• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

inky

I can't get myself to post TR shots. I find it horribly looking in screenshots but it's kinda decent in motion.

I agree. Well, haven't seen it in motion other than videos, but I can believe that. The color palette is so drab, yuck. I know it fits thematically, but whatever, it looks like crap and at least Uncharted has vibrant colors.

Edit: oops, top pf the page. Sorry about that, carry on with the screenshots.

The TR shots some of you have posted with her coming up out of the stream of blood, I don't remember that happening for me. In fact, I remember saying to myself "man, this game is amazing, but a little more attention to detail would be nice. Lara pops her head up out of this stream of blood and guts, and there is nothing on her face or hair!"

Yet, in some of your pics, I'm seeing blood on her face. hmm

FACE

Banned
I was expecting Arma 3 to look better than BF3 since it's a PC only game not limited by last gen consoles. I guess the huge play area limits what they can push graphically.

ArmA 3's budget is probably much smaller than BF3's.

Trm.png

Urm.png

It's just bothering the shit out of me that you guys are getting the blood on her face.

It's from when she emerges out of a river of blood.

Though it's bothering me because I didn't get that effect on my playthrough... =\

edit: And I just realized it's probably because of the outfit I have laura wearing. Lame

Though it's bothering me because I didn't get that effect on my playthrough... =\

edit: And I just realized it's probably because of the outfit I have laura wearing. Lame

Yeah, as I said in the other post, I didn't get the effect on my playthrough either :(

Yeah, as I said in the other post, I didn't get the effect on my playthrough either :(

Yea, I didn't realize there were other outfits, that may be why. It was a pretty awesome scene though.

Mainly it's Vurt's Skyrim Flora Overhaul v175 (I changed some of the grasses around to make it look wilder and overgrown), ENB, and my own weather/lighting esp.

203160_2013-03-07_000joswk.png

203160_2013-03-08_000smsup.png

Can't compare to some of the other shots in here given the lack of downsampling on my part(Want to play through at 60 FPS for this game) but I thought they looked serviceable enough. The combat animations in this game look quite nice, outside of the slightly silly dodge.

Pro

Curious if anyone has any comparison screens for Tomb Raider on XBOX 360 and maxed PC settings? Always arguing with some friends on how it looks like shit on consoles compared to PC and they can't see it.

KyleN

Banned
Can't compare to some of the other shots in here given the lack of downsampling on my part(Want to play through at 60 FPS for this game) but I thought they looked serviceable enough. The combat animations in this game look quite nice, outside of the slightly silly dodge.
Thanks for not posting cutscenes atleast. Seen way to much of the same shit here.

dionysus

Yaldog
Here is a Mechwarrior Online shots. Trying to get some good action shots but it is difficult seeing as I am fighting at the same time.

Pretty much all settings on high, motion blur off, at 1080P, this is how I play the game so no bullshot.

rum.png

mxgt

Banned
Don't feel too great about adding to the barrage of TR shots but it's the only game I'm playing right now seeing as SimCity is a colossal mess.

3h7s9i.png

1ppscc.png

Pro

I love the TR shots. Playing it myself now too, but practically every screen shot I've taken (and I've taken a whole lot of them) is already up here :( Don't know about some of the other comments regarding the way it looks. This is one of the best looking games I've seen to date. Oh and it is really good too.

The thing about TR is that the shots really don't do the game justice (which I'm sure can be said about a lot of games). Looks great in motion. Animations are really, really good.

Thoroughly enjoying it right now

Pro

It's running a ton of weather, lighting, and particle effects too. I can stay roughly around 30 FPS at Ultimate 1920x1200 settings on my 6950. About 18 FPS if I DS to 2560x1600 which is not playable IMO. This game is making me seriously consider an upgrade to a 7970. Point being it's a modern game with all the fixings and very well put together.

Top Bottom