive player capable of erasing Hawes' and Richardson's mistakes while also creating every shot for the 76ers on offense, seems like too much for him. Clippers other than Griffin and CP3 are really bad as well and the West is really good.

the games between Denver and Minny are gunna be sick.

yeah they are. Beyond the 4 or so championship contending teams the next 15 to 20 teams are going to be more or less competitive with one another. People have been knocking the parity in the NBA, but I think it got better this offseason. Not at the top but among the 3rd to 10th seeds or so.

Batum on that groin shot on Navarro.

I won't say any names but Spanish people and Spanish media were truly mad at me on Twitter," Batum acknowledged. "I got some bad things, trust me. [But] people all around the world, on Twitter, or media, or people, even coaches and players from the other teams, thanked me."

"I won't say what they told me, but trust me a lot of people thanked me," he repeated. "I won't say, but they just thanked me. Trust me, a lot, a lot of people. Not especially from France but from everywhere. I won't say that's good. I'm not happy or glad about it."

Top Bottom