• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

Lakers in 2k...holy fuck. There's literally no point with that starting lineup on the floor that you don't have 1 of a thousand options to get a good shot off.

Emwitus

Nuggets were the 5th worst team in terms of points per play. Afflalo was by far the weakest link by far of that defense any way you want to slice it. Also not entirely the same thing as +/- since it's directly looking at what a player is doing as the on-ball defender.

All that said it could just be an aberration. I hope to all hell it is. He's been a solid defender every year in his career until last season where he was just horrific.

Kobe sure wishes those stats meant something. He was terribad against him last season.

Lakers in 2k...holy fuck. There's literally no point with that starting lineup on the floor that you don't have 1 of a thousand options to get a good shot off.
I'm faring a lot better today against them than I was yesterday. A good zone is effective, if you have the skill to manually rotate the players.

Nash/Pau PnR's are devistating, always result in either Pau easy mid range J, Pau roll to the basket, drop off to Dwight downlow, Dwight gets open shot downlow, open Nash 3 or midrange J, Nash stroll to the basket or drop off, Kobe 1on1 on the elbow, open Kobe 3, open Metta 3, slashing Metta/Kobe to the basket.

And if somehow all of those are unavailable you can always try again or Go 1on1 with anyone not named Metta.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Nash/Pau PnR's are devistating, always result in either Pau easy mid range J, Pau roll to the basket, drop off to Dwight downlow, Dwight gets open shot downlow, open Nash 3 or midrange J, Nash stroll to the basket or drop off, Kobe 1on1 on the elbow, open Kobe 3, open Metta 3, slashing Metta/Kobe to the basket.

And if somehow all of those are unavailable you can always try again or Go 1on1 with anyone not named Metta.

Seriously like every possession someone is going to be open though Metta will be open no matter what they run lol.

Slam Online had a slide show of NBA player tweets reacting to ESPN's "Broke".

Delonte West is gonna be broke as soon as he doesn't have a NBA contract. Funniest one was John Wall posting instagram pics of a ferrari while "Broke" was airing.

Slam Online had a slide show of NBA player tweets reacting to ESPN's "Broke".

Delonte West is gonna be broke as soon as he doesn't have a NBA contract. Funniest one was John Wall posting instagram pics of a ferrari while "Broke" was airing.

lol i feel kinda bad for delonte. poor guy was sleeping in the locker room last year before the season.

Jeff-DSA

iFNGAl.jpg

I'd take the YOLO out and not play with them either if Bargs was their core for the future.

Yeah, they had to be too high to nerf him that hard. G-TYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYMMMMMMME!

Blatche suffered back spasms at Nets practice. Proky rushed to his side and whispered in Andray's ear, his favorite line from the Rocky series that inspired him as a youth; "I will break you."

SUPREME1

Banned
Today's First Take was pretty entertaining when the topic was Kobe and whether he will be happy adjusting to his new, reduced, role in the offense.

There was one point where Skip and SAS damn near reduced themselves to babbling as they get really into it, not letting the other guy get the last word. I know it happens everyday, but this was a little more than the usual. I was laughing so much that the wifey walked in to see what the fuss was about.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
2012 NBA Preseason |OT| I-Its not like I think the Lakers are g-good or anything!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
BREAKING NEWS
Adam Morrison intends to retire from basketball if he doesn't make the roster of the Portland Trail Blazers.

“I'm going to finish school and start coaching (If he didn't make the Trail Blazers roster)...I did the Europe thing and it just wasn't for me,” Morrison told CSNNW.com. “Not saying the (Europe) culture or anything like that, (or) the people, it just wasn't for me. So, yeah, if it doesn't work out, I'm willing to look myself in the mirror and say, 'I gave it a honest shot' and turn the page. Do something else.”

Morrison was complimented by Terry Stotts on his scoring, but said he will have to prove himself capable defensively to make the roster.

“I think everybody is aware that he has a great ability to put the ball in the basket,” Stotts said after the team's first training camp session. “He can make shots, he can create shots. That's his strength. That's his bread and butter and that's the way he will prove himself.

“But at the same token, he has to do a little of everything: He's got to defend, he has to fit within the team. If he has to beat somebody out, he has to beat somebody out. So, I think there are a lot of factors.”
http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...lazers_Not_Interested_In_Europe#ixzz28FxuXDGg

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
NBA adopts anti-flopping rule for this season. On related note, Manu Ginobili announces his retirement.
RT @HowardBeckNYT: NBA just announced new anti-flopping policy: Warning for 1st violation, $5k fine on 2nd, then $10k, $15k and $30k on subsequent violations
!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
HowardBeckNYT
Player called for sixth flopping violation will get "discipline that is reasonable under circumstances," incl bigger fine and/or suspension

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
HowardBeckNYT
Player called for sixth flopping violation will get "discipline that is reasonable under circumstances," incl bigger fine and/or suspension

Perfect.

If you get suspended, that's an additional $61k for a guy making $5mil/yr.

Harden, Westbrook, Manu, and Paul? That's like $150-200k gone.

Top Bottom